RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:07 AM
Green Horn

buzzy16 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Kinda, sorta broke my leg

So yeah hi guys, as the title says I broke my leg over the weekend so I thought I'd let you all know.
I was riding my quad at a mates place and came off and broke my left leg. Luckily that's all I did (well actually we think I may have hurt some ligaments in my right ankle which makes it hard to get around) .

So I'm on crutches and off work for the next 6 weeks at least so that means no money for that long. Luckily I'm only 18 and still live at home so my parents are looking after me.

But, unfortunately this means I'll basically be on the forum alot but not actually posting anything because at this stage I can't move to far off the couch.

So hopefully I recover well and can get back to saving for some up and coming projects.

Thanks buzzy
Old 05-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kinda, sorta broke my leg

Sorry to hear about your crash. What bone/s did you break? When I was 15 I broke my tib/fib in both legs racing motocross. I didn't even come off of the bike, just jumped way to far and flat landed really hard. I was in a wheelchair for a few weeks because both legs had casts. Not good times... I wish you a speedy recovery!

Reg
Old 05-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Green Horn

Thanks guys, nothing beats tassie rain water

And my foot slipped off of the peg and Dug into the ground and basically pulled me off the bike, well atleast I think that's what happened, it happened ridiculously fast.

The docs said I broke my tib and fractured my fib, so I have 2 pins just above my ankle and 1 just below my knee then a rod between them, but no cast which I guess is good.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hope you heal up soon!
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Kinda, sorta broke my leg

Buzzy, if you have paint or parts that you've been wanting to put on your trucks, now is the perfect time to do it. You have plenty of time, so just ask your folks to bring in a table and one of your trucks, then get to work.

If all else fails, you can always look at the threads here on the club site and post some. It's always good to make conversation with the group. I know the guys (& gals) like when other members make comments about their builds.

Sorry to hear that you got hurt. I've lost a lot of friends to the bikes over the years. Please be careful when you engage in that sport.

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."

Last edited by Radio Control Trucker; 05-09-2013 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Post thought
Old 05-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Green Horn

Thank you guys.

I don't know get some weight on the back of our trucks going down a hill would hurt more than an ankle bump I reckon haha

And yeah it would be a great time for doing stuff like that but I don't think iv got any of that stuff to do unfortunately, my first truck is almost finished at this stage, so next I either want to get a carson lr634 or make a replica of a truck my uncle has, but I haven't decided which to do first.

Thanks buzzy
Old 05-12-2013, 01:06 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

DAYUM!!!! BTDT.. kinda sorta to my pelvis 6yrs ago..., not to scare ya at all, but it was the longest 8weeks of my life... b/c I couldn't get to the quarry in all that time!

..and same thing, quad crash... sliding sideways on ice into something harder than my pelvis

Get well soon & hopefully better karma with the quad in the future too Buzzy.

Joe
Old 05-12-2013, 01:23 AM
Green Horn

Yeah I think your situation would have been worse for you lil giants, to have such a setup like your sitting there for 8 weeks would be terrible.

It will probable be 12 months before I ride again anyway because I have to wait 6 months for the bone to heal properly and then it'll be summer and we don't ride over summer much anyway. The main thing people keep saying is to make sure I get back on the bike which I definantly will.

Thank you buzzy