RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Orange Pete

The tires and rims are just temporary till the new ones get here. All I can say is wait and see because this truck will have a lot of different stuff you have not seen before. Just think of it as a small truck with a large car attitude.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 01-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
The tires and rims are just temporary till the new ones get here. All I can say is wait and see because this truck will have a lot of different stuff you have not seen before. Just think of it as a small truck with a large car attitude.

Travis
That's how I like to think of you biddlestix.
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 01-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Stepside will become famous soon enough

Looking like a great start!

What tires are those on the rear? and your not going to use them? LMK if you looking to unload 'em!

keep those pics comin!

P.S. Thanks for the props on the visor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snochaser View Post
That's how I like to think of you biddlestix.
Thanks Ben I am just trying to come up with something a little different for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepside View Post
Looking like a great start!

What tires are those on the rear? and your not going to use them? LMK if you looking to unload 'em!

keep those pics comin!

P.S. Thanks for the props on the visor
Your welcome Rod and those are the Carson cross force tires. They are for another build but I am using them till I get the RC4WD Roady's I ordered.

Travis

Old 01-18-2012, 04:14 AM

gungunhl is on a distinguished road

Hi Travis,

that looks very nice.

I like these fenders and the bumper. I think its a little bit special than the standard. How did you make them. Maybe you got some pics.
I think about change my fenders like this.

Günther from Germany
Old 01-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Orange Pete

It's like all the individual parts where made together, with each other in mind. I think it's a very strange coincidence that they all happen to flow so perfectly together like that. The fenders and bumper are exactly the same width and the curve of the arch from the fender through the bumper is perfect. Destiny is begging you to build this, to do something new and different.

How many "traditional" ordinary builds have you done to date? I'd say a few, so go for it, it will be amazing in the end, with all the bells, whistles and paint and you can say you broke trends, traditions and taboos and came up with a new style, a heavier, more flowing, almost racing look. Be a sheppard and not a sheep. Heheeee
Old 01-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungunhl View Post
Hi Travis,

that looks very nice.

I like these fenders and the bumper. I think its a little bit special than the standard. How did you make them. Maybe you got some pics.
I think about change my fenders like this.

Günther from Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
It's like all the individual parts where made together, with each other in mind. I think it's a very strange coincidence that they all happen to flow so perfectly together like that. The fenders and bumper are exactly the same width and the curve of the arch from the fender through the bumper is perfect. Destiny is begging you to build this, to do something new and different.

How many "traditional" ordinary builds have you done to date? I'd say a few, so go for it, it will be amazing in the end, with all the bells, whistles and paint and you can say you broke trends, traditions and taboos and came up with a new style, a heavier, more flowing, almost racing look. Be a sheppard and not a sheep. Heheeee
Thanks guys it is not really much of a coincidence that the fenders and bumper all line up with the same curves and lines. The fenders are modified King hauler fenders. First I took two sets of King fenders and side panels and put them through the table saw and cut off the out side half inch and glued the four pieces together to make two ( a left and right and a left and right) then I cut off the left over wedge section from a left and right and glued them on the opposing fenders so they would stay strait with the taper of the hood. When I glued the two halves of the fenders together it left a bead all the way around the fender and I used the inside bead to line up the wedge piece to keep the arch of the fender. and the bumper was cut to fit a stock King hauler.

Travis

Old 01-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Green Horn

heavy_duty is on a distinguished road

looks good man.No doubt this will be cool when done.

Ed
Old 01-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Out of control

Here are some update pics and the pics were taken with my phone so there not the best.

Thanks for looking.
Travis

Old 01-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road

Yes it is started to take shape now with the back fenders! in my opinion it makes the front bumper flow alot better and screams OUT LAW!! THE LINES LOOK GOOD TO ME NOW Just my 2 cents

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:58 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

It looks just plain mean!!
Old 01-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Out of control

Thanks guys I can't wait to get some more parts. I went today and got the paint for it. I chose Viper Orange and the only thing I have not made my mind up on yet is to paint the frame black or paint it the same color as the cab. I am thinking with how short the truck is and having most of the frame covered with deck plate, fenders, and tanks I will be waisting my time. I did buy enough paint to do the frame if I decide to do it.

Travis

Old 01-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Very nice the bumper does look to flow better now with the fenders.

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Old 01-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

" I can't wait to get some more parts "

next week sometime other wise lookin better

Old 01-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Out of control

Thanks now how do you know I was referring to you Steve. I am waiting on some other vendors parts as well.

Travis

Old 01-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Thanks now how do you know I was referring to you Steve. I am waiting on some other vendors parts as well.

Travis
intuition not only that I need more space on my bench scince I may have my other mill running in a month or 2 . So that shelf will need to be cleared

Old 01-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
intuition not only that I need more space on my bench scince I may have my other mill running in a month or 2 . So that shelf will need to be cleared
Heck my current order should clear off half your bench when it ships.

Travis

Old 01-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Green Horn

Bsorenson79 is on a distinguished road

I'm liken the wheel base! It looks mean! It's nice to see a shorter wheel base for a change. Just curious what brand paint do you plan on using?
Old 01-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Wow. I can't believe it, but I started off not really feeling to crazy about the look of your truck, but after seeing one of Brian's grilles on the front, the visor, and rear fenders, it's growing on me. The front grille really pulls it together, and makes a world of difference. I think what does it for me, is the bumper is still flush with the grille, for the most part. I like that better. The 'step' is still visible, in front of the fenders, but hey, I'll just watch and see how that fills out. Lights are probably going to pull that together nicely.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:08 AM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

I really like it Travis!! This is my favorite truck build of yours by far, I really hope the paint pulls it together even tighter. It's not "your" typical build you see on here, really looks good. IMO. I'd proudly own it.

Ben
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343