RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:44 PM

TonyB is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Premacon 960 SME Down Under

To all that are active in the RC Construction,
I have made a facebook page , closed group.
There's only 7 members. But we all have amazing models.
It's called.. Brisbane 1/14 RC construction. Google it. U will find it.
Must post pics and be active please.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:46 PM

ptebbe is on a distinguished road

Wow! really great models. I'm happy to see that because I ordered a 944 from Premacon back in April....might ship in February per Yvonne. I debated back and forth between the 944 and one of the larger models.
I ordered the same colors....gray & white....looks fabulous!
I decided to try the Servonaut HS12 radio, but I had to order from GearDoctor because Premacon doesn't sell it (yet.) I think it will be a good match and has a pretty detailed manual available in English. Brixl I think, does not. (although the Brixl in-model display is too cool!)

Question for those of you in the USA....Yvonne told me I HAD to run oil specified as HLP-22. I cannot find a supplier that will sell it in less than a 5 gallon drum (for $200.) What oil are guys running and from what supplier?
thanks!
Keep the info coming. The wait is long but it keeps me going.
Paul
Old 12-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road

Hi Paul,
I am running Shell tellus s-22 in my xl4200, dump truck and Loader. I just bought the 5 gallon, and I am sure i will use alot of it because I change it alot. I think the distributer is F+L patrolium.

David
Old 12-18-2015, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
advanced assembled 960 SME, hydraulic quick hitch, special color, light kit, scale package and wide bucket with steel teeth, grapple.

Thank's bud, i will be contacting you, here is my email.
bigo326@live.com
Hi David.mnice mate u got a great machine as well, yes u should of got the sound module. Has a horn etc included.

Yes be great to hear from you.
We can swap ideas. Paul .. . who started this thread is there as well, he has a lot on info. On the Premacon excavator
Facebook. Brisbane 1/14 RC construction.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptebbe View Post
Wow! really great models. I'm happy to see that because I ordered a 944 from Premacon back in April....might ship in February per Yvonne. I debated back and forth between the 944 and one of the larger models.
I decided to try the Servonaut HS12 radio, but I had to order from GearDoctor because Premacon doesn't sell it (yet.) I think it will be a good match and has a pretty detailed manual available in English. Brixl I think, does not. (although the Brixl in-model display is too cool!)

Question for those of you in the USA....Yvonne told me I HAD to run oil specified as HLP-22. I cannot find a supplier that will sell it in less than a 5 gallon drum (for $200.) What oil are guys running and from what supplier?
thanks!
Paul
That's fantastic Paul nice machine, and will be interesting who the Sevonaut HS12 goes, looks very nice, good question, as I was wondering about the oil, as to of o can get the Hydraulic oil here in Australia, I am using Hydraulic Jack oil for my RC Bulldozer that works a treat.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Premacon 960 vs 944 vs 944 Demo

Thanks for the info.

Can anyone compare the 956/960 to the 944 basic and the 944 Demo?
I know the 956/960 are really larage and heavy, and I really don't think I want one that big. I mainly want to dig and be able to attach different shovels and the grapple. No desire to attach the long Demo arm. I was told that the Demo is heavier and the tracks are both wider and longer. Are there any other differences? Any other reason I should reconsider and order the Demo version instead of the 944 "Basic option"?
thanks
Paul
Old 12-20-2015, 02:22 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

The 944 Demo is a speciality machine set up for use of the demolition arm, and comes with a backhoe attachment as well ('to reduce downtime when there are no demolition tasks' ). It has a bigger and heavier undercarriage for more stability while working with the demolition attachment, which naturally is a plus when only using the backhoe equipment too. I guess this machine is more of an 'german spesiality' when it comes to RC models and not that many are sold compared to the standard excavators.
The 944 basic has a undercarriage matching it's backhoe attachment, and will 'do the job') If on wish a larger capacity machine, then there are the 956/960's. They had up to recent years only the 944 in the product line, which is a 'small' model. A demand grew for larger machines, so the 956/960 was developed (The 956/960 I would guess are about the size of the rc4wd xl4200, without any further comparison, while the 944 is a smaller machine)

Last edited by Rimrock; 12-20-2015 at 02:34 AM.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Wannabe

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

Can anyone compare the 956/960 to the 944 basic and the 944 Demo?
I know the 956/960 are really larage and heavy, and I really don't think I want one that big. I mainly want to dig and be able to attach different shovels and the grapple. No desire to attach the long Demo arm. I was told that the Demo is heavier and the tracks are both wider and longer. Are there any other differences? Any other reason I should reconsider and order the Demo version instead of the 944 "Basic option"?
thanks
Paul
I ordered the 960 because weight is very important especially when digging in dirt.
The 960 is almost 50 lbs 22kg, the xl4200 is probably half that weight,

David
Old 12-20-2015, 07:35 PM
Wannabe

My XL4200 easily pulls itself accross the groung while digging, and you need to keep the bucket teeth just skimming the top of the dirt.

weight is very important
Old 12-21-2015, 07:33 AM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
I ordered the 960 because weight is very important especially when digging in dirt.
The 960 is almost 50 lbs 22kg, the xl4200 is probably half that weight,

David
Great choice, that's a really fine machine (and even a bit heavier than you mention I guess) One need the correct relation between weight, size of bucket and power, that's the general idea. The high end models follows that idea quite well, no matter size. Oh, in the case of xl4200, I must correct you a bit, it's more like 40-45 lbs, it's got the stability and weight IMO, but struggle with other issues.

