RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:46 AM

Erick O is on a distinguished road
Default Screw Drive

I'm looking for a Screw Drive can someone please give me some ideas where to get one the will would work I'm working on a full function Landoll Trailer I haven't seen anything like it done but I thought it would be cool.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:41 PM

alphaeditor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Screw Drive

I am in the loooong process of building on as well. Been working on it off and on for about 2 years. All is done except paint, and reworking the screw drive I started with. I used threaded rod and a nut on the axle carriage, but it takes forever to wind it up and down. I used the same on the lifting 5th wheel plate (for tilt), and it needed the reduction to lift any serious weight so the threaded rod will stay there. I am looking into long linear servos, doubled with an intermediate carriage now. So one servo would connect to the carriage and the frame, the other servo would connect the carriage to the axle dolly. It works as it is now really well, just takes forrrrever to wind the axle carriage up... You might look at a linear servo or long drill bit (some people have used them as jack screw/piston for the dump bodies out there) I might go drill bit, but I am more interested in where linear servos are going, especially as they are getting longer and smaller...
Old 06-25-2013, 07:10 PM

Erick O is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Screw Drive

We should talk some time and bounce ideas around I have a guy that can laser cut them for me out of steel or aluminum.