RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Announcements from head quarters

Announcements from head quarters When everyone needs to know here is were you will find it..

Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Exclamation Members please read!!!!!!!!

I have been asked to remove and not put links to the following web sites by the owners of the web sites. Until we can find out why DO NOT put up links to their sites. Here is the reason I was given to have the links removed.

Quote:
I would like to thank you very much to linking to our website.
Unfortunately, the link may have been acquired against Google's
Webmaster Guidelines and as a result, we recently received a notice from
Google that our website has been assessed a penalty after determining
certain links may be “unnatural.”
Here are the two web sites and I have replaced the . with dot so it will not show up as a link.

1) www dot nexttruckonline dot com

2) www dot rockanddirt dot com

Thanks
Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 10-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Green Horn

grumpygrady is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Members please read!!!!!!!!

ok will drop both of those sites
Old 10-29-2013, 06:48 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Members please read!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpygrady View Post
ok will drop both of those sites
You don’t have to drop them it is not their fault and they nor us did anything wrong it is Google. Yet another reason I prefer YAHOO.

Here is the answer I received from our IT guy.

Quote:
Hello Travis,

We have looked through the links and discussed this with our coding team. These are not spam messages and also it is not your fault. Your users used a link in their posts to other sites and depending on how link is phrased, Google search engine does not find it a valid link.

Google rates all the sites on how well they are made and how “famous” they are on the internet. By famous I mean how many people of other sites know about it. The problem with that is that some people would go on forums and blogs and just bombard everyone with website link. It makes it look like there are a lot of other sites directing users to the one Google is looking at. With recent change Google started to crack down on that.

In your case the links were not made to boost someone else’s site ratings. They were made by users pointing to a different site based on discussion they were having. TO fix the problem you can manually remove those posts or remove links from them. Further there is an option in forum management to disable links so users cannot create a link. What that will do is that users can still type in the name of the website but instead of clicking on it in forum, readers will have to copy and paste it into their browser to go there.

If you only have a few of there, I would recommend first going into posts and disabling the link. (text will turn grey from blue and you won’t be able to click on it). If it continues to happen, next step would be to disable link function.

Please let me know if this helps

Thank you

I hope to not have to disable links all together and to do it on a case by case basis. So if you put up a link and it disappears or is disabled don't go off on the forum about it contact me (fhhhstix) and I can tell you if it was done by request.

Thanks
Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11