RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 04-06-2015, 09:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP Compound

You got it Mario!!

And reg the pics are great! Crisp and clear!!
Old 04-06-2015, 10:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure I will be making a theme park of that magnitude but hey, you never know.

Vids from today....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1OlRuTelBM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5eAK_cERkc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a07KBoKqDak
Old 04-07-2015, 02:44 AM

justin is on a distinguished road

No wonder u won't email me back to busy playin lol Looks like fun ile hav book a plane ticket soon
Old 04-07-2015, 08:39 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
No wonder u won't email me back to busy playin lol Looks like fun ile hav book a plane ticket soon
Hey come on now, a guys gotta have some time off occasionally! I spent the weekend looking for rabbit eggs and working on the compound. Today its back to business in the shop and my wood pile...

Let me know when you book your ticket. Just think Justin, the shipping on all the projects we have done together would have almost got you here.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

I know your not having fun playing with yourself Reg so I figured out a way to give you some company at the compound.

Just hypothetical idea...... What if a RC radio could be controlled through the Internet? I could mount a web cam inside my dump truck, ship it to you ( that's the part of my idea Im not comfortable with yet ).
Then I can run my truck from here in ontario and help out hauling dirt. We can get you a mannequin in a lawn chair to sit by you if that helps too?
Old 04-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
I know your not having fun playing with yourself Reg so I figured out a way to give you some company at the compound.

Just hypothetical idea...... What if a RC radio could be controlled through the Internet? I could mount a web cam inside my dump truck, ship it to you ( that's the part of my idea Im not comfortable with yet ).
Then I can run my truck from here in ontario and help out hauling dirt. We can get you a mannequin in a lawn chair to sit by you if that helps too?
Yes it's getting a bit boring playing with myself but I was warned this would happen with marriage...Oh sorry, wrong topic...

Interesting concept... We could communicate using headsets and share some laughs at the same time. I have four dump trucks so really all you need to sort out is the control part....
Old 04-07-2015, 06:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

To help with shipping costs I can get you one of those mannequins that are folded up and all you have to do is inflate them. Don't know if it would look like Mario but I'm pretty sure it would look happy to be there!!
Old 04-07-2015, 06:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
To help with shipping costs I can get you one of those mannequins that are folded up and all you have to do is inflate them. Don't know if it would look like Mario but I'm pretty sure it would look happy to be there!!
HAHAHAHA! I think I've seen one of those before at someones stag party. They always look so surprised yet happy
Old 04-09-2015, 09:04 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I've been messing around the last couple of afternoons adding some more stuff. I collected up several small trailer loads of rock using our ATV from around the place to build a rock wall. I am hoping to finish this to look like a creek runs between the "mountains" so a lot more work is needed but it's coming along. Up top I started to rough in the grade but only made it a little ways before I had spent a couple of batteries in the Volvo. I also added another bridge and graveled about 5 more feet of the original road. Since Mario is holding down the title for "best RC worksite in eastern Canada" I'm trying to take the title out west. The weather is supposed to get crappy again tomorrow for a few days so construction will slow.

My seat while building road with the excavator across the valley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fylHTPyhUmY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWXkonM6Gfk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkgUM0tGHD4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNw6sLBvXf4
Old 04-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Don't know if it would look like Mario but I'm pretty sure it would look happy to be there!!
It better freaking NOT look like me!

Your career opportunities continue to grow Reg! A fisherman, master of metal n fab , and a pretty darn good landscaper by the looks of it! . Seriously, not bustin chops, the compound looks great!

Best in eastern Canada? . I don't know about that but thanks for the thumbs up. Best in the east is already jealous of your site and all the space and potential it has...... No winter is the real bonus for sure.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:14 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yeah that type of doll should never look like any man as far as I'm concerned...

My aunt and uncle are landscapers. I've worked for them a couple of times on big turf jobs where they need people with a strong back and very little brains. I don't mind laying turf because if you bust a$$ you can see it come together fast. Weeding flower beds, not so much!lol I'll stick to the first two on your list... Oh, and cutting firewood! I like that as well

No prob! You're my inspiration with lots of this stuff. I don't have any plans for any on highway type things like the loading dock you have but I hope to create a good network of gravel roads. The tough part is having enough dirt to build hills and contours when you start out with flat ground. Another problem is making it all large enough to run my 850 Kenworth on it. That truck is a beast and requires a ton of space.

My wife ran the Mack truck yesterday afternoon for a bit and I ran the Hayes. It was cool to have her help out and to see two trucks sharing the road! The weather is supposed to get nasty here for the weekend so hopefully what I have made so far will get packed down by the rain and not wash out!

Last edited by RCP57; 04-10-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:58 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

A couple of shots from yesterday afternoon. I made a little more progress with the hoe and was finally able to get the Euc onto the road to haul away overburden down into the treed area.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

You've sure gotten a nice compound! But why so modest, not aiming for the best in Canada?

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes it's coming along nicely so far. It would be cool if it turned out to be the best in Canada but I guess I'm just not an arrogant person so even if it was I wouldn't think or say so. I'll be happy as long as I can enjoy it and have a few friends do the same. So far it has been a fair bit of work but enjoyable also!

A video from yesterday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykc4Gf-iGN4
Old 04-10-2015, 06:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Wait a minute, where's the dozer? You can't build a decent bush road without a dozer!
Old 04-10-2015, 06:49 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Mario the dozer is the long yellow handled thing on the side of the hill ! Mike Reg looks great that what my wife wants me to build along side the trains
Old 04-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

my dog would turn that into a strip mine in 3 or 4 days!!1 I need to borrow
coopers d11 to back fill the test holes
Old 04-10-2015, 09:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
my dog would turn that into a strip mine in 3 or 4 days!!1 I need to borrow
coopers d11 to back fill the test holes
Lol!! If I could get the dog to dig in the place I want he can move some dirt fast!!!
See you tomorrow bigford!!

Reg, I'll try and take lots of pics, got to empty a couple batteries today at the show and meet the other guys, have to say all great guys!! And you are building quite a playground, keep showing the wife your pics. That was good at first till she realized why I was showing them to her, so I could "develope" more of the backyard!!! Have to build a road to the proposed tree stump project. It's in the planning stages, now I have to get the appropriate permits. But she's on the planning board and is going to be my biggest opponent. I may have to give her a kickback or bribe. Just part of doing business in the construction feild, always have to pay someone to play
Old 04-12-2015, 06:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I definitely need a dozer! The little Bruder doesn't cut it in this rocky stuff but might be ok once the sifted material goes on top. I trimmed some limbs today to let more light in. I may regret the decision come summertime but I think there will still be plenty of shade. Of course I moved most of the brush by hand but I had to get the skidder involved at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDaMM9_aGZA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F76UnC0mJCk
Old 04-13-2015, 11:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It was nasty weather here most of the day so I spent most of it working in the shop but just before dinner I hauled a few more loads of screened dirt with the Euc and spread it out with the Bruder dozer. Hey, I'm jealous of those cabin fever guys so I have to do something...

http://youtu.be/cyTXv9Y8Nj0

I have about 10-15 feet more road to gravel and I will have just over 170 feet of road(measured it yesterday) to drive on. I have another section that I laid out last fall that will add another 60-70 feet through the woods.

Thanks for looking