RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Green Horn

DieselKid is on a distinguished road
Default FabOne

Hey all,

If you have a minute please keep my Dad (FabOne) in your thoughts and prayers......he has been in the hospital since Saturday morning. This all started about about two weeks ago when he came home from a project at work, feeling very weak with high blood pressure and terrible migraines! He and I had dinner that night and I just assumed it was the heat as it was the first day we had been exposed to 90 degree temps this year. But even after they ran IVs and pumped fluids in him to offset the dehydration, he still has not improved much. They aren't sure just exactly what's going on, they've looked at everything from a possible infection to chronic headaches that just run in the family.

His spirits are still relatively high, and the other night when I was at the hospital he was still 'talking trucks' with me, so I know Dad's still in there, just sore and wore down physically. But he loves this forum and all of you, stops by here every day with the exception of these last few days. He and my nephew Cooper (Lowboy) are two peas in a pod when it comes to RC trucks and this forum is part of the glue that makes that bond what it is.

I did not intend to write a book, but I'm just worried about him....in my 27 years I've never seen this guy who takes such immaculate care of his yard/landscaping, not have the energy to even mow his grass!

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers, I will be sure and keep him up to date on the builds/projects going on over here when I go down to see him tonight after work. That keeps him smiling!

Take care and I'll keep you posted,
-Alex
Old 06-09-2016, 01:58 PM
Wannabe

up9018 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FabOne

Hope he gets better soon Alex.

Chris
Old 06-09-2016, 02:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Alex tell your dad we're thinking of him and to relax and get better soon, keep us updated as to whats going on. You got my number, call me if you need anything or just want to talk!
Old 06-09-2016, 02:04 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road

Sad News....Let's hope it's just a speed bump. Tell you're Dad to make a speedy recovery. Keep on Trucking.
Bo
Old 06-09-2016, 02:43 PM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

Alex, best wishes for a speedy recovery for your Dad. Never fun to watch someone you love suffer.

Ken
Old 06-09-2016, 03:27 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Wishin your dad the best , Alex .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:32 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

All the best wishes for your dad and I hope he gets better soon.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 06-09-2016, 10:57 PM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road

Wishing your dad a speedy recovery....

Rob
Old 06-09-2016, 11:14 PM
Green Horn

crisis time is on a distinguished road

Wishing all the best for your Father Alex
speedy recovery
Old 06-10-2016, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

Wishing your dad all the best and a speedy recovery. Was wondering why I hadn't heard from him. As I told him, no hurry. His health comes first and foremost.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:25 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

I hope your Dad recovers soon. Ed
Old 06-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Green Horn

firefighter30 is on a distinguished road

Hope your dad feels better soon will keep him in our thoughts and prayers

Member of the East Coast Mini Truckers
Old 06-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Green Horn

Thanks all! Really do appreciate it, as does Dad! Last I heard from Mom he is on his way home from the hospital today....which is good news I guess....but still no real answer of what is going on exactly. Last major thing they did was give him a new steroid shot for the headaches, which seemed to do the trick as last night was his first decent night's sleep in over a week. My brother, sister, and I have agreed that resting in his own bed and being at home is probably the best medicine at this point, but we really think he needs to go in and have a closer examination of his heart done in the near future, beyond a run of the mill EKG.

Anyhow, long story short I plan on going over to Mom/Dad's after work tonight and checking in on them. I'm sure we'll be able to rig up a laptop in front of him in that recliner so he can get his RC Truck and Construction fix, but some rest is in order first I think!

Once again you guys are awesome, between these responses, phone calls, texts, etc.......it's really like a family around here, it truly is! Not only is there phenomenal talent on this site, but a lot of care and compassion as well!

You all have a great weekend, and I'll tell Dad you said hello!

-Alex
Old 06-10-2016, 04:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

glad to hear he is feeling better!! being sick sucks but not knowing whats wrong is the pits
Old 06-10-2016, 04:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

When I first saw the title I thought a buy or sell comment but then I noticed it was in the general discussion area and my heart skipped
So glad he's feeling better and able to go home. A hospital is the worst place to be when your not feeling well , well, seems like it here in Canada.
i think the best medicine would be a road trip up to my place and have some fun in the park and say hi again haven't seen you guys since 2012 thanks to my border issue.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:08 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
When I first saw the title I thought a buy or sell comment but then I noticed it was in the general discussion area and my heart skipped
So glad he's feeling better and able to go home. A hospital is the worst place to be when your not feeling well , well, seems like it here in Canada.
i think the best medicine would be a road trip up to my place and have some fun in the park and say hi again haven't seen you guys since 2012 thanks to my border issue.
That would truly make his day Mario!! I don't know how many times Dad mentions a road trip up to your place! He and I need to get our butts in gear and get those passports renewed....his expired just a year or so ago, mine even longer than that! Course getting to your side isn't the issue, it's getting back....although being stuck at Mario's playing RC Trucks probably wouldn't be a problem! We both love your layout!!!

Thanks again guys!
Old 06-10-2016, 06:02 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

Alex, terry, cooper of course your family. Pops has always been there for us. Keeping you all in our thoughts here in ship she.

Best wishes around. This will get figured out in no time.

Sincerely, brother Izzy
Old 06-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

Wishing and hoping a speedy recovery for your pops! Nothing more important then having a caring family by your side
Old 06-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Hoping Terry the best, get well and back to your old self soon.
Old 06-18-2016, 09:11 PM
Green Horn

Hey all, update on Dad (FabOne).....He had been home for a about a week and at times it seemed like his health was coming around, but then yesterday afternoon he began having shortness of breath. So Mom brought him down to the ER, where they finally started to make some headway, and discovered a few blood clots in his lungs and one larger clot in his right pulmonary artery. It was some shocking news for us all, especially for Dad! But he has an awesome attitude and keeps mentioning prayer and how lucky he is when it comes to family. We aren't 'happy' about this latest development, but at least it's a step in the right direction as far as figuring out what's going on! He is on thinners and meds to dissolve the clot. He's talking and in pretty good spirits. I've been doing my best to keep him up to date on all your builds and news! That keeps him going!! Says to tell everyone hi and thanks for thinking of him! We really appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers that have been sent this way! It'll be an odd Father's Day, but nonetheless spent the same way....hanging out with Dad! Take 'er easy everybody, will keep you posted as things progress!

-Alex