RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Build of the month

Build of the month Here we will vote on a build of the month nominated by our members.

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Journeyman

flatdeck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What has happened to the build of the month

So what has happened to the build of the month???????
Old 07-09-2015, 11:05 PM
Wannabe

up9018 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What has happened to the build of the month

JDH429's winner was so great it short circuted the system.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:39 AM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by up9018 View Post
JDH429's winner was so great it short circuted the system.

Haha
Old 07-10-2015, 03:26 PM
CEO of bend over motors."WE DRIVE IT HOME!"

spudd has a spectacular aura aboutspudd has a spectacular aura about

It is being discontinued....Too much drama!

RIP FREDDYGEARDRIVE
Old 07-10-2015, 10:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

It has turned into hurt feelings on every sight that has done it.

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:05 AM
Wannabe

Roundabout is on a distinguished road

hurt feelings, I thought we were adults here, I'm gonna miss build of the month!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:21 AM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Your kidding right ?! I found them inspiring . I hope this isn't turning into kids sports with no scores ! Mike
Old 07-11-2015, 02:27 PM
Journeyman

flatdeck is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it was nice that we were told that the build of the month was ending.. If it is no more why is the master post still there???

Wayne
Old 07-11-2015, 05:45 PM
Apprentice

cabs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
It has turned into hurt feelings on every sight that has done it.
Sad, it should be guys having pride in their ride
Old 07-12-2015, 12:21 AM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

I guess we had a good run, it lasted almost 5 years. I didn't want to see it go but the last 6 months just made it not worth it.

Thanks to all who participated and keep on enjoying your models in the other sections of the forum with the rest of us.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 07-12-2015, 07:17 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
Your kidding right ?! I found them inspiring . I hope this isn't turning into kids sports with no scores ! Mike
I never viewed this HOBBY as a competitive entity , as it shouldn't be .

Old 07-12-2015, 08:11 AM
Journeyman

IHB builder I didn't mean this as competitive , it's just everything/body can't take criticism . Please bring back model of the month . Mike
Old 07-13-2015, 07:52 AM
Wannabe

up9018 is on a distinguished road

That's too bad, going to miss it.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:52 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I will miss it too. I don't understand why someone would get offended by not winning? Personally, I think friendly competition is a good thing and it keeps us all striving to improve the hobby and the products available. I think it was great to be nominated a few times even though my models never won. Well maybe once. It brings attention to some current projects that are looking good if you are new to the site and gives us regulars something else to look at just in case we missed a thread. Maybe build of the month could be just one build that is selected each month by a mod instead of a competition? I guess people still may get upset though if their build was never featured. It's sad what the world has come too in my opinion...
Old 07-13-2015, 11:25 AM
Journeyman

Reg I agree Mike
Old 07-13-2015, 01:12 PM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudd View Post
It is being discontinued....Too much drama!

Only drama comes from rigged votes and who has "more buddies" on the forum... we all know this was never a true "build of the month" because there has been at least a hand full of times that BONE stock builds won over actual well built and modified builds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
I guess we had a good run, it lasted almost 5 years. I didn't want to see it go but the last 6 months just made it not worth it.

Thanks to all who participated and keep on enjoying your models in the other sections of the forum with the rest of us.

Travis

Last 6 months? How so? At least 3 of the builds that won the last 6 months were builds i made or had a a hand in.... so what exactly are you trying to say? You see its comments like that, that make this hobby a **** show..... lets not forget when the voting was getting rigged for bennys mack, and all of a sudden it was "fixxed" and the blame went to a "problem with the server"..... im not computer expert but the smell of b.s. is very strong..... please dnt take this as "my feelings are hurt" because truth be told ive only nominated 1 build when i first joined this forum. After i got to see all the politics i no longer did for the same exact reason many didnt either...... its not what you build its WHO YOU KNOW...... i never needed a B.O.T.M to tell me my work is good.... just my .02 cents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
I never viewed this HOBBY as a competitive entity , as it shouldn't be .
You may not view it that way but EVERY hobby is competitive one way or another....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
I will miss it too. I don't understand why someone would get offended by not winning? Personally, I think friendly competition is a good thing and it keeps us all striving to improve the hobby and the products available. I think it was great to be nominated a few times even though my models never won. Well maybe once. It brings attention to some current projects that are looking good if you are new to the site and gives us regulars something else to look at just in case we missed a thread. Maybe build of the month could be just one build that is selected each month by a mod instead of a competition? I guess people still may get upset though if their build was never featured. It's sad what the world has come too in my opinion...
You said it right, but involving the mods wouldnt make it any better.... it is what it is, just keep on doing good work and dealing less and less with the b.s.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:17 PM

Some people just cry when they don't get there way..... talk about EGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How dare you say it was rigged. Not everyone votes for the best looking one. I for one vote for the most unique or the best effort . its not always the best build
This isn't a competition its a hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most of us here are on the site to learn and get ideas from other peoples builds not try to be better then the other guy.
99% of the people are here to have fun. Not boost there ego

RIP FREDDYGEARDRIVE
Old 07-13-2015, 02:47 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Brian said
"You may not view it that way but EVERY hobby is competitive one way or another...."

only on the biz side of it

Old 07-13-2015, 03:52 PM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudd View Post
Some people just cry when they don't get there way..... talk about EGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How dare you say it was rigged. Not everyone votes for the best looking one. I for one vote for the most unique or the best effort . its not always the best build
This isn't a competition its a hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most of us here are on the site to learn and get ideas from other peoples builds not try to be better then the other guy.
99% of the people are here to have fun. Not boost there ego
How dare I? its the **** truth! if it wasnt you wouldnt be so **** offended..... boost ego? please cut the b.sand spare me the wasted internet space.... first and foremost I dont need this forum or any other to "boost me ego" I havent even been on this site for a while now... I KNOW my work is good and so do my customers, thats ALL that matters to me, the fact that I can provide 100% customer satisfaction at all times.... lets not forget even YOU can vouch for that..... last time I checked when we spoke on the phone you wanted a set of mudflaps..... what did I do? I sent them to you no cost at all and said, I appreciate you helping out with the scumbag on the site trying to bad mouth me when he was clearly in the wrong.... did I not???? I didnt have to do that, its YOUR JOB TO MODERATE! did i even get a thank you? NOPE, I had to be the one to reach out to you to make sure they got there..... so before you start throwing blows remember your place in this "hobby" and understand that if your going to preach something, make sure you practice it.... im voicing whats called an OPINION and also what i know since others are to scared to do so themselves......... just for shits and giggles..... if it "wasnt rigged" how the **** do you explain his vote count going from 12 to almost triple that within a few mins of a phone call being made and the other votes going from + to negative votes?????? I didnt know you could "unvote".... No one said "YOU" did it, but "someone" on this forum with the power to do so, did! ive run forums before and know this can be done...

Last edited by Exclusive RC; 07-13-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:01 PM

I did thank you for the mud flaps. But if you want to say I didn't that's fine.
I am not offended by your remarks. Nothing was done wrong by the mods so I don't care what you think..
We wont get into you customer satisfaction..Its not something to do with this post
If all that matters to you is what your customers think then why is it you are the only one that has raised such a stink about build of the month and you not winning every time something you build isn't the winner.

If you want to discuss this more then call me...I can pm you my number

RIP FREDDYGEARDRIVE
Closed Thread