Last edited by Rimrock; 12-21-2015 at 07:37 AM.
Old 12-27-2015, 04:41 AM
Aussie Fabricator

titandigs is on a distinguished road

Quote:

thanks!
Paul
Hi Paul,
I am in Australia and the HLP-22 was a bit hard to find as its not the standard hydraulic oil. I also had to buy 20ltrs, think of how much this model has cost and the recommendation of what to run. $200 compared to what it may cost to fix up the problems for running the wrong oil. The thicker the oil the slower the machine will run and the pump will need to work harder to pump the thicker oil.
My 960 runs like a Swiss watch with the HLP-22
Just my 2 cents
Cheers Paul
Old 12-30-2015, 10:47 PM
Wannabe

Paul, (Titandigs), is right. I am going to research and find out if my oil is acceptable or not, it's a very expensive machine.

David
Old 12-31-2015, 03:52 AM
Wannabe

If not having the grade 22 oil at hand, it's better to chose a ticker variant, like grade 32 which is more common and can be bought in small containers. (There might be some mechanical shops / industry in your local area that purchase the GLP22 in barrels and other big containers, that might let you buy some small quantity if one check around)
One should naturally in general follow Premacon, and other suppliers, advice when it comes to oil grade, but on a scale model with industrial standard hardened steel pump and valves there should be no big reason to have sleepless nights if operating with a thicker oil for a periode, IMO.

The fabricator of the pump that Premacon, and some others use, Jung, actually give grade 46 as the standard in the data sheets, which is one of the most common used grades in the 1:1 life. I would think that due to the small channels in valves and pipes/hoses used in scale modelling, on have to compromise and choose lighter oils in order to get a better fluid flow and reduce power consummation. Maybe an issue here is the risk of wearing out the pump motor, rather than ruin any of the hydraulic components, when using a thicker oil, and less motor wear with the thinner oil.
Someone should ask Premacon what could go wrong if not going for the grade 22)

Last edited by Rimrock; 12-31-2015 at 04:03 AM.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:48 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

I use Cat hydraulic oil in my Jung pump with no problems it is a thin oil. Ed
Old 12-31-2015, 06:24 PM

I think that the lower viscosity oil flows easier thru a model's smaller hoses and connectors and therefore works the pump less and also increases efficiency. Longevity of the pump might also be affected.
As far as warrantee, Premacon might also only honor the pump warrantee if you're using the correct oil as per the manufacturer's recommendations, in my case 22 wt oil. (Specifically for the 944 model....the 956 or 960 might use different oil if the pump is different, and I think it is.)
For those in the USA, RC4WD now sells 15 and 22 weight "anti-wear" hydraulic oils in 16oz containers. Expensive, but better than paying for a 5 gallon drum.
Paul
Old 12-31-2015, 08:21 PM
Aussie Fabricator

Quote:
I think that the lower viscosity oil flows easier thru a model's smaller hoses and connectors and therefore works the pump less and also increases efficiency. Longevity of the pump might also be affected.
As far as warrantee, Premacon might also only honor the pump warrantee if you're using the correct oil as per the manufacturer's recommendations, in my case 22 wt oil. (Specifically for the 944 model....the 956 or 960 might use different oil if the pump is different, and I think it is.)
For those in the USA, RC4WD now sells 15 and 22 weight "anti-wear" hydraulic oils in 16oz containers. Expensive, but better than paying for a 5 gallon drum.
Paul
I agree, with the flow and pump efficiency comments.
I look at it this way, I spend 38 Euros ($50 plus shipping from Germany say $75 total) for a Pistonking flashing led beacon. It does nothing but add Sh*^#!t and glitter, on the other hand the oil for a bit more brings this machine to life.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:06 PM
Green Horn

avel is on a distinguished road

I don't have a Premacon machine or a Jung pump, but I have a LR634 with Leimbach hydraulics. After the the included oil almost ran out i switched to some 32w oil and it seemed like it had waaaayyyy more power. So much so that I could of stayed with a 2S battery instead of a 3S. I limited the pump a whole bunch in the radio settings. As for the pump working harder, I have a fan blowing over it to keep it nice and cool.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:35 AM
Aussie Fabricator

Had a small meeting yesterday and got it out for run.
https://youtu.be/LFWctFwpbSo
Old 01-07-2016, 12:06 AM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by titandigs View Post
Had a small meeting yesterday and got it out for run.
https://youtu.be/LFWctFwpbSo
Is that your Wedico Paul? One of these dumpers, not sure if it will be Wedico or Premacon is what will be my next buy.

David
Old 01-07-2016, 02:01 AM

dozerbuilder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
To all that are active in the RC Construction,
I have made a facebook page , closed group.
There's only 7 members. But we all have amazing models.
It's called.. Brisbane 1/14 RC construction. Google it. U will find it.
Must post pics and be active please.
Well, I live in Brisbane and I'm building a 1/16th dozer with tilt blade and 4x barrel ripper and RC construction is my hobby. I'd be interested in connecting up with the group locally but I see it's 1/14th scale - does that count other scale builds out? The other thing is I don't do facebook, twitter alibaba and all that, I don't have the time for a social media lifestyle and with the exception of RT&C - my spare time is devoted to making my RC model and any web time I do have spare, goes right here to RT&C. Are you planning on doing anything on the ground locally like getting a boots on the ground group going, RC construction field days or anything, or is it gonna be just a facebook thingy.