RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Scale Buildings, Warehouses and Structures.

Scale Buildings, Warehouses and Structures. If you have buildings and other structures that you have built to use with your Rc's here is your place to share them.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:32 PM

PetervR is on a distinguished road
Default Builildings for the mobile track for the "TechTeam"

The club I'm president of has a mobile track. That exists out of about 100 sheets of 1,2m by 1,2m. And it needs buildings. I'm not making a thread for every seperate builing I make for the track. Just one for all. The mobile track can be layed in different layouts. And at different events. For the trucks I need some builing to run from. And naturaly also houses to run by. I also try to build the buildings with the same detail as the trucks. Insperation is found at some railroad senery websites. Making those small models larger and usefull for the trucks. And the houses small enough to have it nice and mobile.

Making those buildings are build togetter with my trucks and are not going to be fast builds. I have some buildings already build. Pictures will come in the next posts

Grtz PetervR
Old 03-06-2017, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Builildings for the mobile track for the "TechTeam"

The track
Old 03-07-2017, 12:21 PM
Journeyman

FabOne is on a distinguished road

AWESOME layout!!
Old 03-07-2017, 08:57 PM

rccrazy523 is on a distinguished road

What material are you using for the roadway? We are using rolls of rubber for are club it looks really good just a lot of work.I would love to have something like this for our Truck Club thanks.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:00 AM

what we use is eucalyptus hardboard 3mm think. I could probebly also called high density fiberboard.
and we use eucalyptus instead of the standard becouse it can stand some moist.
the club we originate from used "swedisch masonite" that can get really wet. but that was a bit to expensive, to heavy and needed an expencive primer to paint it.
we have made a trolly for the stack twice. we stack it flat. but the stack of 100 sheats weighs 420 kg the first wooden trolly didn't make it, we have a steal one now. even the first trailer to get it to a show, had a suspention failure. now we are not carring the full track to a show. and builing an other trailer. but the full budget of the club went in the layout. and the first trailer. so its a but of a struggle to get the 2nd build. and when we started the build of the layout we had 18 members, now we are down to 5.
so some things take time. and we really need new buildings. and I'm going to build them. I'll try to find pictures of the trolly
Old 03-19-2017, 04:59 PM

Beeing side tracked on a side track.
Not all shows we attend we lay the track. Sometimes it's just a table top. With my old friend I was always having a discussion about the things we put on the table. And sometimes there was a table promessed. But at showtime no table. One thing we agreed about we needed our own table. We also agreed we wanted to show our modeltrucks. We also didn't want to show the coffeecups and sutch. But how.
I just a week or so, had a eureka moment. Watching some scenery building on youtube. I need a townsquare. The square to put the models on. The buildingfaces to hide the stuff we don't want to show. Also a railroaders trick. Put a lot of detail in the front where people can see it. And the rest will look more detailed aswell. That's a trick I have to try.

The detail starts with the bricks of the face I named Square 1,

Cut some bricks. Won't be enough but it is a start

The way we are going to hide the coffee

The front of the face after some brick laying.
This is going to be continued ;-)

Grtz PetervR
Old 03-19-2017, 08:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Thats a great looking track, and i can't wait to see buildings come together
Old 03-29-2017, 03:15 PM

The townsquare is becomming a real project.
Not just the front I named square1. Sq2, Sq3 and Sq4, are build. Just need more ore lots more detailing.

Sq3 has a differend size brick. And some rooftiling

Sq5, and Sq6, are ready to be build. Sq5 is going to be the towns bar. And Sq6, the supermarket. The supermarket is a special one. We need on the table some room to fix a small defect on the rc-trucks. Moust want to do that behind the scenes. I usually fix that at the front table. So the public can ask what you're doing. So the supermarket is going to be set forward on the table. So not just a coffecup can be hidden. A truck or trailer will fit in that building.
To add to a townsquare look and feel of a real town. I need more than buildingfaces, I want to build some trees.
Only to build an oak In the right scale. Might be a challenge. Not just to build. But to get to all the shows. Not an option.
Shaped trees are an option. In the old days the flat shaped trees where used to keep the sun out. They aren't hugh. And they are flat and easy to take along.
I need 3, the first wirecore is made.

And to make a mess of this topic.
I want to show 3 homes I made some 9 years ago.

The real homes are in s Hertogenbosch. The idea of the designer was the the sosial live was in the city center. And you just needed a home to sleep. Shower and have bite to eat. I could not make one. For the right effect 3 was the minimum.

This is how the real ones look
This is it fore now. Next time more about the sqaure and an already build structure
Old 03-29-2017, 03:25 PM

The townsquare is becomming a real project.
Not just the front I named square1. Sq2, Sq3 and Sq4, are build. Just need more ore lots more detailing.

Sq3 has a differend size brick. And some rooftiling

Sq5, and Sq6, are ready to be build. Sq5 is going to be the towns bar. And Sq6, the supermarket. The supermarket is a special one. We need on the table some room to fix a small defect on the rc-trucks. Moust want to do that behind the scenes. I usually fix that at the front table. So the public can ask what you're doing. So the supermarket is going to be set forward on the table. So not just a coffecup can be hidden. A truck or trailer will fit in that building.
To add to a townsquare look and feel of a real town. I need more than buildingfaces, I want to build some trees.
Only to build an oak In the right scale. Might be a challenge. Not just to build. But to get to all the shows. Not an option.
Shaped trees are an option. In the old days the flat shaped trees where used to keep the sun out. They aren't hugh. And they are flat and easy to take along.
I need 3, the first wirecore is made.

And to make a mess of this topic.
I want to show 3 homes I made some 9 years ago.

The real homes are in s Hertogenbosch. The idea of the designer was the the sosial live was in the city center. And you just needed a home to sleep. Shower and have bite to eat. I could not make one. For the right effect 3 was the minimum.

This is how the real ones look
This is it fore now. Next time more about the sqaure and an already build structure
Old 08-24-2017, 03:16 AM

just an update. of the square, al buildings have a face and roof now. some need the windowframes to be placed. and all still need paint, some more some less.