RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: new project daycab aeromax

Well I picked this up from a member on scale4x4. They had just cut sleeper off and thats it. Now that I'm settled in a little better in the new home I'm going to give it a go on actually FINISHING a build.

As the title states a daycab aeromax will be the beginning, followed up with one of two ideas. Possibly going with a box delivery truck or stretching it out and just cleaning up the frame and mounts etc etc. As in capping the rails giving it a nice smooth look and of course full lighting and some aluminum goodies.

Anyway heres a few starter pics that i took, started with full teardown and cleaning of the entire truck.

Cut off sleeper and cleaned up edges and installed template peice for cab back.

side view of cab

Quick shot with the box laying on frame not to sure on the size compared to cab.

front view

Well I still have a lot of work to do but any and all input would be great on what you guys think. I would like to know if anyone else has any pics of an aero day cab, I saw a truck in the photos from the ECMT meet this past weekend but could not find anY build info on it, (tri-axle day cab), if anyone knows the owner that would be sweet. Anyway I'm not sure on the box yet, sizing looks off to me but then again it may be right.
Thanks for looking and I'll be sure to keep you posted on any updates

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by scalelover; 03-17-2011 at 10:39 PM.