RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:02 PM

gbritton is on a distinguished road
Default New Globe Liner Buid

I'm new to the RC trucks. I have cars and tanks but the rc trucks is new and I need some help from you guys.. I'm starting my first build... a globe liner I have been reading about the longer frames..i just need to know what frame to get and does it come with all the holes already drilled in them. I'm new so I can use all the help I can get on this and the whole build. Thanks for you help.Gary
Old 01-16-2015, 08:08 PM
Apprentice

cabs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Globe Liner Buid

You can use rails from a king hauler which I just did for now, you will just have to drill and tap a few for the cab and fuel tanks. If you want them longer Ihb on the forum has some real sweet rails to work with. Thats my step 2
Old 01-16-2015, 08:29 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

Or if you want a little longer than King hauler you can use a knight rails. IHB rails are very nice but are not drilled. They have the taper milled in the end . Good luck with the build and be sure to post some pics
Old 01-17-2015, 08:57 PM

Thanks For all the help guys, it I use the king hauler frame can I put three axels under it? ,maybe two drives and one tag would be nice..like I said I'm new to this kind of build..so I don't know a lot about it yet. learn as I go..thanks for all the help and info..gary
Old 01-18-2015, 07:38 AM
Apprentice

cabs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbritton View Post
Thanks For all the help guys, it I use the king hauler frame can I put three axels under it? ,maybe two drives and one tag would be nice..like I said I'm new to this kind of build..so I don't know a lot about it yet. learn as I go..thanks for all the help and info..gary
you will have a tight squeeze. I would think you want to go 24"at least
Old 01-18-2015, 11:40 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

side view of my globe on king rails. Also using a different transmission. Might work but you will be cramped.

knight or cascadia rails might work. either way you're drilling and tapping new holes for the cab mounts. 3mm bit and 3mm tap!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Stuff; 01-18-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:29 PM

Well I got my king hauler frame rails today,, so now all I do is build globe liner like a king hauler and then drill holes for the cab mount? I hope that's what I need to do.. by the way, your truck looks great..i just hope mine looks half that good..thanks for all the help..gary