RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 05-21-2016, 02:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RC4WD 4200XL models and nomenclature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBennyB View Post
Yea, I usually give a strike or 2 to vendors before getting on them but this is really getting out of hand. If it comes to it do u mind if I send them the pic of yours Farmer?
Sure Benny it ain't a problem use the picture, anything to help a member out. Have you contacted Tang about the issues your experiencing with one of their dealers ?

Eaglemach@foxmail.com
Old 05-23-2016, 01:54 AM

alaskantoy is on a distinguished road

I just received an email stating I received the "updated" valve hydro block. still having issues with slow movement, and the hydro lines loosening up and causing leaks and sucking in air.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:40 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskantoy View Post
I just received an email stating I received the "updated" valve hydro block. still having issues with slow movement, and the hydro lines loosening up and causing leaks and sucking in air.
Slow movement is likely due to air in the system. Too low oil level in the tank. I don't have a quick, good 'non messy' way of emptying the system for air, but maybe others have? Theoretically the air should come out by running all cylinders in and out enough times, having the tank filled up to proper level at first.
Adding thread locker to the nipples will not hurt. E.g Locktite 542
Old 05-23-2016, 05:18 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

Sad to hear about the troubles someone experiences with the equipment. I guess one can state that RC4WD is more of a pure 'forwarder' of deals/money between the customer and the fabricator, Eagle. Not a real 'dealer' like one have with full scale machinery, that test runs, upgrades things before delivery, give full service, keep spare parts locally and so on. It's all very cost driven, companies like RC4Wd want's to have minimum stock and personnel, to keep costs down. That naturally influence the degree of service and quality of the delivery. I don't know if there are, or there should be, a professional dealer of the machines in e.g the US, that have good technical knowledge, keep spare parts in stock locally, and really test, check and possible upgrade the machines before delivery. the hobby is quite new..but hopefully things will improve over time and one will have more options than relate to unprofessional 'forwarders' or relate directly to a factory in China, that also keeps number of staff down in order to keep low cost.
If not getting original hydraulics properly up and go, there is always the option to put proper hydraulics in, Premacon, 1000-1200-1400 usd (If so, ask/look for advice at the forum concerning all parts needed in such a upgrade first, if one are not very into hydraulics)
Old 05-23-2016, 08:37 AM
Apprentice

TheBennyB is on a distinguished road

I just emailed Tang to see if there is a "new" 3 block version 1.5 or if RC4WD is being negligent on updating or misinforming customers on what they are selling.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Keep us updated. Curious to see what the deal is...
Old 05-25-2016, 08:20 AM
Apprentice

Ok, so heard back from Tang and he said the newest 1.5's do have an improved 3 valve block and not a 4 valve. He also said to make sure the flow isn't too high and stay at stock or a bit lower on the pump speed which we all know already. Seems a bit suspect until I see a listing to buy a "new" 3 valve block upgrade. If anyone has some pics of their 1.0 3 valve block could you post up please, would like to compare.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:42 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Wish they listed a clear description of the parts they updated over the years. Would make things easier to figure which version you have.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:15 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
Wish they listed a clear description of the parts they updated over the years. Would make things easier to figure which version you have.

No kidding, though I'm sure the 12 year old that "tests" and boxes them up has no idea what they have in front of them, much less the distributor. I'm still not completely sold on this "new" 3 block. I've only heard good things about Tang so I'll take his word...for now!!
Old 05-25-2016, 02:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

I've been following this and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the new valve block just the same block ?, just three valves instead of 4?
Old 05-25-2016, 04:18 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
I've been following this and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the new valve block just the same block ?, just three valves instead of 4?
Version 1.0 has a 3 valve block, supposedly 1.5 has a 4 valve block and the "newest" 1.5's have a improved 3 valve block. This is what I've been told by Tang and RC4WD. Not sure what the "improvements" are though.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

With the new valve block they should update the 4200 to version 2.0. Would help clear things up for customers wondering if they have the correct parts for their version.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Four valve block on the 1.5 version
"4-way reversing valve, the use of standard servo drive, a total of 4 road, one on the right side all the way to control the oil, under normal circumstances the oil flows back to the fuel tank directly, producing action after valve is closed, the hydraulic oil flow to the high pressure oil. The actual use only three road"

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rc-ca...a-5a821f4c27f8

http://store.rc4wd.com/Hydraulic-Val...15_p_1832.html
Old 05-25-2016, 09:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBennyB View Post
Ok, so heard back from Tang and he said the newest 1.5's do have an improved 3 valve block and not a 4 valve. He also said to make sure the flow isn't too high and stay at stock or a bit lower on the pump speed which we all know already. Seems a bit suspect until I see a listing to buy a "new" 3 valve block upgrade. If anyone has some pics of their 1.0 3 valve block could you post up please, would like to compare.
I'm totally confused with this one guys, and I'm sure others are too,,,,

When you say 3 valve block , how many actual servos are connected to the whole block? Three valves and one diverted valve? That's still the 4 valve block. Or are you actually saying the version you are referring to has ONLY three servos and does not have the diverted valve and is using pump with prv to divert flow back to tank?
Old 05-26-2016, 09:00 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
I'm totally confused with this one guys, and I'm sure others are too,,,,

When you say 3 valve block , how many actual servos are connected to the whole block? Three valves and one diverted valve? That's still the 4 valve block. Or are you actually saying the version you are referring to has ONLY three servos and does not have the diverted valve and is using pump with prv to divert flow back to tank?
You got it. 3 valve block=3 servo's an no diverting valve, just usual prv.
4 valve block=4 servo's. 3 for booms and bucket and 4th for diverting valve.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Got ya .

I'm pretty sure (not positive) but these are shipped from overseas (hk). Rc4wd doesn't see/touch them. At least mine came with overseas post.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:43 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Got ya .

I'm pretty sure (not positive) but these are shipped from overseas (hk). Rc4wd doesn't see/touch them. At least mine came with overseas post.
Naw Benny's came from Cali and not Honk Kong, RC4WD must of have had it at their warehouse.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:29 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Naw Benny's came from Cali and not Honk Kong, RC4WD must of have had it at their warehouse.
Nope, mine came from oversea's. Had to deal with DHL as more import tax was owed before delivery. I had to pay $100 out of pocket, luckily RC4WD reimbursed me via paypal. Just another wonderful experience of this excavator adventure provided by RC4WD. I believe your right, the only thing RC4WD has seen of these are the pics on their website.

Last edited by TheBennyB; 05-26-2016 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

My bad I must have miss read your post on the previous page. That's actually pretty good if RC4WD covered the duty fees on your excavator. No one ever payed any of the duty fees I ever had on any of my parcels lol That's usually how things go when buying outside of the country you have to pay import tax on it. Also had to pay DHL on delivery.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:37 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
My bad I must have miss read your post on the previous page. That's actually pretty good if RC4WD covered the duty fees on your excavator. No one ever payed any of the duty fees I ever had on any of my parcels lol That's usually how things go when buying outside of the country you have to pay import tax on it. Also had to pay DHL on delivery.
Oh yea, glad they paid me back. Definitely not a deal breaker, just emailed them and asked why the total cost wasn't included in initial shipping cost.
I know of course taxes change and with the weight it could easily be held up in customs. I gave them a shout for S and giggles and was a bit shocked when my paypal account showed the $$ the next day.