RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Campbell River Museum Show

Greg, Lou and Rob invited me to join them at the Campbell River Museum this weekend for a model train and RC show. The show is put on every year in an attempt to raise more money for the museum. Although I was only able to attend yesterday it was still a really good time and well worth the 7 hours of driving I did to get there and back. I only took a few photos and videos but hopefully the other guys can add some more...
http://youtu.be/pOJRJXrndo8
http://youtu.be/2RVpReQpakQ

Old 01-27-2014, 12:30 AM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campbell River Museum Show

Thanks for all the great pics ....makes me wish I lived closer to you guys!!!
Old 01-27-2014, 12:38 AM

Jakyat is on a distinguished road

Very impressive. So when we are talking Campbell river, are we talking B.C.

I really need to talk to the owner/ builder of the big yellow KW. It has the Clark planetary drive rear ends that I desperately need for my build.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:50 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADSGARAGE View Post
Thanks for all the great pics ....makes me wish I lived closer to you guys!!!
We could use another guy around these parts too! Especially one with big toys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakyat View Post
Very impressive. So when we are talking Campbell river, are we talking B.C.

I really need to talk to the owner/ builder of the big yellow KW. It has the Clark planetary drive rear ends that I desperately need for my build.
Yes that's right(BC). Where are you located?

I built the diffs for the truck....mini BD91,000's lol They don't actually have planetaries but the rest is somewhat correct.

Reg
Old 01-27-2014, 01:05 AM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Glad we had the chance to hook up again Reg ..5 hours went by pretty fast and today as well ..took a few on my Iphone video wasnt very good though

Old 01-27-2014, 01:09 AM

I am from Edson AB.
I am very impressed with your KW. I am getting ready to buildacraft 420" tandem tandem bed truck. Those BD91 Clark's would be a perfect fit for my application. I would be. Very interested seeing moreofthat truck. Do you have more pictures? Isit 1/14 scale? That's a big table that it's occupying all by itself. Is that a 853?
We have the reminents of that same truck in the back 40 at our yard here in Edson. We have two trucks in our fleet with the BD91's
Old 01-27-2014, 01:51 AM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Reg, great to have you along for the day. I took my camera with me both days but never managed to get any shots. Thanks to your shots and Lou's, everyone can see the good time we had. The numbers were down this year, but it was still good to get together and help out the museum. Thanks for the long drive!
Rob

Link to Reg's KW build http://rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=5939

Last edited by steamer; 01-27-2014 at 01:57 AM. Reason: add link
Old 01-27-2014, 08:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
I am from Edson AB.
I am very impressed with your KW. I am getting ready to buildacraft 420" tandem tandem bed truck. Those BD91 Clark's would be a perfect fit for my application. I would be. Very interested seeing moreofthat truck. Do you have more pictures? Isit 1/14 scale? That's a big table that it's occupying all by itself. Is that a 853?
We have the reminents of that same truck in the back 40 at our yard here in Edson. We have two trucks in our fleet with the BD91's
Thanks very much. I am looking forward to your build also. You've probably already looked but the truck is 1/10 scale and based on an 850. Yes it is big!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamer View Post
Reg, great to have you along for the day. I took my camera with me both days but never managed to get any shots. Thanks to your shots and Lou's, everyone can see the good time we had. The numbers were down this year, but it was still good to get together and help out the museum. Thanks for the long drive!
Rob

Link to Reg's KW build http://rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=5939
No problem Rob. I almost ended up there again yesterday but decided to come home instead of staying at a friends in Courtenay.

I am a little upset that you brought the rock truck when I wasn't there...lol

You best come down to Duncan this July...

