RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 05-23-2017, 03:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvjimd View Post
RW, do you have any pics of the difference between the old and new track pads and sprockets? What changes did you make and what do you think has made it run "cleaner"?

Love Dozer videos!

Jim
Jim, pads are original ones, I made new links, almost the exact same as original ones. On the first set I had the link pins slightly offset as to be closer to the sprocket. (Height wise) and on the new ones I have them centered. That was actually a flaw because I didn't catch that offset until I had already started cutting new ones. So I just ran with it. . But I don't think that makes much difference. The difference I made was to have slightly longer teeth on the sprocket and to have them more pointed. Plus on the geometry I tightened up the gap a little bit. If you look at a normal sprocket the gap is not exactly the size of the pin, but a little wider and get even wider as it gets towards top of tooth. On mine I lessened that gap. I think the combination of a sharper tooth ,(that will push dirt out instead of keep packing it in) and the tighter sprocket gap was key. I really should have relief holes in the track pads like 1:1 machines. That would also push out any dirt. But keep in mind the size of these things anything much bigger than sand grains is a problem. Also a long time ago titandigs gave some great advise on increasing the gap between the actual pads. Too tight of a gap will make the pads arch up if any little bit of dirt sticks inbetween them. I'll try and get some pics of the sprockets that may make it easier to see. Kind of hard to put into words, especially for me. What I'm thinking and what I'm conveying aren't always the same. Lol!!!
Old 06-01-2017, 05:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Still working on getting those pics for you Jim,,

I decided to add a few trees to the worksite,,, and it was all rock and brick used for fill from years ago!! Not fun or easy digging

Once I gather up all the big rocks and bricks the rc quarry/mine/pit can get back to work.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Jim, I figured I better just snap a pic while I'm thinking about it or I will forget to later!! The new one is on left and old one in right. The old one is worn a bit but not too far off original. And I can't get a pic of top profile of teeth but the new sprocket teeth are more pointed as the old ines were just as wide as base.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:35 PM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road

RW,

Thanks, cant gain too much data for this sort of thing...

Jim
Old 06-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

And one just for Mario, haha, I'm using your idea of pre-digging with the bigger toys. Lol!! Loaded up most of the brick/rocks and hauled away. Now I definitely need to make a screening plant. Lots of smaller rocks but still big for the 1:14 scale. If I knew the future would yield a rock crusher I would keep the bricks close by. Perfect material for a crusher!! If you do see this Mario, hope you are doing well with the new homestead and family. Many years to follow to watch your backyard quarry project!!!

Oh an Benny, I keep forgetting to call ya back!! And that goes for anyone, I'm pretty hollow between the ears so if you are waiting for a response, call, or anything I'm not intentionally ignoring you or avoiding but simply in one ear and out the other. . Have too much useless knowledge upstairs that takes up too much memory resulting in forgetfulness!!!
Old 06-03-2017, 12:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

https://youtu.be/1Idj_D4LQOE

cutting a road in dirt pile, video 1
Old 06-03-2017, 12:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

https://youtu.be/kC05ZXhiKqg

part 2
Old 06-03-2017, 01:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

https://youtu.be/axB2kkIP1ZI

and one more
Old 06-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

you have a great fleet and a nice place to play awesome
Old 06-03-2017, 05:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack van View Post
you have a great fleet and a nice place to play awesome
Thanks, first full year at the new dig site, so I brought over some dirt to push around and build some stuff with. First mechanical problem of the year too, something let loose with hydraulics. Haven't got into to see what exactly let loose. It's down in the pump area and have to tear down quite a bit to get at it. I'm hopeful that it is a fitting and not the pump.

https://youtu.be/RIl9SAZtyeA

Video of pushing the top off and towards the end you can hear the gurgling of fluid. At first I thought it was sucking air from just being low on oil (a small leak on one of the lift cylinder seals) so I kept running but then realized something let loose inside didn't have to carry it , short distance to shop
Old 06-03-2017, 05:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

The telltale signs of a wounded cat!!

