RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:22 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A New 1/14TH Tamiya Semi?

Just wondering where did the shift arm go? Is it a printing error or did they cancel that part?
Does it exist in the kit? In other kit it has different name.
Just to explain what I am looking for here are three kits that have the part.
Man TGX 26.540 Part # MD 22 Shift arm and MD 14 Threaded rod on page 38 in the manual.
Scania R 470 Part # MD 23 Shift arm and MD 7 Threaded rod on page 34 in the manual.
Scania R 620 Part # MD 22 Shift arm and MD 14 Threaded rod on page 35 in the manual.
Those parts make the gear shift work very well.
Am I Wrong ?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:14 PM
Green Horn

REV73 is on a distinguished road

I guess it's a nice enough truck and all, but personally I think it looks way too much like the Ford Aeromax for my liking, and if they are going to go to all the trouble of providing such a detailed interior, why doesn't Tamiya start including some type of driver figure to go with these kits?? Just my .02 cents.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:59 PM
Green Horn

Trucker Al is on a distinguished road

At 648 MM it is approx. the same length as the Knight Hauler..
Alan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:54 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

It's a sharp looking truck, to such an effect that it looks very accurate and scale. Definitely well patterned after the 1:1 truck, with all the detail it needs to look like an almost exact match, but with that said, I've never been a big fan of 1:1 truck's appearance. Maybe as a fleet looking day cab it would be more my taste? These new aerodynamic trucks don't look all that appealing to me I guess, but I am glad to see Tamiya at least made an American prototype. That's a good start!
Old 03-15-2014, 04:36 AM
Green Horn

REV73 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker Al View Post
At 648 MM it is approx. the same length as the Knight Hauler..
Alan
Sorry, that is actually what I meant to say...
Old 03-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK...Some like the Cascadia, and others do not. Here are some pic's of what the truck could look like, and possibly change some minds of those who do not care for the truck. Have a look.

I had to throw this one in

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!

Last edited by glorydays24; 03-15-2014 at 05:53 PM. Reason: forgot a word
Old 03-15-2014, 11:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays24 View Post
OK...Some like the Cascadia, and others do not. Here are some pic's of what the truck could look like, and possibly change some minds of those who do not care for the truck. Have a look.

I had to throw this one in

Big John
Hey that bumper (UPS) gives it a toothless grin
Cheers, Neil.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:06 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Hey that bumper (UPS) gives it a toothless grin
Cheers, Neil.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 03-16-2014, 01:17 AM
Journeyman

Bigrigger is on a distinguished road

That's a sweet rig! Nice to see not only a new truck, but a new truck that I've seen before! Also the day cab versions of this rig look really nice! And some curvy plastic to make some new cabs out of maybe? Sweet!
Old 03-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I just ordered the new beast, and it will be here between Tuesday and Thursday. I'm like a kid at Christmas.

Big John

Old 03-20-2014, 09:40 PM

Roadmasters is on a distinguished road

I thought the release wasn't until April 15th?

Next East Coast Minitruckers Meet:

Arioch
Old 03-20-2014, 10:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmasters View Post
I thought the release wasn't until April 15th?
Tower Hobbies moved the release date up about a month. I was on their web site today and it's in stock, limited quantities.

Big John

Old 03-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Tamiya Rep

janderson will become famous soon enoughjanderson will become famous soon enough

It has shipped to dist/retailers so it should be going "in Stock" now or soon.

-->

Old 03-28-2014, 04:37 PM

Berman is on a distinguished road

Been available for about two weeks now internationally.

I don't mind it, the bumper doesn't match the huge side skirts though, kind of looks like it's missing a valance or something. Something I would probably custom make if I bought it.

I like the fact that it now fit's the interior, MFC-01, and battery as a factory fitment.

I don't think the front wheels suit it, but that is easily changed.

I love that it's another US truck and a licenced one at that, keep going in this direction Tamiya.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:17 AM
Journeyman

kaptain Jack is on a distinguished road

I just got mine,still shrink wrapped.Will open it soon to pick inside,have two projects on the go and must finish them before diving into new build.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:34 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Well here are a few picks of mine, I still need to decide on a color. I did install the MFU and Tamiya aluminum rims.

Lights on

Lights off

Basicaly it is the same kit but there are some minor detail changes. Silver shock bodies like used on the trailers no more pink. No springs in the shocks, now they use an oring and use them as a friction dampener. They give you two bearings per axle to be used next to the ring gear on each shaft but the rest are all still bushings. They give you two bearings for the trans to be used on each end of the output shaft. They have changed the spring configuration on the shaft for gear shifting. They went from three to four springs with some washers and clips as well. I will say it does seem to shift smoother and faster than the other version. Overall the changes all seem to be improvements.

Like the Knight Hauler this truck comes with parts to install the MFU that do not come with the MFU so save them if you do not install an MFU you may to in the future and you will then have to find them.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 03-31-2014, 12:53 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well Travis you got me wanting to start building mine. But I'm waiting for when I get my wheels from Steve...Oh the anticipation... I'm planning on painting mine champagne gold. I don't know about the frame yet though. Look's like she builds up pretty nice.

Big John

Old 03-31-2014, 08:56 AM
Journeyman

kaptain Jack is on a distinguished road

Right color will certainly do justice to this truck, can't decide my self at the moment,will have to see what choice other people made.
Jack
Old 04-01-2014, 12:07 AM

Berman is on a distinguished road

Looks good, even raw built! The wheel upgrade certainly makes it look much better!

Bearings aren't expensive, come on Tamiya, it's common place with every other manufacturer!

I am meant to be getting a globe to do a k100 for my next rig but this new rig is looking mighty tempting!

If I am struggling for a colour I google image search the rig to get ideas rolling, (although this truck doesn't have too many colour options come up) if I get one it will be either white or pearl white