RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 06-01-2016, 03:05 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

Now warmer weather, been hauling out the north side the last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPil1RGQ8WA

Did some measuring yesterday, where the 850 sits - a lil more dirt to be excavated, but where the B50 sits - might have to build up 2 - 3 inches. That'd be using a 14 degree incline with a total ramp length of 23 feet... the grade the B50 is climbing in the video is 20 - 21 degree. The very top of the ramp needs to go back 2 feet. Using the clinometer on my phone with two pieces of steel rod, visegrips on vertical rod @12", slid other rod back & forth to determine what distance per foot = what degree incline... 14 degree = 46 inches length... not too bad of a grade for the trks to pull, but I'll probably need to lay down asphalt shingles to keep the haul trks from wearing down the roadway too quickly.

Joe
Old 06-06-2016, 10:13 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Good job joe-you have moved a lot of dirt in a short period of time. Your equipment must be working great. When you started this I thought it was a multi-year project but maybe not. I am enjoying the videos!!

Last edited by modelman; 06-06-2016 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:22 AM
BANNED

Thanx Tom. The equipment has worked exceptionally well with only a few minor repairs that were fixed same day. Initially the dig has been quick, but lately has slowed down greatly with precision digging.

It took many lipos to cut this section of the wall straight.

Decided to go back another 4 foot, this should make the dirt ramp something less than 14 degree.

The 1st step has a depth of 8 inch & LxW 36x12... onto the next step with same dimensions.

I'll get a couple of sheets of 1/2" pws on Monday to cap the dirt stairs with. I still have a small pile of pea gravel left over from last summer's cement work, a short haul to the east of shop to use for base under the wood steps.

Joe
Old 06-12-2016, 01:56 AM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

joe are your stair standard measurement of 7.5 inch rise and 10.5 inch tread ?
Old 06-12-2016, 02:05 PM
BANNED

I gave the measurement above, so... no, but close enough. I got the measurement from 3 different sets of stairs in my house.

Joe
Old 06-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I gave the measurement above, so... no, but close enough. I got the measurement from 3 different sets of stairs in my house.
Good thing you didn't mess up and built it in scale 1:14

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:07 AM
BANNED

Not too much accomplished in the last month... weather is too nice outside to spend much time inside.

Quite a bit of rain in June & just not having any luck getting a hold of eave trough guy, the excess rain was starting to wash the dirt away from the tunnel wall laid down this sheet of plastic June 27th & no more water problems since.

Joe
Old 08-01-2016, 01:09 AM
BANNED

You can see the eroded the cement pillar, 2nd from the end wall, better view of it in the vid. Month ago I propped a sheet of pws against pillar & shovel a lot of dirt in behind, not all of it stuck though. Those cement pillars go down 12 feet, so no worries of it moving.

The orange string you see (baler twine), once I get the bottom dug out, set the string in place so I have something to eyeball as I cut the ramp to a more favorable grade, about 12 degrees.

Starting the 3rd row on the pile

quick vid from today's activities

https://youtu.be/ejYH_3f4dgg

Joe
Old 10-04-2016, 11:11 PM
BANNED

I cut that hump out at the top of the ramp which made for a much more favorable grade @17 degree, not sure yet if it's the final grade till I get the very bottom dug out, much easier pulling loads out now with next to nothing rolling off back of adt.

Joe
Old 10-04-2016, 11:27 PM
Apprentice

TheBennyB is on a distinguished road

Too awesome. Need to get yourself a swiveling captains chair in there. Too much serious work going to be squatting on a 5 gal with a throw pillow!
Old 10-05-2016, 12:19 AM
BANNED

HAH! I'm easy to please & it's easy to move around.

Joe
Old 10-05-2016, 07:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Looks good Joe, So what are you going to do all winter? Found the picture of the snow, figured with the way the radar looked you were getting a little white up there.

Last edited by TRUCKMAKER; 10-05-2016 at 07:23 AM.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:04 PM
BANNED

Oh there's lots of digging to do yet Kent & with digging on two different grades it's really tricky & slow for the 850 to maneuver in the confined space. Plus I got a shyt ton of building to do this winter for what comes next after the tunnel is completed.

Kinda looking forward to getting out of this wet sticky clay too, it's really hard on tracked equip with the tracks gummed up all the time... I've lost count of the number of times I've taken the 850 tracks off to soak in water to dissolve the packed clay from them.

Joe
Old 10-05-2016, 10:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

wow its looking great Joe!!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 10-13-2016, 02:53 PM
BANNED

3 or 4 more stairs to cut in yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEdS9RhAfUk

Joe
Old 11-17-2016, 04:53 PM
BANNED

Doing a lil dozer work today flattening out the piles so the B50 can climb & start piling on the next layer.

Did a bit measuring in the tunnel today too, I think it's + - 2cyd to the finish line, could be done by xmas.

Joe
Old 11-18-2016, 05:40 AM
Green Horn

Hofabooz is on a distinguished road

Hi Joe

Look forward to more progress on your work as time allows.
Great work as ever and you will have to come up with a tunnel break through completion ceremony.
Thanks for posting

Mark

Over the Pond in the UK

Member of Ribble Valley Radio Controlled Truck Club

my weather station
Old 11-18-2016, 07:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Joe, What are you going to do with all the dirt piled that high?
Old 11-19-2016, 10:27 AM

mog is on a distinguished road

your sure are making a nice head way. next year we are going to have some dirt at the show again.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:17 PM
BANNED

I suppose that'll be the 1st load hauling out of basement video Mark via the new "think of name" tunnel... got any ideas?

Screen & crush Kent to keep the rc activities going... plus there's still 30 some cubes to come out of the basement floor yet so I'm not dinging my melon on the ceiling anymore.

Thanx Martin... these late late fall harvests need to come to an end soon so I can get out to the show again.

Started today cutting final grade on the ramp, 1" in spots to 1' in others... it sure would've been nice if that grinder idea I had last yr would've worked better. Hopefully I don't create too many potholes with the ripper.

Joe