RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Truck Building Tech

Truck Building Tech Covers mechanical and electrical components for truck modeling

Old 09-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Hydraulics for trucks - questions

Guys, been thinking about adding a simple hydraulic system to my Wedico. I'm short on space and was looking for a smaller hydraulic pump, which I can remotely mount inside a fuel tank. Wedico already has a remote hydraulic tank that is basically a sealed fuel tank, but for oil. I thought it would nice to fit a reversable hydraulic pump in the other tank. That way I don't need valves and I can hook up the lines to a trailer for hydraulic functions and keep the pump on the tractor. Has anyone found a smaller pump like that? I have a Wedico pump but it does not quite fit into a hollow fuel tank. Maybe I can fit a Stahl pump and remove the attached tank, for remote one? Just looking for ideas and input. Thanks!
Old 09-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hydraulics for trucks - questions

Nathan , you could get the landing gear pump from India http://www.umstech.in/product_detail...ord_2010933952
Brian (in PA) has the pump on his day cab in the tank but his bed driffs when up .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Steve. Boy, that pump looks like its just the ticket! On the drifting, I assume that you are refering to the dump box drifting down, once the pump is shut off?
Old 09-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Right on I never got around to getting 1 just a little weary of the shipping . though ed(jammer ) and brian did not seem to have trouble . I'm still thinking about it for my 5900 tractor .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Apprentice

Finster is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that link for that pump. Looking around on their site they seem to have a "kit" which might end up more cost effective.

kit for 2 wheel hydraulics

It also seems to include a "one-way" valve which might help holding the box up and not letting it drift down. Of course I'm not sure about that...
Old 09-03-2010, 04:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Right on I never got around to getting 1 just a little weary of the shipping . though ed(jammer ) and brian did not seem to have trouble . I'm still thinking about it for my 5900 tractor .
Boy, for the size and flow, it's hard to beat. I remember seeing Brian's movie. That thing raised the trailer in no time! I wonder if the pump is a gear pump or a radial pump?