RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 09-12-2010, 01:32 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Hydraulic Pump Motor Control Options

Lots of options for hydra motor control to conserve battery consumption.

Turn pump on/off via remote

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...-BATTLSW1.html

This esc works great for tracked models, but you can also turn off the "mix" feature and run two motors seperately. I use this esc in my articulated dump trk to propel it for/rev and operate the hydra pump. If I were using a better radio I would "mix" the proportional channels of the valves with the hydra pump, but currently I'm using the ratchet stick to control hydra pump rpm manually.

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...ER2X10-RC.html

This is the "auto sense" that Nathan refers to. The slightless bit of movement of the vlaves for oil flow and the hydra pump activates, but you have to have the valves perfectly centered or the pump will never shut off. If I recall correctly, it's about 2 or 3 second delay with no valve movement before the hydra pump turns off.

http://www.leimbach-modellbau.de/start.html

(scroll down left header to LKW Zubehor and click Pumpenbaustein)

Here's a handy translator to read foreign sites.
http://translate.google.com/#de|en|
Old 09-12-2010, 04:58 AM
Journeyman

Hemi1966 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hydraulic Pump Motor Control Options

Servonaut BMA is very similar to what Leimbach offers.
http://www.tematik.de/servonaut/Prod...r/BMA/bma.html
I have few of those in use. It works nice with Servonaut SMT soundmodule: when the hd-pump starts it will increase the engine revolutions like in the real thing. It will also make the engine sound like it´s under a load when the hd-cylinders move.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Green Horn

Thorsteenster is on a distinguished road

Nice find on those ESC's! Robotics is a great source of parts for custom RC's.

Here's a link to the "auto sense"
http://www.leimbach-modellbau.de/Pumpenbaustein.html

Usually in sites like that you can open the link in a new tab and get the URL to paste.

Last edited by Thorsteenster; 09-12-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:38 AM
BANNED

I have no experience with Servonaut, but have heard many good things of them, a much more refined electronic product for precise radio control... it's good to meet another who has Hemi1966, should I ever choose to aquire any of their products I won't have to learn any hard lessens while trying to decipher the german instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsteenster View Post
Usually in sites like that you can open the link in a new tab and get the URL to paste.
Great tip, thanx Thor.

Last edited by Lil Giants; 09-12-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Great information Joe. Glad you saw the other thread and posted all this!
Old 09-12-2010, 04:08 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

How would I wire up an ESC to the pump to shut it off when not in use? I'm more than likely going to need this option when I start pulling this 48 lb, scraper around.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Joe wire it to a 3 way switch Ole told me that. Ed
Old 09-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Joe I got a Servonaut S20 for the loader and it is in English how to hook it up. Ed

Last edited by JAMMER; 09-12-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:27 PM
BANNED

Wire the pump motor just the same as you would a drive motor for a track. Though I wouldn't connect the rx lead to a 3 pos switch ch on the radio b/c it would defeat the purpose of using an esc, might as well just use the battle switch relay instead, full on or full off.

On the radio, if you have a proportional dial switch, plug the pump esc into that ch so you can set the pump motor rpm's/rate of hyd flow to where you feel it works well for you. Or if you understand "dual rates" and your radio has that capability, then you can tune your pump to activate when a servo/valve is activated. Read the instructions that came with your radio thoroughly to figure out the dual rates option, it'll explain it much clearer than anyone here can.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:42 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

So I would wire my pump power wires into the battle switch and then plug in the wire from the battle switch into what ever channel on the rx I was going to use to turn the pump on and off with, right? I do have duel rates on my radio, so I would tune it with that, correct? Remember Joe, my extent of electrical is turn the switch on, if that doesn't work I'm lost. lol
Old 09-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Heres a vid of how it works...gona have to study my manual to see if i can give it a whirl...gone save an extra channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cju6hbueaOg
Old 09-12-2010, 10:50 PM
BANNED

I thought you already had the battle switch Joe, no?

The battle switch is an on/off relay. To wire it in to turn pump on/off, splice into the negative wire between the pump and main switch (cut the wire in half) and place each bared end into the relay terminals. There's three terminals on this relay, you only use two of them. You can either turn on relay to activate/close electrical loop to turn on pump or you can use the other side so when you turn off relay, it closes electrical loop to turn on pump. Instructions come with it and they are very easy to follow. Electronics is not my friend either, but even I can do this much.

If you wish to program your radio so your pump/valves work just like Ole's dozer, then you'll need to wire your electric pump motor to an esc for variable rate/proportional control. You can wire the pump's esc into the same exsisting battery that runs your dozer currently or from a seperate battery. If the esc has BEC capabilities, then just remove the red wire from the rx lead before installing into the receiver b/c your receiver is already getting power from your tracks esc.

You're going to St Louis in a few months, get your items together now to take with you and surely one of the guys there will know how to wire it up... if you really don't want to do it yourself, but it's really quite simple.

Last edited by Lil Giants; 09-12-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:41 PM

Yeah, I forgot I had wired it in back when I first built everything and took it out when trying to set the winch up. So all I had to do is hook it back up. I don't ever have to go in there except to charge the bat, so wasn't sure what was in there still. Thanks for the reply, Joe.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:02 PM

Blender is on a distinguished road

I just played around with a radio mix from the valves to the pump rpm. That's a great way to set it up. I gave the pump a low idle around 10%, then moving the valves increases pump rpm as high as needed. My hydraulics run even cooler now and it sounds really neat.

I'm impressed.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:13 PM

fuzzy is on a distinguished road

you gave my oneway esc something to do on my excavator pump thanks for tip
Old 04-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Joe, this is great info can you make it a sticky?

I missed it when I posted my pump question.

"No load is too Small"
Old 04-21-2011, 09:30 PM

aseejr is on a distinguished road

Why would you use an ESC as opposed to a switch?

Albert
Old 04-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

I asked the same question Albert. With an excavator or a model with hyd steer cyl's as long as you are using the model you are using the pump. To me it is also redundant to varie the speed of the pump as the spool is a variable control if the speed controller is linear with the servo movement then at a low input with a heavy load in a bucket you would not have the psi for fine control when a higher psi is still needed. On my track loader I use an rc on-off switch to shut the pump off if i want to take a break. Just my thoughts.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 04-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseejr View Post
Why would you use an ESC as opposed to a switch?

Albert
I think it might be better for the pump if it is running slowly when it goes to full power than to just turn all all the time from a dead stop.

"No load is too Small"
Old 04-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallHaul View Post
I think it might be better for the pump if it is running slowly when it goes to full power than to just turn all all the time from a dead stop.
Full sized equipment recommend full rpm for full pump out put as to not starve the hyd components and also not to over demand the pump. I would think the same hyd principles would apply to our stuff as well and if it is a heat issue you are concerned about a hyd cooler is a cheaper and more effective solution.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11