RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Brudermiya Mack

I bought this truck and some other equipment from JCR excavating at the beginning of the week. Jason has been getting interested in some different stuff(car racing) and downsizing for now. It works out well for him as I buy the stuff, do the work to finish it up and he gets to play with it at shows and in the compound... I should start charging him rental fees come to think of it....

Anyway, I haven't decided what I will do with the KH cab if anything at all but after seeing pictures of Ben's Mack hooked to a RCP's trailer or two I wanted to put my spare Bruder to use. I can't believe how easy the cab goes on! Well almost. I would like to get it a tiny bit lower but I also want to retain the interior and engine. It looks like the trans is holding it up from coming down the extra little bit. Are you guys cutting the plastic on the trans case or what is the solution? I think this truck will stay a tractor as every other truck in my fleet is a dump truck with the exception of my KW's.

Old 10-10-2015, 03:40 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Brudermiya Mack

That does look like a relatively easy conversion. Mack cab looks good on there!
Old 10-10-2015, 08:04 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

On mine I have a small 340 size motor mounted to a gear drive tucked in the frame. I mounted the receiver in the front cavity and the speed controller up in the rear cavity. I didn't need to cut any thing. The motor and interior are intact. If you can live without the three speed try experimenting with one of your dump drive motors to get a good speed, should have plenty of power. I kept mine sitting high, 1. Because I like the look 2. When you set it down you start to realize the scale difference and the tires don't fit the wheel wells. Let me know if you want any pictures of the underside I'll take some for you.

Yours looks great just the way it is to me, especially since your pulling a dump!

Kent
Old 10-10-2015, 08:08 AM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

I'm sure this will be as nice as all your other stuff when you finish up.

I'm using a RC4wd 2 speed in my tractor and a single speed planetary transfer case in my dump that I'm building now.
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 10-10-2015, 09:09 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

that looks like my buddy's KW sitting high on the rails like that
Old 10-10-2015, 09:33 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks for the tips guys. I think I may take the trans case off and see how it fits. If it goes down the 3/16"-1/4" I'm looking for I will cut the case near the pinion to add some clearance(I think that's where it's hitting). If it doesn't come down I may just raise the steps slightly or swap out the three speed all together. I agree that dropping the cab too much shows the scale difference. I am thinking about running driven front axle in this too so losing the three speed might be the way to go. I don't plan to make this a super custom build so the more stock the better but I've said that before...lol
Old 10-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I did a little more trimming today. I cut the top of the trans case off and tweaked the cab just a tiny bit more. I then decided to move the steps forward and upward. To make this work I had to machine a couple of simple mounts. Overall I am fairly happy with how easy this is coming together. I think with some more aggressive rubber, beefy front bumper and headache rack this will look alright.

Thanks for looking!
Old 04-24-2016, 05:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I haven't done anything with this truck for months other than steal it's wheels and tires and watch it collect dust . A while back I noticed that a reject bumper from one of my Hayes projects kinda fit. Today I was looking for something to do briefly so I picked this up and onto the bench. I reinstalled the wheels and then got to looking at the bumper. It needed a mount and a very slight angled trim on the sides to clear the super wides while turning. In about a half hour I had it fitted and mounted up. I don't think it looks to bad considering it was otherwise a throw away bumper. I honestly don't know what I'm doing with this truck. I guess I will figure it out as I go.lol

Old 04-27-2016, 09:15 PM

jeffgp is on a distinguished road

That bumper looks killer on that . I need some nothing made like that for mine. I also want to use the bruder plow . take a look at it .
Old 05-02-2016, 10:51 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks. I'm really happy that it looks OK since I don't have much time for working on my own stuff. At least with a bumper attached it is starting to look like a runner again. I would like to pick up another set of rails for it at some point though because these ones have been cut at the back. Whoever did it chewed them off I think.lol
Old 05-03-2016, 10:59 AM
Green Horn

mcl fabrication is on a distinguished road

That's comin out great. I like to see Mack conversions, mainly because of the operating doors and hood. http://
I'm hoping to find a Mack for cheap, used hopefully in a different color It seems blue is a big seller. And love the front bumper. I broke the original one so I'm going to adopt your idea and make a bumper.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:25 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yeah, the original bumper was cracked on this one as well so I needed to make something. Thankfully this one I had fit so I didn't need to make something. I wish the wheel arches were a little larger but other than that they fit pretty well on the Tamiya chassis.