RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4 Hour Bruder Dozer

Where does the madness stop?!?!?! Hey the rops look great!!! I agree a which would be a better fit, more of a logging/road building machine. I've often thought about some roll over protection, not for the machine working but for me working on it, pretty high drop or bump from the work bench!!!! Looks great reg, keeps getting better!!!
Old 12-18-2014, 01:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure where it stops RW! My guess is, when we stop having the imagination and will to continue....or we run out of money....

I agree 100% that for me and this area a winch is a better fit. Someone posted a picture of a high track Cat set up for logging on another forum that was painted the same as my Hayes truck. I was trying to find the photo this morning but had no luck. I know the guy personally that posted the picture so I am going to email him and ask for a copy. If he can find it there is a good chance that my dozer will get a color change in the new year. Oh, and an arch to go with the winch.

I added some "bling" to Keith's dozer today. No drawbar is complete without a pin!

I have to go into town today so I needed to clean off my "GMC bench". I managed to find enough space on the shelf beside my 850 Kenworth for all three dozers. Look at the size difference! Man I love that truck!

Old 12-19-2014, 10:26 PM
Green Horn

chaseracer is on a distinguished road

Simply awesome reg great job.. Guess I better start saving
Old 12-20-2014, 01:18 AM
Green Horn

rc13 is on a distinguished road

Cool stuff as usual.. I didn't read the entire thread, but looked through pretty good. It is so cool to see what everyone does to modify the Bruder items. I have some modified Bruder equipment. I love it. I buy some for my kids to play too. I constantly come up with ideas for modifications to their out of the box basic bruder toys... But, I have too many other projects.. Cant go wrong with Bruder.
Love the blades. I would like to get a different blade for my Stahl dozer. Something that looks like yours, or the one that Mitch built for his a while back (The dozer that he sold). I read that you don't have a big shop for the modifications like some do, but you still have made some amazing stuff. I don't think I have the means to build a blade like that. Let me know if you are ever up for building a blade for my Stahl.
Thank you!
Old 12-20-2014, 08:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks very much guys.

I have been putting around the last couple afternoons on my Dozer adding some details. I made up some grab handles for the canopy yesterday and threw some paint at them today. While I had the spray cans out I thought I should make it look more like a typical slobbering Cat so I sprayed some black onto the exhaust tip and canopy. I also took the lazy route for now and instead of making new sprockets that look more scale I just cut up the stock Bruder stuff and glued it on. It doesn't look as nice as dozer #2 but I still think it is an improvement over what I made previously for this one.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Ahh quit painting the work wounds and put some real ones on,,,,, as in another video!!!! Looks great reg!!! Oh and ya need an operator in there!!! Lol!!! So when do you ever take some time off?? That's when I want to come out,, with a small van, when your not home,,,,, .
Old 12-20-2014, 10:14 PM

Nhrafan is on a distinguished road

Looks good brother Reg !!!! Another masterpiece !!!! You can accidentally drop # 3 in the bag too lol!!! Just kidding haha !!!!! Nice job and I think a winch will really set that thing off !!!!
Old 12-20-2014, 10:17 PM

Nhrafan is on a distinguished road

Correction # 1 lol !!!! Hey just put them all in a gift bag haha !!!! They all look great !
Old 12-21-2014, 10:56 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Ahh quit painting the work wounds and put some real ones on,,,,, as in another video!!!! Looks great reg!!! Oh and ya need an operator in there!!! Lol!!! So when do you ever take some time off?? That's when I want to come out,, with a small van, when your not home,,,,, .
I do need an operator! I would like to go and put some real wear on it but the weather has been really wet here lately and I like being in where it's dry.lol
I was at a Xmas party last night and someone else asked when I wasn't going to be home so that they could drop by.... I think I should start boobie trapping my shop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhrafan View Post
Correction # 1 lol !!!! Hey just put them all in a gift bag haha !!!! They all look great !
Hey Keith, you can have them all if you want! I'll work you out a special Xmas price for all three!
Old 12-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road

Hey Reg these look great! I saw that your bench has a weight limit of 2500lbs. I think with all this equipment on there you got er' maxed out The "Forester" cab looks pretty sweet.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:56 AM

