RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 09-02-2014, 12:37 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP Compound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo View Post
Woah Reg you have been busy! Winter (yarder building season) will be here soon enough

hmm.....
Haha, you never know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Instead of a crankshaft, how about a vibrating screen with a counterweight on the motor, motor secured to the screen & screen resting on springs? I've been doing it this way for yrs. It's virtually as noisy, but a lot less moving parts & metal fatigue.

My future stationary screener will be a lot like Lou's trommel, now that I have finally sourced a perfect conveyer belt material. Very quiet & a lot less dust & debris flying around.
Yes Lou's trommel is the ticket! We were using it on Saturday at a show and you can run it all day without even knowing it's turned on. I plan to build one eventually and if I make any conveyors for this contraption I will build them with the intention of using them later on the trommel. This was just a thrown together piece so I don't really have high hopes for it. I agree that using a counterweight would be more effective than the crankshaft idea. I would think you could mount the motor vertically and it would make less noise but what do I know.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Green Horn

Goose19 is on a distinguished road

I happen to like the Kubota diesel sound from this screener. Call it a selling feature. I am curious to see powder coat options. Mahogany and want maybe?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:32 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Wow I hope my Kubota never sounds as bad as this screener does! Maybe I should replace the plywood pieces with Oak or Teak. That way it would varnish up nicely.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Green Horn

apfubar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Instead of a crankshaft, how about a vibrating screen with a counterweight on the motor, motor secured to the screen & screen resting on springs? I've been doing it this way for yrs. It's virtually as noisy, but a lot less moving parts & metal fatigue. ...
The mfu has a vibration unit, which would work nicely... It's a counterweighted motor with a cover... Secure it to the screen, power it up and you're done,

Cheers,
Ap
Old 09-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

I haven't tried it to say for sure but the reason I think it won't work is it will shake empty but how well it would shake once you dump material on the screen. I don't think it will shake strong enough?..... Hmmm, maybe 2 of them with different weights for a good shake? Might have to try that this weekend
Old 09-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I think it would depend on a couple of factors, 1 is the material very dry or wet, and 2 how much or how little material you dump on the deck at once? I think the vibrator idea has it's uses() but I like the mechanical shaker because it will always shake no matter what. That's not to say that the material will pour through it though as the points above still apply they just won't stall it out. If time any money spent were no objects then I would build a trommel.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Sing it with me Reg ! ....... " if I had a million dollars, I'd buy ...."
Old 09-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Sing it with me Reg ! ....... " if I had a million dollars, I'd buy ...."
Bahaha! No doubt!
Old 09-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

I have been finding myself living a episode of junkyard wars!!! Trying to find pieces and parts because I'm a cheap redneck!! I do believe if I had a million dollars I would still be sifting through scrap piles, just would be bigger piles!!!! Lol!!! This is all good because you guys are getting the bugs worked out for me!! I'll be able to start my project with some confidence in it working first time!! Lol!!! And our one mower has a 30hp kubota motor, it does have a little bit of rattle knocking sound. Always thought something was about to let loose, been thinking that for about 4-5 years now . Ain't like a cat puring that's for sure . Looking good and keep it going!!
Old 09-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I agree! Even if I won the lotto I would still probably never buy a kit machine or any really fancy parts. I am a builder and a hoarder so I would spend my dough on more shop machinery and hoard that much more stuff. I find myself looking at my materials now and not wanting to use certain pieces even though they would be perfect for the job just so that I can save them for later. I think that I would do the same even if I were rich. I'm a weirdo what can I say...
Old 09-04-2014, 12:25 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Rate of decent is important when using a vibrator on the screen. I never measured mine, but I hazard a guess to say 15 degrees +, depends on how dry the material is. The wetter it is - the steeper the decent.

I have screened several yards with this one over the yrs. It's a 12v 380 motor, the output shaft is about 1/16th, the counter weight is 4mm rod coupler from Mecanno with a 8mm length bolt screwed into the collar to secure it to the shaft. I think the motor's rpm is about 11 000. The motor disintegrates eventually, but each one does last a long time.
http://youtu.be/15xwKUVjyBw

Joe
Old 10-03-2014, 08:34 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

A couple of days back my milling machine died bringing every project in my shop the a halt. Needless to say that has not put me in a good mood so yesterday when Chaseracer(Jason) called at lunchtime to say he was off work early and coming out for a visit, I was stoked! After an hour or so of discussing future projects and so on we decided to move a little dirt to level up the "work site". This was Jason's first time hauling dirt in the converted Bruder pup that we put together and I have to say it worked pretty well for the effort we put in to make it function. It was a lot of fun for me to have someone else there working in the dirt pile. Hopefully next time we can start working on some more specific details around the pit but for now this was great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj68...tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm7n...tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prsg...tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dLg...tJ-DusnO8Onw7A

Old 10-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

RCP57-very nice equipment you have there!! That excavator looks like a 50 yard machine next to those trucks. Nice work!!
Old 10-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Green Horn

chaseracer is on a distinguished road

That was fun Reg thanks for having me out .. More work next time ..and good to just get out of house
Old 11-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

We've had some fairly good wind storms here over the last few weeks and it's caused the cedar trees to drop a lot of small, dead branches all over the place. This last week has been cold and dry here but it's about to change so yesterday I borrowed my parents leaf blower to blast all the crap off the roofs and out of the gutters before the rain comes. Once I was doing it, I realized how much there was all over the yard so today was "fire day" to clean it all up. Of course what started as a small project turned into two machine piled fires in two different parts of the yard(they're still ripping and I need to go stoke them again), some clearing with my mini excavator, and of course some RC time. When I first started with the excavator my intention was only to move a couple of rotten pieces of wood and flatted out a small lump of dirt. The next thing I knew I was knocking over small trees and making bigger fires!lol Once the major work was done I decided to bring out the Tigercat for a test of it's new rear drive motor. I am impressed with it's increased power and can't wait for the second motor to arrive!

http://youtu.be/bdA96reUWM0
http://youtu.be/YeqqmhM3ELw
http://youtu.be/OtdbKS9uCO0
I'm pretty proud of my machine operating skills in this one!
http://youtu.be/kmlL_ofnaS0

Thanks for looking!
Old 11-23-2014, 04:10 PM
Green Horn

chaseracer is on a distinguished road

Looks fun
Old 12-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well it's getting to be that time of year at the RCP Compound...
http://youtu.be/V1fXVBCRw0U
Old 12-09-2014, 06:09 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

thats to funny!! i forgot that she is larger then a king
Old 12-09-2014, 06:53 AM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

That's great I want to see after Christmas when you roll them up . My daughter said hit rewind ! Are you going to use your shovel to push the rebar in ? Mike
Old 01-02-2015, 11:57 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: RCP Compound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Build it and they will come!

I know it's hard to find fellow 1/10th scale buddies but the compound will keep you busy and if friends visit I'm sure you'll let them help operate equipment for ya

I'm glad your doing this Reg. With your talent and imagination, can't wait to see what you create.

Mario
hehe if you take joe's idea and run 2 1/14 scale trucks almostas good