RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink "KISS" theme truck

Well I got started yesterday on the cutting and chopping on my truck i've been wanting to do for a very long time.
Now I know it isn't very pretty right now, but I wanted to show what I did so far. I extended the windows on the sleeper roof, and i'm planning on following the roof for the shape of the sides where the cab meets the sleeper.
Now you all know kiss is definitely different, and I want this truck to be as different.
Here we go...

The paint job I have planned is very cool and unique...it's a secret for right now, and when it comes time for paint, I will share everything.
I also have very different ideas for the rock and roll truck.
Now to get busy on the styrene work.

Thanx for looking, Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "KISS" theme truck

This should be interesting! I can't wait to see what you have planned!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Green Horn

ryman is on a distinguished road

I'm a big KISS fan. I can't wait to see more. Looks like you have a King Hauler cab with a Knight Hauler sleeper.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Are you going for a high top Pete with the wind deflector? Or the high top freightliner? Or just a custom non specific truck?
Old 04-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Already I can see the truck is going to be as unique as the band it honors....I may not now what the paint surprise is but I bet I know what the wheels will look like....lol.
Nice work john,
Can't wait to see this build progress!
Old 04-16-2012, 02:39 PM

RCLaser is on a distinguished road

I was just wondering about that also....
Old 04-16-2012, 02:42 PM

RCLaser is on a distinguished road

Opps... ment to do this in 1 post (monitors - please doc my post count by 1)..... (reminder to self --- don't use the tab key in here)

So I was just wondering the same thing --- How do you do platform tires(shoes)? cant wait to see this... Thanks for sharing

Jeff
Old 04-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Wannabe

pumptech is on a distinguished road

Look forward to seeing this build ,should be interesting build.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumptech View Post
Look forward to seeing this build ,should be interesting build.
Thanx pumptech, hope I can do it justice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLaser View Post
Opps... ment to do this in 1 post (monitors - please doc my post count by 1)..... (reminder to self --- don't use the tab key in here)

So I was just wondering the same thing --- How do you do platform tires(shoes)? cant wait to see this... Thanks for sharing
LOL!!! I lOVE IT...LOUD!!! Get it?

Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLaser View Post
I was just wondering about that also....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Already I can see the truck is going to be as unique as the band it honors....I may not now what the paint surprise is but I bet I know what the wheels will look like....lol.
Nice work john,
Can't wait to see this build progress!
Thanx Supermario...BTW, I couldn't find the wheels at rc damper. Could you help me please? Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
Are you going for a high top Pete with the wind deflector? Or the high top freightliner? Or just a custom non specific truck?
Well I wanted to base this on a pete, but with a twist...like I said, different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryman View Post
I'm a big KISS fan. I can't wait to see more. Looks like you have a King Hauler cab with a Knight Hauler sleeper.
You are right, I had an extra knight and king bodies, and decided to make them a couple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
This should be interesting! I can't wait to see what you have planned!
Interesting...yes, I will tell one thing I want to do. Instead of regular exhaust, i'm thinking side pipes.

Thank you all, Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:03 PM

Autocar is on a distinguished road

what would be cool is seeing all four band members on the truck but you got to put animal on the hood every body likes animal.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocar View Post
what would be cool is seeing all four band members on the truck but you got to put animal on the hood every body likes animal.
Autocar, I had the same idea. I forgot to mention, i'm having a matching trailer. I think I can free hand the faces on the trailer because i'm replacing the sides with styrene for a smooth look. I use to draw all the band members faces as a kid...aaah, the good ol' days.
Now i'm kinda, what do you mean by "animal"? Gene???

Big John

Old 04-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I got one side of the styrene roughly put in. Tomorrow I will do the other side, dremel to a rough shape, and then start the bondo work. I will post more pic's.

Thanx for looking and feedback, Big John

Old 04-17-2012, 05:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

i am also a big kiss fan so i will be watching this one "lets rock and roll and party everyday"
Old 04-17-2012, 05:46 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey big John, I wasn't sure if you had heard of rcdamper before. There is no website, I found it on eBay. All stuff comes from hong kong. This guy has over 90 various items for tamiya semi trucks alone! The seller name is - Rcdamper
The store name is - Bargain RC&TOYS Store.
I stumbled across it by searching tamiya king hauler parts one day on eBay.ca. I'm in Canada and used the .ca site , not sure if that matters.
If you still have any trouble, send me your email and I'll send you the direct link to the wheels
Old 04-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

John, to save you some time and trouble here's what to do......go to eBay, in the search box type tamiya tractor truck, on page 2 of items list ( about 3/4 the way down ) you will see the rears. The word rcdamper and a yellow star are a part of the picture, you won't miss it. The fronts are on page 3 near the bottom.
That should do it! ....while on his page, check out his estore... Lots of cool stuff!

Mario
Old 04-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth View Post
i am also a big kiss fan so i will be watching this one "lets rock and roll and party everyday"
I hear you buddy. The critics said kiss wouldn't last more than a year, and here it is I believe 37 years later...hmmm lol.

Big John

Old 04-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
John, to save you some time and trouble here's what to do......go to eBay, in the search box type tamiya tractor truck, on page 2 of items list ( about 3/4 the way down ) you will see the rears. The word rcdamper and a yellow star are a part of the picture, you won't miss it. The fronts are on page 3 near the bottom.
That should do it! ....while on his page, check out his estore... Lots of cool stuff!

Mario
Thank you Mario, I will do that.

Big John

Old 04-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I can't keep this a secret, this will be the style of the paint. It look's very complex, but it's as simple as 1, 2, 3.
All you do is get a container deep enough for what you are going to paint, fill with water to submurge your body. Then spray 2-3 or 4 colors, swirl, don't blend dip your body, pull it out, and the water will run off, the paint will stick, and presto, the swirl paint job is done. Add whatever details you want, and clear. I couldn't help myself.

Thanx for looking, Big John

Old 04-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

37 year's already! Wow!
Please take picture's when you do the paint job.
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I definitley will, I did this method on a few of our son's model cars, and it turned very nice, plus you don't have to worry about runs drips or sags.

Big John