RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: King Hauler Rebuild, Stage 1

you need to read the cans, kyrlon is some funny stuff you cant clear
some colors?? my gloss black fenders krinkled but the hood didn't
after hitting with clear
Old 02-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Hello UP1980 I have a solution to your paint problems. Go to your Favorite auto paint store and pick out a color that you like and buy a 1/2 pint of it. Then have them put it in spray cans( Bug Bombs ) for you. This could be done with the clear also and you can get them to pick out comparable product so you don't have any problems after you finish the job. It may be a little expensive but you don't have to but a bunch of equipment. Ed
Old 02-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Wannabe

up9018 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Hello UP1980 I have a solution to your paint problems. Go to your Favorite auto paint store and pick out a color that you like and buy a 1/2 pint of it. Then have them put it in spray cans( Bug Bombs ) for you. This could be done with the clear also and you can get them to pick out comparable product so you don't have any problems after you finish the job. It may be a little expensive but you don't have to but a bunch of equipment. Ed
Good idea, but our local store isn't that great at paint. Might check some of the bigger cities to see.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:12 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

automotive paint from automotive parts stores is a good durable paint..you have to watch some paints are not compatible and some of the clear made by the same company could have been mixed bad at the factory or it could have been frozen at one point and thawed which would explain why it did not fully cure since it could have been loaded with water .i use Tamiya Paint and primer on most of my trucks ..they have some funky cool colours...i also let 24 hrs dry time between coats ,not to step on anybody and their advice with automotive paint because it is very good paint to use but be careful..try to stick to reputible places to get it mixed ..a friend of mine got that done once and whatever they put ion the paint ..it damaged the plastic body of his model ...they put something in the paint to adhere to metal which reacted with his plastic body ruined it ..sorry to be long winded ,whatever you do it will be great ..looking forward to it
Old 02-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Hello UP19018I have a solution to your paint problems. Go to your Favorite auto paint store and pick out a color that you like and buy a 1/2 pint of it. Then have them put it in spray cans( Bug Bombs ) for you. This could be done with the clear also and you can get them to pick out comparable product so you don't have any problems after you finish the job. It may be a little expensive but you don't have to but a bunch of equipment. Ed
Old 02-03-2016, 09:55 PM
Wannabe

up9018 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
you need to read the cans, kyrlon is some funny stuff you cant clear
some colors?? my gloss black fenders krinkled but the hood didn't
after hitting with clear
I will double check the can. It was Krylon clear on Krylon paint, but who knows.