RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:18 PM
Wannabe

mazdaparts will become famous soon enoughmazdaparts will become famous soon enough
Default My new workshop

I finally finished the last room in our new house, my workshop. We spec'ed out a full wood modular home and installed it on a full basement with 9 foot walls. That was a year ago. We semi finished the basement by building walls and defining spaces. A big storage/utilities room, a classroom for my wife to homeschool the kids, and a hobby/workshop room for me, and the rest was a playroom for the kids and a gameroom for the adults (pingpong table, big airhockey table, and dartboard.
My room was quite disorganized.

I got a $50 lowes gift card and a coupon from lowes for $10 off a $50 purchase. Bought some lumber, outlets, and boxes.

Got to work cleaning out the room so I would have a clean slate.

Started with my new work bench. Made a lip on the front to aid with clamping stuff down.

To finish off the room I needed a shelf to store projects and some of the clutter. No build pics as I was getting short on time.

5 hours later I have what you see here. I plan on putting a thin piece of plywood on the workbench surface and another on the wall and adding outlets like crazy. Now I just have to organize everything and get to work on some projects.

Last edited by mazdaparts; 12-31-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:24 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My new workshop

Cool!!! Now start those projects. L0L
Old 01-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

It's always nice to have an offical workbench and area for RC projects. My big problem is I always seem to run out of room on the workbench! Seems they are never big enough to have multiple projects going at one time. Good for you, I see poured basement walls and not brick.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

Great start! I agree with Espeefan. You will need more workbench in a short period of time. Almost forgot, you might want to put a diagonal stringer between the legs of the workbench and the shelving unit. It will keep the pieces from wobbling on you.

Lynn

Last edited by tc1cat; 01-01-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:48 AM
Wannabe

mazdaparts will become famous soon enoughmazdaparts will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the comments. I finished the surface and added a small shelf above it. Hung some storage bins and put everything in its place. Took me about 2 hours to go through my 3 tool boxes and get them all back in the right spots. Still missing my vise and a few other tools. I think they are still in storage. I will add some bracing to the legs and I plan on adding some bracing and casters on my work table, so I can roll it out and work from all sides. This room will evolve as I spend more time there. My first project is gonna be a 1/6th to 1/7th scale (can't remember the exact measurements) Ford F250 crewcab I got about 2 years ago for christmas.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:06 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Congrats on your new workshop. it seems you have gotten all the space you need.

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Green Horn

elliot330 is on a distinguished road

congratulations, that one thing I'd love to have. At present its the dining room table, which the wife loves!