RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks

Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks This forum is for those multiple axle trucks and other vehicles on and off road.

Old 08-12-2016, 05:58 AM

Billdit is on a distinguished road
Default Cross-RC UC6 tank hauler

Hi,
I wanted to share my latest project which is all finished bar some wiring. I started this because I bought an all metal tank and didn't want to carry it to a location where I could use it.
My idea was to make a trailer that could be pulled offroad by a truck with a fith wheel coupling, so an offroad truck was required. I already had a 1/12th Cross-RC UC6 truck which was the wrong scale I know, but would be up to the job of pulling a weighty tank and trailer.

With regards to the truck, I basically removed the bed with the seating etc. extended the wheel base, added a extension transfer case for the drive shafts and installed a metal fifth wheel coupling. I made a new bed to carry the battery box and a couple of barrels and a crate to house a smoke unit.

The trailer is homemade, so not perfect but does the job.
Here's a photo of the completed setup taken last Sunday. I'll share more photos of the trailer build later if you'd like to see them.
The truck I'll do a seperate thread for to show the conversion.
Thanks for watching.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:42 AM

Default Re: Cross-RC UC6 tank hauler

I've moved this thread to Military vehicles, Admin feel free to delete this thread from this section. Thanks.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:53 PM
Apprentice

TheBennyB is on a distinguished road

Awesome truck and trailer! follow any of the tank forums? I too had to make a recovery vehicle. Used a Tammy King Hauler and modified a bruder trailer to widen it and have remote ramps. Think your next project should be a M26 Dragon Wagon..he he. Where do you run your tanks?
Old 08-12-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBennyB View Post
Awesome truck and trailer! follow any of the tank forums? I too had to make a recovery vehicle. Used a Tammy King Hauler and modified a bruder trailer to widen it and have remote ramps. Think your next project should be a M26 Dragon Wagon..he he. Where do you run your tanks?
I am on Rc Tank Warfare, but rarely go on it. I've not really run it since I've had it, mainly because of the transportation issue. Most places I go trailing with my trucks, you have to walk a fair way from the carpark to where the trailing spots are. Now I've got the tank hauler I can transport the tank more easily. I'm not really into indoor tank meets to be honest.