RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 12-22-2016, 11:30 PM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough
Default Forums V FaceBook

This is my b@@ch,
There is a etiquet on forums where poeple post all of there build photos in the one thread and use there brain...
People that are on facebook dont have the etiquet ( or brains or are just lazy ) and need to start a new post every time they have new updates of there build instead of typing there name into the search bar thats on the right of the groups page to find there OP thread they first started and continue it....( NOTE > if you continue a OP post every new post will bring it to the top of the groups page )
Then there are the dump questions > what color do I paint my truck, where can I find this or that part, and the list goes on.......
The there are the people that dump there crap on FB groups, spam multiple pages with the same stuff they posted earlier on other pages, when selling something instead of cleaning it they leave it filthy covered in dirt / dust, and they think they will get the same price for a second hand rig as a brand new kit........
When people post the FS posts on Forums there they are nice and clean and you can usual find a build thread and plenty of photos on it....
There was a time when people google first to try and find there answers they were after and used there brains, the same for coming up with there own paint schemes instead of getting others to do the work for them....
And I wonder how many have actually been on forums and learnt posting etiquet, and wonder what they did before FB was the new thing and become lasy @@@@@..........
And why I will always read forums as they are more interesting and informative and you can keep track of all the discusions that get lost in a day or two on FB................

Cheers Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:49 AM

ditchdigger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Forums V FaceBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossett View Post
wonder what they did before FB was the new thing and become lasy

Cheers Tracy
They posted on forums .... back in the days of the garden there were many such posters daily who would ask questions in the very same thread where a Q & A had already been posted a couple of postings earlier, just b/c they couldn't be bothered to read anything beforehand --> the me 1st crowd has moved on to other media sources, Allelluia!!!!
Old 12-23-2016, 01:52 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Those people you complain about were once the noobs that either got schooled by the forums / bbs and grew out of it, or they got run out of the forums for sucking. Forums were more rough back then, and stupid hurt. On rc crawler, they'd throw your posts back to Noob General for doing that, the non-rc forums could get much worse about it. Read a lot, post a little.

I just don't like facebook, and want nothing to do with it. If we didn't have forums, i'd just go dark and just play with my toys, not document it, and not go look at yours.

Drop a couple words about my build if you deem it worthy, if it's not worthy i should step up my game or ask for help.
The 'like button' is the stupidest concept ever. It's part of the everybody gets a trophy line of thinking. We'll all go get ice cream, but sprinkles are for winners.

{/old man yelling at clouds}
Old 12-23-2016, 04:54 PM
Green Horn

crisis time is on a distinguished road

Could not agree more Tracy

I love the forums they are full of a like minded group of true enthusiasts
not a bunch of morons like most on faceplant who just want to post crap pictures of what they had for dinner.
You can always find what you want on a forum but if for some reason you cant there will be somebody there to point you in the right direction.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Never been on Facebook, probably never will.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Facebook is great in a lot of ways but it's also a jumbled up mess IMO. I had never been on it nor had I any desire to be until this year. I still don't want to be but I had to. For me trying to expand RCP's and make it a success I had to go on there. I have had many great customers come from this forum but unfortunately there are only so many people here looking for my work. Facebook has brought me a bigger audience but it has also brought on a lot of tire kickers which requires me to spend many more hours in front of the keyboard answering questions. Most often it turns into wasted time but how do you know unless you reply? I have gained a few jobs but the bulk of my work this year has still come from the good old folks at RCT&C so thank you! I have found that most of the RCT&C crowd is also on Facebook which is nice but I still think the forum is the best for finding info and retaining it. You will get a ton of opinions and info on Facebook but tomorrow when you go to look back on it, where did they go?lol At least here stuff is easy to search.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:30 PM

wingnut163 is on a distinguished road

garden trucking, wow have not heard that one in a long time.

face book,, no way no how!

skip
Old 07-08-2017, 12:11 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

My problem with the fourm is now photobucket wants me to pay 399.00 a year so you can see my pictures on here. That's not going to happen so now all my threads are no good and if I go to another sharing sight I have to go back the all my threads and redo pick's and that's not going to happen so now years of builds are lost it stinks.