Barker196 is on a distinguished road

I love the diesel soot! Your craftsmanship amazes me!
Old 01-02-2015, 05:51 PM

*tonto* is on a distinguished road

After reading this entire build thread like 20 times, the craftsmanship and detail you put into these machines just blows my mind. I could watch your builds for hours, and I would still not have seen enough. You have inspired me to build my first Bruder dozer. I noticed that you had a carton of the metal track pads in one picture. Just wondering if they were just put in there, or were modified pieces of some sort? Also on #2 it looks like you used a different method of attaching the pads to the chain drive. I would like to use your ideas for my own build and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Once again well done, and thank you for your builds.

*TONTO*
Old 01-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by *tonto* View Post
After reading this entire build thread like 20 times, the craftsmanship and detail you put into these machines just blows my mind. I could watch your builds for hours, and I would still not have seen enough. You have inspired me to build my first Bruder dozer. I noticed that you had a carton of the metal track pads in one picture. Just wondering if they were just put in there, or were modified pieces of some sort? Also on #2 it looks like you used a different method of attaching the pads to the chain drive. I would like to use your ideas for my own build and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Once again well done, and thank you for your builds.

*TONTO*
Thanks tonto and welcome to the forum. I see you are in Vancouver. Perhaps we will see you at one of our shows on the island this year? The track pads are made from trim that you can buy at Home Depot or Rona. It comes in 8' lengths so you will need to cut it to the size needed and drill the holes for mounting. The chain used on dozer #2 is #35(3/8 pitch) with K1 attachment on every other link. If you have any other questions fire away. Good luck with the conversion should you take it on!

Reg
Old 01-03-2015, 12:48 AM

*tonto* is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info. I just picked up a dozer from Winners, and will definitely be trying to do a chain conversion. I live in Abby, I just like to put in Vancouver just so people know the general area I live in. As for shows, how do you find out if there is going to be a setup for R/C's there? At the end of January there is an agricultural show at the tradex, I just don't know who to get into contact with.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road

Reg,

Do you have a part number or measurement on the edging material for the track pads so I can make sure I get the right stuff?

And, I don't think I understand the slot in each pad? It sort of looks like it could be used to drive the tracks from the sprocket, but that is being done with the #35 chain right? Is the slot for looks or something else I do understand?

Jim
Old 01-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvjimd View Post
Reg,

Do you have a part number or measurement on the edging material for the track pads so I can make sure I get the right stuff?

And, I don't think I understand the slot in each pad? It sort of looks like it could be used to drive the tracks from the sprocket, but that is being done with the #35 chain right? Is the slot for looks or something else I do understand?

Jim
It's called 7/8 grooved edging(Rona part# DUA101MLU08). I have been talking back and forth with someone else in the US about finding some for them. It almost seems as though only Canadian stores carry it which seems odd. The slots in the track pads are to let dirt out. Without them I found that dirt packs up in the links and won't come out. Milling the slots almost doubles the time it takes to make the pads but I like the look of it and at least some of the dirt escapes.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:31 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road

Ah ha, great idea. I knew there was a reason and I agree I DO like the look. It sounds like maybe I won't find thAt stuff at my Home Depot huh... I have a new farm store, menards and lowes. I will let everyone know what I find.

Also, I assume you had to cut off one leg of the edging and bend down the leading edge to form the pads?

Thanks for you help!

Last edited by Rvjimd; 01-04-2015 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-04-2015, 11:49 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It is already an L shape and has grooves on the other side. Bend it at the first groove for a perfect fit! It is almost like it was made to be used as track pads!lol
Old 01-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

I've looked and looked for that aluminum and still can't find it after Greg introduced it years ago. Definitely a Canada only thing. ARG!!
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 01-04-2015, 01:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snochaser View Post
I've looked and looked for that aluminum and still can't find it after Greg introduced it years ago. Definitely a Canada only thing. ARG!!
It seems so! Weird! The other member I have been talking with said he had looked at Lowes and Home Depot with no success. I did an internet search a couple days back and came up empty other than a few Canadian home improvement stores. I would be willing to get some and ship it out but shipping will probably make it expensive.