I have about a 1/2 hour of GoPro video that I need to edit and post up. I will try to do that over the next few days.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here's another video. The operators perspective from Lou's 966...http://youtu.be/3GKOFxmyvyg More videos to come!
Old 01-28-2014, 05:16 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

You even had track there I could have brought my 1:13.7 trains except the airlines won't like them they might go boom . I was there in 1984 wonder if CR changed much . Take care Mike nice photos
Old 01-28-2014, 08:24 PM

Wow!! I have reviewed your kenworth build thread. I am thoroughly Impressed!!! As it's known, I am a newbie to this and I gotta say, after seeing this, I'm thinking I'm a little out of my league! Job well done!!! I never imagined the detail that went in to your truck as well as most of the other builds that I am seeing on this site. You guys are all artists!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:29 PM

I kinda chuckle when I look back at my first post in this thread. "I need to talk to the owner/builder of the kenworth. I need to find out where he bought the Clark planetaries....." And then I see that they were custom built...amazing!!!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
I kinda chuckle when I look back at my first post in this thread. "I need to talk to the owner/builder of the kenworth. I need to find out where he bought the Clark planetaries....." And then I see that they were custom built...amazing!!!
Haha! Thanks very much, those diffs gave me more grey hair and some sleepless nights! It got even worse when my mill broke down part way through and was out of commission for a couple weeks. I'm glad they are finished and to be honest they are the main reason that there isn't an HDX Hayes or a P16 Pacific parked next to the KW...
Old 01-28-2014, 09:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

One more video...http://youtu.be/CX7Cqo30xL8 Still one more to come.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:39 AM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Fantastic Reg. Some good quality driving there for sure. By the end of the show Sunday the floor was covered with pellets and lou's oil. All and all it was another great show! Looking forward to any more video you have.
Rob
Old 01-29-2014, 04:55 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Wow!! I have reviewed your kenworth build thread. I am thoroughly Impressed!!! As it's known, I am a newbie to this and I gotta say, after seeing this, I'm thinking I'm a little out of my league! Job well done!!! I never imagined the detail that went in to your truck as well as most of the other builds that I am seeing on this site. You guys are all artists!
From my many yrs experience, everyone else's work always looked flawless in pictures, but when you see it in person, then you'll see the jagged edges & crooked cuts, paint runs, ect... there's no leagues or bars that need to be met to be a apart of this hobby or forum, build it to the level you're capable of achieving & have fun with it.

Joe
Old 01-29-2014, 08:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamer View Post
Fantastic Reg. Some good quality driving there for sure. By the end of the show Sunday the floor was covered with pellets and lou's oil. All and all it was another great show! Looking forward to any more video you have.
Rob
I guess next year we will be hauling kitty litter so that "lou's Leaks" are taken care of while we're playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
From my many yrs experience, everyone else's work always looked flawless in pictures, but when you see it in person, then you'll see the jagged edges & crooked cuts, paint runs, ect... there's no leagues or bars that need to be met to be a apart of this hobby or forum, build it to the level you're capable of achieving & have fun with it.
I agree, nothing is ever perfect! The more others admire my truck, the more flaws I see! Do what you can with the skills and equipment you have. The most important part is not the quality of the finished product but the fun and challenge you have in getting it there.

Here's the last video...GoPro sitting on Greg's excavator as he loads trains and Rob's FWD...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OugC...re=c4-overview
Old 01-29-2014, 09:54 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Hello Reg thanks a lot for the pictures. The quarry Cat looks good what scale is it do you know? Looks like you had a great day. Ed
Old 01-30-2014, 02:20 AM
Green Horn

chaseracer is on a distinguished road

Looked good guys sorry I missed it.. Autocar hasn't been run since Duncan show
Old 01-30-2014, 10:09 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Hello Reg thanks a lot for the pictures. The quarry Cat looks good what scale is it do you know? Looks like you had a great day. Ed
I'm not to sure Ed but I think it's around 1/20th. Hopefully Rob will chime in as it's his truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseracer View Post
Looked good guys sorry I missed it.. Autocar hasn't been run since Duncan show
Yeah it's too bad you didn't make it! I had room for another truck and passenger in the car too! Oh well, next time.