RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Truck Building Tech

Truck Building Tech Covers mechanical and electrical components for truck modeling

Old 07-14-2012, 05:00 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road
Default Re: new scania project-need help with servonaut vs MFC

It depends on your need and choice of equipment, but in general you need at least 4 proportional channels. I would not recommend a wheel radio for big rigs.

Steering: CH 1
M20+ (ESC and lights and 1 servo): CH 2 and 3
SMX (Sound): CH 4

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:49 AM

Petesbuilt is on a distinguished road

Mate Ccsmi in Perth imports servonaut and carson ive just got two from him.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Green Horn

apfubar is on a distinguished road

I simply ordered from doc gear. Not sure how the CMSI prices compare... Eithere way I love the M20 in my DAF.

Cheers,
AP
Old 01-18-2015, 02:04 AM

nolimit1 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys, I'm trying to figure out the Servonaut system myself. I have a Scania R620 with MFU 01 unit, and the flat bed trailer with Tamiya light kit. It's ok , but I just got the Scania R470 and the Reefer trailer and want to make this a no wire from tractor to trailer setup. I also want more lights for the trailer (all wireless)!! So watching many videos, different sites and still having a problem working this one out. I know that the 1 MFU system can't handle what I want to do, and I seen SS Tronix's is a long waiting time for me to order.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:49 AM
Green Horn

gismow is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Let me give you some alternative products, that are also worth it to have a look at.

Servonaut is state of the art, but if you do not need a cruise control have a look at Modellbau-Regler.dehttp://www.Modellbau-Regler.de. I had the chance to test the Truck ESC and it's fantastic for a great price.

Regarding Sound I'd like to introduce the USM-RC-2 module from Beier electronic. It's an absolute fantastic sound module including a complete light management system and they also provide a trailer module with an IR communication.

All my Trucks do have a combination of Servonaut (standard and cruisecontrol) and Beier USM-RC-2 and IR module and I love it.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:11 PM
Green Horn

apfubar is on a distinguished road

I have wired up a ServoNaut AIRU to the mfu, it is a bit of a pain, just due to the size of the mfu wiring. You can buy some connectors for these, which would make life easier.

You can the run anything on the trailer... With the appropriate power etc on the trailer... I have for example controlled the legs, and steering(on different trailers). I have also done the road train option, where things are passed from the front trailer to the rear, via an Air4(I think).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ap