RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:57 PM

Surftrucker is on a distinguished road
Default Hi All from Cork, Ireland

I’ve been making models of some nature since I was old enough to hold a hammer and a chisel (slightly earlier than I was allowed though). This along with growing up on an island for 3 months every year meant that boats were the main interest, size and type being dependant on the size of block of timber you could get your hands on. All were carved back then – no glue available!
Winter modelling was model train focused, though this was mostly just playing with them!
The arrival of a 2ch Futaba radio started a new era in boat building in my early 20s. These were all scratch built from my own plans, T-square and pencil! Drive was from car fan motor and a lead acid motor cycle battery. Great fun. Must scan some pics to show.
Sold those, bought the engagement ring and like most had to take a break from model activities with the arrival of children and bills. I did manage to build a stock Tamiya Scania on the kitchen table 9 years ago and have been fascinated by the hobby ever since. Now I find I get frustrated from having loads of plans but little time or money to implement.
Now I need some advice so I’ve come to the home of the experts. I must say the work displayed here is amazing and a credit to all those who not alone put in that effort but also take the time to publish it here. Hats off folks….well done.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hi All from Cork, Ireland

Welcome aboard.

We'd love to see some pics of the boats and truck when you get time.