RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Vehicles Picture Gallery > 1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment

1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment Here is a spot to share your 1:1 that you drive and or operate.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road
Default Days you wished you never got out of bed..

Theres a few good titles for this thread..another one..."funny now...not so funny then". "Whats wrong with this picture", "who brought the big hammer"...Keep it going please.

Just joined recently. was thinking a story to break the ice would be a good idea sooo.

We were In New Orleans working after Katrina. I bought a 70 yd trailer to use for debris hauling..

Looks large yes, but the name of the game was how much you could haul of course as is the case on any job usually. The area we got some temp work in was all tight 1 1/2 lane neighborhood streets with ditches on both sides. This mammoth ex coal hauling trailer wasnt able to make the corners. So the contractor i was hauling for who had recently purchased a cheap tractor/dump trailer combo to take down( a week before i got there his driver was in an accident with the tractor and it was messed up pretty bad)...so he had this cute little 26' trailer just sitting around. Sweet! He offered to let me use it, a very nice gesture as i wasnt actually hauling for him on this particular job.

The day before the job was supposed to start i hook up to it and one of the younger guys staying with us at the place we were renting, jumps in the truck to put the box in the air to make sure everything worked fine...Well he ran the box all the way up and i think if i remember had his foot on the gas a little when the cylinder's last stage maxed out... and BOOM! the first stage blows the threaded ring off the bottom of the cylinder and down comes the whole box spearing the cylinder into the ground between the frame rails and pinning the truck in place. no unhooking and pulling it away.... i remember standing next to the truck when it happened and being showered with hyd oil..Oil was EVERYWHERE.

The pictures dont tell much of the disgust that we all felt during an already stressful time...work was bad, the whole venture was a joke actually and this was just one of those moments that you almost laughed at cause what else could you do. So ordered a 55 gal drum of hyd oil, and a new Cylinder assembly from East which I paid for cause the truck was being used by me...and after a week of waiting for parts went to work finally. We packed it up and went home 3 months later never to return.

The End

Last edited by JDH429; 02-27-2013 at 02:02 PM.