And one nice sign, oil doesn't look bad .
Old 06-03-2017, 08:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Found the problem, the black 90 degree fitting right in middle of pic, is a90 coming out of the pump. I know these fittings are not rated for much but like almost everything the ratings on industry stuff is in the underrated side. They have been holding up in everything else I have used them in. I think the oring in the hose fitting side was compromised somehow. And I'm pretty sure they were oil tolerant. In pic below you can see the oil bubbling out.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Replaced this fitting with this one

Used a reducer on pump and this type of 90 for a "hopefully " quick fix. I'm glad it wasn't the pump, found a couple other issues, a couple loose screws (haha) and one of my electrical connections was a little loose.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

And now the not so fun part of stuffing everything back together and trying to clean up about half cup of oil laying in belly pan. If it wouldn't collect more dirt I'd leave it there and be like the 1:1 machines , always dripping oil somewhere.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:54 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Great Dane excavating co.

You work quick Cooper! I was just watching you last night putting in work and saw you blew a hose on the dozer and now you have her fixed already Hopefully cleanup isn't too much of a pain in the butt.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
You work quick Cooper! I was just watching you last night putting in work and saw you blew a hose on the dozer and now you have her fixed already Hopefully cleanup isn't too much of a pain in the butt.
Yes, the parts department was stocked and the service department was quick with work!! Lol!! Now my local cat service wasn't so nice recently, had a backhoe swing cylinder that was leaking,, $1080.00 later I had her up and running. Had less than $50 in seals and nothing wrong with cylinder, no re-chromeing, no spray welding, no boar/honing, just the service to replace seals. $1000 for just that!!! Well it was off a case hoe and cat service but they work on all equipment at this location. I could carry the cylinder filled with oil so it wasn't something that needed overheat crane. Good lesson to learn how to do it myself!! I know they need to get paid too but a grand for seal replacement! Guess I should have said I was an individual/personal not put it on our account!! Amazing how the price of a new hoe is xxx for an individual and if I had the county or township checkbook is would be xxxx more!! Lol! That's a whole different topic that I'm not happy about my tax dollars,,,,, although I did take the dozer up to them and had the whole shop out in parking lot takeing pics.

Anyhow,,, rain again here today, this is definitely the wettest year we've had ever!! So the service guys here should be finishing up on the d11 today

An old one but still makes me laugh, my service department manager,,,

Old 06-04-2017, 01:26 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

At least your service manager works for peanuts not like the human kind !
Old 06-04-2017, 06:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

I thought he was just really fast at doing work, but actually he's got trained squirrels.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Good old Mr Nutter!
Old 06-04-2017, 08:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

Jim, I figured I better just snap a pic while I'm thinking about it or I will forget to later!! The new one is on left and old one in right. The old one is worn a bit but not too far off original. And I can't get a pic of top profile of teeth but the new sprocket teeth are more pointed as the old ines were just as wide as base.
Jim, another thing I forgot to mention was the bigger holes in side of links. That is allowing more material to get pushed out if tip of sprocket compacts it into links. A helpful combination of all these small changes, none big but combination has been working well. I imagine you were asking in regards to your dozer,?, might not apply as the smaller tracks get the particles of dirt don't. I still get the tracks to arch up if the dozer stalls and tracks keep moving. They just dig and really fill up the pads. Usually one rotation of tracks and it settles out. In some of the videos you can see, I think last one. When the wheelhouse bounces it's usually the tracks arching up and catching the fenders.

Yeah, good ole me nutters, pretty sure he is gone but a new plentiful generation of hopefully his descendants have been raiding all the bird feeders, along with a plentiful group of raggits and the groundhog is back!! I was trying to trap the groundhog but wife thought I may catch a dog in it. (One less snort and fart doggie) . Lol!! But that would result in probably one less me!!