RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: D9R and 463 pull scraper

I don't Know about scaling perfectly but a couple of your vids with the D9 I'd swear it's the real machine . I think you're doing a fine job with the detail :chug: some time the scaling can be trouble some like I found out I got the necks to short on my scrapers cause I couldn't find dim. so I scaled the comparable cat (627) and improvised

IHSteve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

yea i get what your saying on wanting the true scale of the parts and wantiing the whole thing acurate i do agree but if you look at mine it is as true as i can build at this time and i messed up on my scraper too on the neck even the second time around i made it too short cuz of the pics i had and there was no good way to get an acurate measurement i wound up stretching the neck onit the other night and things didn't line up so they are as close as i can possibly get it when i am finished it won't be seen ....it's a model and usually models are a close resemblence get a plastic car model if you really look at them they are just a close resemblance not completaly acturate ......sorry my spelling is so bad Joe all in all i think your models are a great thing to look at and i can only wish to have half your skills and talent your dozer and your scraper looks great and i know your dozer works great can't wait for video with the pan keep up the great work i always look forword to your builds they are always done with great acuracy even if some parts are as you say faking them they still function all we can do is get them close and if we enjoy them thats what they are for
Old 09-18-2010, 05:29 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the boost, Steve and Henry.

Sorry for the late reply guys but I have been playing with my new Grandson (5 lbs 2 oz.) man he is amazing.

Still waiting on my quick connects, there was a little problem on there end but the rest is ready when I get them. I'm ready to see if it is going to work right and heap up a load.

Can anyone tell me what size screw the pressure adjustment is on the pump, and how much to turn it up? I had that info on the gt forum but........
Old 09-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Dozer Builder

congradulations with getting a grandson I found rubber stalk it is in a few sizes i can give you the all the sizes if your interested but they come in 2 feet by 2 feet and only a few thicknesses 1 inch 2 inch 3 inch the 3 inch 2x2 is 160 $ i don't think it is that bad that and given the fact for me to get it is cash and carry lol and the place makes it so it is plentiful
Old 09-20-2010, 09:16 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks, HENRY.
Got 4 of these in earlier.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Dozer Builder

nice hardware those are nice gettin closer
Old 09-21-2010, 01:38 AM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 View Post
Thanks for the boost, Steve and Henry.

Sorry for the late reply guys but I have been playing with my new Grandson (5 lbs 2 oz.) man he is amazing.

Still waiting on my quick connects, there was a little problem on there end but the rest is ready when I get them. I'm ready to see if it is going to work right and heap up a load.

Can anyone tell me what size screw the pressure adjustment is on the pump, and how much to turn it up? I had that info on the gt forum but........
Hey Joe You may want to hook a gauge and do a little trial and error and see what works best..There is an metric allan screw underneath the cap screw but cant remember the size...should be pretty easy to find the right one that fits...I went about a 1/4 turn at a time til i thought the pressure was satisfactory...When i first was using my hoe The boom cyclinders had trouble lifting up the front of the tracks..i probably should have used a guage..Im hoping that leimbach pump will be able to handle that ejector..thats going to br quite a bit of weight...Clippard has a formula in there catolog that give you an idea of what kind of pounds those cyclinders will produce @ ? psi ..anyway i will wish you luck and hope it works out well

Hey nice little couplers ..are those double shut off and where did you source them?
Old 09-21-2010, 08:11 PM

My problem is the size of the allen screw, I beleive it was striped when I got it because nothing will fit it, too big or too small.

The ejector has been my biggest fear all along on this project. It rest totally on bearing and moves very easy but I think one grain of sand get's in between their and the bowl and the cylinder is going to struggle.

The quick connects are double shut-off from Rectus Tema. They are 3mm ID x10mm OD, will operate up to 250 psi. and max is 500 psi. 1.5 gpm flow. Their nice little units.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Dozer Builder

Joe, i for got i was gonna see if i could talk you into a hook on the rear of your pan so then i could push with the 14 to help load your pan then you could pull the 14 to help load it lol ....we would have to do some measuring on your push block highth and the front end highth of the 14 so i would know where to place the bail on the front or i could just make it adjustable i guess lol
Old 09-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Green Horn

chaseracer is on a distinguished road

wow, amazing work, I have been following these builds from the other forum.
I can't get enough your dozer, that thing is awesome. great job keep the builds comming.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:32 AM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Hey joe now that you mention that greg and i had problems setting up my last pump...Theres a chance it could be torx as well...I think we ended up using a small flat screwdriver ...i think they were set factory so people wouldnt mess with pressure
Old 09-23-2010, 01:17 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I think it's a #7 torx... I have both metric & sae allen wrenches, I forget which one I used. Yeah, as Lou said, it's Leimbach's way of making their pumps tamper proof. Great idea Lou to use a small flat tip screwdriver.