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Old 07-08-2017, 12:40 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
My problem with the fourm is now photobucket wants me to pay 399.00 a year so you can see my pictures on here. That's not going to happen so now all my threads are no good and if I go to another sharing sight I have to go back the all my threads and redo pick's and that's not going to happen so now years of builds are lost it stinks.
Yeah I just had to pay the annual fee with photobucket for the storage I use. I was paying $30 per year on auto renew. This year it wouldn't auto renew for some reason and after several attempts to contact a human I learned that I had to basically cancel my payment plan and start over because now it's $40 per year. My experience with Photobucket has been poor. I tried to upload pictures today and it kept logging me out. This is the only place I need photobucket for as every other place on the planet allows you to directly upload photos. I love this place but there is a reason why hardly anyone posts here anymore. The site desperately needs an upgrade so that it can host pictures. I would much rather give my $40 to RCT&C than photo-bucket. I've talked to many members and everyone agrees that it's a pain so no one posts. There's got to be a way to bring this place from 2010 to 2017. Somebody save this place!!!!
Old 07-08-2017, 06:55 AM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

I Agee Reg please fix it so we can post simply
Old 07-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
I Agee Reg please fix it so we can post simply
Reg can't fix it here.

Yes I am glad Tamiya Club hosts there own now costs 25 a year to do it. This move by Photo bucket and the other one is not good for pages.

The 40 a year won't fix my problem do to the amount of pages my picks are on I have to do the 400 yearly for the bandwidth it's telling me.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It's up to the mods around here to change things. Hoping they upgrade even if it costs us vendors a bit more money. Photobucket is a joke to use and now they jacked up their prices. If they go up anymore, the 3300 photos I have linked to this site will go bye bye. If everyone here does the same thing then there is no need for this forum. Sad but true.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I deleted my photo bucket account, all of my photos are gone and I don't have files of most of them. I'm not very active on the forums anymore, nobody is. Not much fun anymore when there is nothing new to see, so why keep paying for a photo bucket account.

The moderators might as well delete all of my threads as there is no photos in them anymore.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:09 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

I only used .9 GB of the 10 allowed on a free account from Photobucket but the cost of posting to a 3rd party is insane. I closed the account. This was the only place I posted pics besides Facebook. It is sad for the forum it was a great place. I pretty much use it for truck meet info and keep up with those I haven't found on FB.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:40 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Yeah I just had to pay the annual fee with photobucket for the storage I use. I was paying $30 per year on auto renew. This year it wouldn't auto renew for some reason and after several attempts to contact a human I learned that I had to basically cancel my payment plan and start over because now it's $40 per year. My experience with Photobucket has been poor. I tried to upload pictures today and it kept logging me out. This is the only place I need photobucket for as every other place on the planet allows you to directly upload photos. I love this place but there is a reason why hardly anyone posts here anymore. The site desperately needs an upgrade so that it can host pictures. I would much rather give my $40 to RCT&C than photo-bucket. I've talked to many members and everyone agrees that it's a pain so no one posts. There's got to be a way to bring this place from 2010 to 2017. Somebody save this place!!!!

Its just not as simple and cheap as you think. The way the forum was set up makes things realy complicated. I for one wish there was a simple solution.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 07-10-2017, 03:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Its just not as simple and cheap as you think. The way the forum was set up makes things realy complicated. I for one wish there was a simple solution.
I'm sure it's not Travis. What type of money are we talking? Do you have an estimated idea? Is it possible for some of us to contribute more and make it happen? The Heavy equipment forum hosts pictures somehow and has some adds on the site but they are not pop ups and are not annoying at all. I realize that it is a huge forum compared to this but is it possible to bring in some add revenue to make enough money for an upgrade? I'm just curious as to what might be possible to save this place for those of us that love it before it's too late. This has been my favorite place to browse on the net since 2011 so I don't want it to go away!
Old 07-10-2017, 05:09 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

There is a railroad site I attend and they have a $12 subscription fee . I would as a civilian not manufacture
Old 07-10-2017, 07:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I am not a Facebook guy, never been on there, not sure if I ever will but couldn't RC Truck and Construction start a Facebook page where the members could go and post pics and threads? One of the other forums I visit did that but I have never seen their FB page so I can't say what it is like.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
I am not a Facebook guy, never been on there, not sure if I ever will but couldn't RC Truck and Construction start a Facebook page where the members could go and post pics and threads? One of the other forums I visit did that but I have never seen their FB page so I can't say what it is like.

Its already there.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
Its already there.
Ok. So this place is really not needed anymore.