RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:06 PM

robcakes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kenworth T880-Aluminum cab

great work reg , cannot wait to see more.....
Old 07-20-2014, 04:41 AM

bruce is on a distinguished road

That cab is awsome. You sir have some nice skills
Old 07-20-2014, 06:55 AM

BERNA is on a distinguished road

Hi friend I love your work, you really have very good hands to make this work, I congratulate
Old 07-20-2014, 06:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Thank you all very much!

Here's a small update. I spent a few hours machining the front grill. Not having CNC really sucks with this kinda stuff. I said the F word really F ing loud when the grill caught on the buffing wheel and flew across my shop, bouncing off the shelving unit that stores my models and coming to a rest under my bandsaw! I thought for sure it would be destroyed yet amazingly enough it was unharmed. What a relief! I then said some more F words surrounded by things like, _____ amazing, I can't ____ believe it isn't ____ and so on. All of this while standing alone in my shop... I think I'm losing it!

Old 07-20-2014, 06:33 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

So wifey must be at work today or she might have appeared at the doorway yelling "WT_____ is wrong with you?"

Joe
Old 07-20-2014, 06:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
So wifey must be at work today or she might have appeared at the doorway yelling "WT_____ is wrong with you?"
Hahaha! You got it!
Old 07-20-2014, 07:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Truly amazing work as always I am stunned by your ability

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:15 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

"Here's a small update. I spent a few hours machining the front grill. Not having CNC really sucks with this kinda stuff. I said the F word really F ing loud when the grill caught on the buffing wheel and flew across my shop, bouncing off the shelving unit that stores my models and coming to a rest under my bandsaw! I thought for sure it would be destroyed yet amazingly enough it was unharmed. What a relief! I then said some more F words surrounded by things like, _____ amazing, I can't ____ believe it isn't ____ and so on. All of this while standing alone in my shop... I think I'm losing it!"

I guess I'm not alone you be surprised the abuse a good grade of aluminum can take . I gotta say this , unfortunately my kids know every cuss werd in the book ( thats how I learned them ) .

Great job on the grill . watch these guys here or you'll be needin the CNC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks for the compliment and no you aren't alone Steve! It wouldn't have been the first time that I had a few solid hours into something only to watch it be destroyed by one wrong move. Years ago I would get mad and smash stuff but I soon realized that it is easier(and cheaper) to put it down and walk away than smash it and start all over. As it turns out, sometimes my mistakes can be fixed after taking a second look with a cooler head.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:49 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Thanks for the compliment and no you aren't alone Steve! It wouldn't have been the first time that I had a few solid hours into something only to watch it be destroyed by one wrong move. Years ago I would get mad and smash stuff but I soon realized that it is easier(and cheaper) to put it down and walk away than smash it and start all over. As it turns out, sometimes my mistakes can be fixed after taking a second look with a cooler head.
I've come a long way but still got the (me smash in me yet ) like today , just about destroyed the shop . everything just came to a head at once , Started with a boring bar and insert order that was delayed delivery for a week do to a tec glitch on his end . Ok that stuff showed up mon. , Life is good right ?? get that op finished std blanks ready for holes now ss blanks need a different bar to finish . OK take it in the butt and order fro MSC cool in stock I'll get fri . NOT go check order shipped from mafr. will take over week WTF it said in stock now says this after I order . hen today . software glitch I didn't catch before hitting green blinky button ------- I needed that to finish an order this week !!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 days to get and have order coming in on mon from same place oh well pay more shipping

Old 07-20-2014, 10:10 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

Steve - more and more catalog companies are stating in stock but what it actually means is direct ship from manufacturer. Acme taps are this way - McMaster had to have tap built even though it said "in stock"

Chin up old man - business is changing around here .....not necessarily for the better though.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Steve - more and more catalog companies are stating in stock but what it actually means is direct ship from manufacturer. Acme taps are this way - McMaster had to have tap built even though it said "in stock"

Chin up old man - business is changing around here .....not necessarily for the better though.
well todays issues what I get for werkin straight through the night I only use MSC if I have to any more like a friday night emergency call in before 4 and pick up at the dock 30min away. I like my lil guys , they're nice on the pocket and good stuff just takes week max to get .

Old 07-21-2014, 12:38 PM
Green Horn

toniolillo is on a distinguished road

Great job, it´is very interesting project
Old 07-21-2014, 03:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Reg very nice job on the cab and your welds are looking real good considering the light metal. Ed
Old 07-21-2014, 09:17 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

Reg - I like your aluminum skills - I've heard that welding thin sections are terrifically difficult - great work!
Old 07-21-2014, 10:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Sorry to hear about all your issues Steve. Somedays it seems like if it can, it will.

Thanks Ed, Izzy. Some welds are fairly easy and others are a pain. Fitment of parts makes a huge difference. Sometimes I just have to blob on extra and grind it off. Lol
Old 07-22-2014, 05:25 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Outstanding work!!! When your done with it ill take it in red... HAHA absolutely amazing aluminum skills!!! Cant wait to see what you do next on it
Old 07-22-2014, 11:35 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Haha, be careful what you wish for... If it turns out well enough I may put it up for sale.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:00 PM
Green Horn

chaseracer is on a distinguished road

Looks amazing reg , you amaze me every time you build .. Look forward to seeing more
Old 07-23-2014, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

Not having CNC machines can be a blessing at times. 8 hrs of pushing a button can make for a very BORING night I still enjoy making things where I control everything. Manual machines are nice if you have a DRO on them. Reading dials gets to be as big pain as CNC after awhile. Grill looks great!!