RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Electronics tech

Electronics tech Anything to do with the electronics in a model. Lights, Radio, ESC, Servo, Basic electrical.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Can I make a 5ch radio?

So, I have a Tactic TTX404 4ch radio which came with a 6ch receiver. My dump truck lacks a ch for gearshift. I see a toggle switch on the radio which does nothing. Is it possible to use this switch to run one of the additional ch on the receiver ?
Old 04-14-2014, 10:17 PM

Backlash is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Can I make a 5ch radio?

Mario,

It all depends on the transmitter, or more so, the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) in the transmitter as to if it has the circuitry there to allow the extra channels..

I have a Futaba T4YF transmitter, and it does appear to have the circuitry on the transmitters PCB to enable the use of a 5th channel.. (I need to test this further though)

Sorry, I cant help you with the Tactic unit.. I suppose you could remove the back cover from the transmitter and have a look..
Old 04-14-2014, 10:38 PM

CG Bob is on a distinguished road

The switch that does nothing is actually the wireless trainer switch. It is covered in the instruction manual - page 6 of the online version.

Quote:
The TTX404 Tx includes a built-in wireless trainer function – no trainer cable required! This trainer system connects a teacher’s Tactic Tx to a student’s Tactic Tx by wireless connection. Tactic’s wireless trainer function is not compatible with trainer systems in any other brand radios.
You could ask Hobbico/Tactic to convert the trainer switch to a fifth channel.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlash View Post
Mario,

It all depends on the transmitter, or more so, the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) in the transmitter as to if it has the circuitry there to allow the extra channels..

I have a Futaba T4YF transmitter, and it does appear to have the circuitry on the transmitters PCB to enable the use of a 5th channel.. (I need to test this further though)

Sorry, I cant help you with the Tactic unit.. I suppose you could remove the back cover from the transmitter and have a look..
Thanks backlash. I checked the board but seems very basic and I don't see any extra circuitry that has nothing connected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG Bob View Post
The switch that does nothing is actually the wireless trainer switch. It is covered in the instruction manual - page 6 of the online version.

You could ask Hobbico/Tactic to convert the trainer switch to a fifth channel.
After thinking about it, I realize I'm better off leaving the 4ch alone, put it back in the rock crawler it came out of and just go buy a new 6ch radio for the dump truck! Just me being cheap again.....

Thanks again for the info!

Mario