All this talk about "push/pull" with two different rc machines reminds me of the radio interference problems you guys will likely have with rubbing metal surfaces of two different models together.

I had trouble with my KH dump trk & pup, had to add a wire screwed to the tongue on the pup with a female slide clip & screwed a flat piece of metal to the hitch plate on back of trk so the two pieces were permantly grounded all the time. Otherwise, the slop in the pintle hook & loop caused the trk to go crazy.

You may have to do add a grounding wire to your dozer/scraper Joe.

Whenever I get my own scraper functional, I was thinking I'll slide a piece of pvc tube over the rear push bar on scraper so when the dozer pushes, the pvc will act as an insulator between the metal models.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I think it's a #7 torx... I have both metric & sae allen wrenches, I forget which one I used. Yeah, as Lou said, it's Leimbach's way of making their pumps tamper proof. Great idea Lou to use a small flat tip screwdriver.

All this talk about "push/pull" with two different rc machines reminds me of the radio interference problems you guys will likely have with rubbing metal surfaces of two different models together.

I had trouble with my KH dump trk & pup, had to add a wire screwed to the tongue on the pup with a female slide clip & screwed a flat piece of metal to the hitch plate on back of trk so the two pieces were permantly grounded all the time. Otherwise, the slop in the pintle hook & loop caused the trk to go crazy.

You may have to do add a grounding wire to your dozer/scraper Joe.

Whenever I get my own scraper functional, I was thinking I'll slide a piece of pvc tube over the rear push bar on scraper so when the dozer pushes, the pvc will act as an insulator between the metal models.

Would the RC interference be a problem while using the 2.4GHZ radio's???
Old 09-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road

Good choise of connectors, Joe. As you know I have same for my D8, use them both for Scraper/ripper and blade (have to remove blade to get machine out of work shop). They have a 6mm version but then only the female connector has shut of function.
I don´t follow the problem with r/c in 2 models, are you supposed to have seperat radio for scraper? If not, I can´t see the problem.
The IMC models of D11 was shown in their video pushing double heading without any problem. Back in those days it was normal radios (35mhz or).
Dan
Old 09-23-2010, 03:05 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I don't know Steve. If 2.4 is the answer, then I'll be buying all new radios.

It's just what I've experienced with my own models Dan. Even if I bump the bucket of the excavator or wheel loader on the metal box of the adt, sometimes either/or or both models will glitch.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Joe how are those quick connects working out for you? I see you got it all painted up how close to done are you? You will have to put a heavy piece of plastic on the push bar so Henry can push you if the going gets tough. Ed
Old 09-23-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by td9clyde View Post
Joe, i for got i was gonna see if i could talk you into a hook on the rear of your pan so then i could push with the 14 to help load your pan then you could pull the 14 to help load it lol ....we would have to do some measuring on your push block highth and the front end highth of the 14 so i would know where to place the bail on the front or i could just make it adjustable i guess lol
No Henry, these weren't meant for that setup, just going to leave it like it is. Besides, it's has enough design flaws.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseracer View Post
wow, amazing work, I have been following these builds from the other forum.
I can't get enough your dozer, that thing is awesome. great job keep the builds comming.
Thanks chaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Joe how are those quick connects working out for you? I see you got it all painted up how close to done are you? You will have to put a heavy piece of plastic on the push bar so Henry can push you if the going gets tough. Ed
Hooking them up this weekend and give it a test run.

I don't see having a problem with interference with just the scraper, because it is just hydraulics going to it. There is no electics in the scraper.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:06 PM

wayne9428 is on a distinguished road

Hey dirtpusher why can't you modify the body and the tracks and make your own model that will be a dirtpuser special
Old 09-24-2010, 01:11 PM

wayne9428 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_farmer View Post
Joe that is great to be reconized by both of them. Cat is very hard to get licensed by. The 10% is the usual take, but for the other Co. to want 20% is rather high. You do GREAT work!
Why can't you just modify change the body and do some modification to the tracks andmake your own model and call it the dirtpuser special.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne9428 View Post
Why can't you just modify change the body and do some modification to the tracks andmake your own model and call it the dirtpuser special.
I think they look a lot better when they resemble the real thing.

I got this thing working except that the crowd want's to move first then the apron do to path of least resistence.(they work off the same valve) So it will cause problems loading and unloading but I have one idea to try tomorrow if that don't work I don't know what to do short of puting another valve in but it wouldn't be proportional. Any ideas?