RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Green Horn

chaseracer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Volvo EC300D

looks great
Old 07-06-2013, 09:55 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
I'm not sure what the issue is but sometimes the pump doesn't start when you pull a lever. This happened before with the old setup too but not in the first few months of use. I went to use it a xmas after it had sat a couple months and this started happening. Not sure if something has happened to the gear channel(pump runs of it) or what but the servos still operate the valves...few seconds later and away we go....

Reg
I see from your videos that your pump is allowed to shut off completely from no stick movement... the surge of amps from the esc to even start these larger outrunner motors is pretty high and when it stops working, your esc is in thermal protection mode. I had this trouble too when I 1st got my 850 running.

To correct the issue, set the "on" side of the gear switch to 20 - 30%. Using mix, the pump will ramp up to the higher speeds with stick movement, and then will never go too slow with slight stick movement, saving your esc from much unnecessary heat build up.

Joe
Old 07-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I see from your videos that your pump is allowed to shut off completely from no stick movement... the surge of amps from the esc to even start these larger outrunner motors is pretty high and when it stops working, your esc is in thermal protection mode. I had this trouble too when I 1st got my 850 running.

To correct the issue, set the "on" side of the gear switch to 20 - 30%. Using mix, the pump will ramp up to the higher speeds with stick movement, and then will never go too slow with no stick movement, saving your esc much unnecessary heat build up.
Thanks Joe, I'll give it a try! Is there a way to set it up like that and still be able to turn the pump off? The way I have it now the pump is either pinned at full rpm with the gear switch down, and in the up position it is off until a stick or the knob is touched. I would like to be able to switch the pump off completely if I have it set to run at low rpm while in use with no stick movement.

Thanks, Reg
Old 07-06-2013, 10:45 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

The gear switch is two position switch, which is why said the "on" side set to 20 - 30%. If you want slower speeds with stick movement, turn your mix switch off (upper right corner of my radio).

I have my 850 on a DX18 now, but even when on the DX8 I had the pump on a 3pos switch & never used the 3rd pos anyway for highest speed, the mix would take care of that.

And I set my throttle ch (boom lift) to always go full speed with/without mix within the programming b/c I need full power & flow to lift with any sort of speed... can't remember off the top of my head how I did that... but otherwise dig loose material with the mix off too conserve battery run time.

Joe
Old 07-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks Joe. I started to change things a bit this morning but I decided to leave it for another day. I did manage to try out the new digging bucket though. This pump motor set up makes such a horrible vibration at medium speeds. It really drives me crazy. I'm using a love joy coupling but I think I may make a solid sleeve to try. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI3tP8vGCSQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-F53RRfqUA

I got a start on the clean up bucket today but didn't get a chance to finish it...

Here's a picture of my 150amp torch. I normally use a #4 cup and change the tungsten to match the amperage as required.

Reg
Old 07-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Journeyman

Hemi1966 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Reg
What tungsten do you use with aluminium ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi1966 View Post
Thanks Reg
What tungsten do you use with aluminium ?
Uh..yep...Haha I forget...I use pure tungsten but there is another one too and I forget what its called. I'll try to figure it out.

I finished up the clean up bucket tonight. Pretty basic buckets but they should do the trick!

Reg
Old 01-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road

Those new buckets look great !!!

Do you have any more pics of the slip ring you made??? (need some ideas for my shovel)

KP
Old 02-20-2014, 12:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Had the toys out briefly yesterday to fill in a pothole on our driveway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drQIa...tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOC5-...tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
Old 02-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Volvo EC300D

Hi Reg nice work on the buckets and your welds are getting better all the time. I hear that noise you pump makes on the video. I let mine run wide open just like a real one would unless they are doing some real tight work. I use 4S 6000 batteries and they run a long time. Joe ran my excavator at York Cabin Fever and ran it quit a while on 1 battery before I changed it. Keep up the good work. Ed
Old 02-22-2014, 04:25 AM

aussie mack is on a distinguished road

whens the quick coupler coming reg :P
Old 05-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I left one pile of dirt in the yard from my little S10 dump so that i could spread some of it out with the RC's. The weather finally turned really nice again yesterday so in the evening when I was tired of working in the shop I got the Volvo and the Euclid out for an hour or more of playtime. I haven't ran the excavator for quite a bit so i was definitely out of practice but at least everything worked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBGt...tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM9e...tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPi2...tJ-DusnO8Onw7A

Reg