RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Journeyman

plow jockey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tracy Reiks 1978 A Model KW.

Paul you nailed it!!Thats a great idea with the stacks and 5th wheel.Great work on the styrene.Cant wait to see some paint on it.Great job!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Tracy Reiks 1978 A Model KW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Man Paul another sweet looking build!!! Loving it already!!! Looks awesome!
Thanks much Aaron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNmayhem View Post
Paul the truck is looking great. Keep it up. Can't wait to see some paint on it.

Tyler
Thanks Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
And it's the right color to boot!
Thanks Claus Red is my favorite color too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfarmer View Post
This looks really nice! The wheels set if off for me and it really has a clean look.

Had a low battery glitch (I think) pop a yoke on a driveshaft today, I have the u-joints like yours so where's the best place to get those? May need some spares looks like...
These are RC4WD heavy plastic shafts I have not heard of them breaking but there is always a first they are on there web-sight and then I mod them with the stainless tubing and make them longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth View Post
yes man keep the pics coming.that is clever how you did the fifth wheel pull on the fifth wheel i like that looks more realistic and the rounded bunk top is the way it should look for the a-model kw's
Thanks much I fireguard for sure you would notice the little changes that make a big difference in the look.. on that 5th wheel mod I forgot to say that the brass rod is bent in a loop with a brass washer braised on to it then it is screwed to the 5th. Keep a eye out I have some more detail you will like..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmess62 View Post
Looking good Paul. How do you lower the sleeper to match up with the of the cab? I like how you moved the stacks back, I noticed that on your other truck.
Keep up the good work, and pics
Thanks much dmess.. on the sleeper I cut 3/8 of a inch out above the rain channel around the sleeper just above the rivets then I glue it all back together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plow jockey View Post
Paul you nailed it!!Thats a great idea with the stacks and 5th wheel.Great work on the styrene.Cant wait to see some paint on it.Great job!!!
Thanks much Fred..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Demond View Post
that red is gonna make that truck just pop. great selection for doing a copy of a 1:1 truck. another one were it cant be built fast enough for me
Thanks Cory..

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztruck View Post
Looking good Paul. Nice to see a Kenny build. Keep the photos coming.
Thanks much Chris..

Thanks for all the great comments guys I have been working on it more today so maybe some picks Monday night..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.