RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:33 AM

540-MAN is on a distinguished road
Default I need help!!

Hi guys I need some help on this, I can't access this site on my home computer it keeps coming up as this website can not be found. I checked the spelling of the website link about 3 times and comes up with the same thing over and over. It only started doing it when I downloaded AVG anti virus as my nortons expired. The only way I can access it is on my iPhone.

Just wondering if anybody can pin point the problem of what it could be.

Thanks
Shaun
Old 09-14-2011, 07:21 AM

IMR-620 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I need help!!

Hi mate i had problem like this a while back. i removed all my norton and avg software firstly.restarted then reinstall avg let it update.the avg software should sort out the firewall settings.once i let the software work it self out i was able to access the forum i was wanting.

hope this will help

cheers
mick
Old 09-15-2011, 02:11 AM

Thanks Mick I'll have to try this when I get home tonight after work and see how I go.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:30 AM

I have done what was said but it is still not working it is coming up now can not communicate with rctruckandconstruction.com (38.101.42.51) network diagnostic pinged the remote host but did not receive a response this computer is starting to piss me off I'm ready to chuck it out the door.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:38 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

Have you called customer support yet, you have to log a call with them first before we can look into this problem, may take a day or two before they get back to you LOL

Cheers Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:42 AM
CEO of bend over motors."WE DRIVE IT HOME!"

spudd has a spectacular aura aboutspudd has a spectacular aura about

I had the same thing when I changed from norton
I had to reload 3 times befor I could access eBay
Old 09-15-2011, 11:32 AM

Tracy I have done that and they said there are no problems with your Internet they said it could be the site itself but I did ask them why can I access it on my iPhone and they couldn't answer me thats stupid 3 mobile broadband for ya.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Green Horn

Car5858 will become famous soon enoughCar5858 will become famous soon enough

Shaun, I had a problem like this a few years ago. My AutoCad was being removed by nortons. I had to change the anti virus software. After many problems I was instructed to download the Nortons removal tool, it seems that using the add remove programs from the control panel leaves many norton programs running on your workstation.

I would recomend that you try this. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/U...val-Tool.shtml
It may help.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:49 AM

Hi everyone again even though I'm back on but still doing it off my iPhone. I went and brought a brand new computer and it still doesnt let me access this site which is starting to get up my goat i wish somebody could help me with this. Are there any thought?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Im assuming you are using a wireless router? I would go into your router setting and make sure that no proxies or https settings are set. I recomend writing down your network name and wep key and do a factory reset on the router. let me know if that worked.. reset your modem when you reset your router too
Old 05-21-2012, 11:23 AM

I have a USB mobile Internet stick.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:26 PM

hmmmm... what if you try to put firefox on your pc and see if you can get in that way? it sounds like a proxy/firewall rule issue. maybe boot the computer in safe mode with networking and see if you can get in that way too.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Man, to have any two different anti-virus packages on a machine can cause issues. They tend to clash. You should always completely remove the old one before installing the new one.

You may already know this, but just in case: This should be done by Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - Select the program and uninstall. Some people just delete the shortcuts thinking that removes the whole program.

Try completely uninstalling all antivirus packages this way and then resinstall just AVG from scratch. AVG is actually pretty good, I have been using it for years and I am in the IT business.

If it is still not working, as dabears said, try another browser. Firefox is great, I myself use Google Chrome as I find it to be the fastest and most reliable browser with good crash recovery etc.

Lastly, if you are using Internet Explorer, go to the task bar and click Tools / Internet Options, select the security tab, then the sites button and add http://rctruckandconstruction.com as a trusted site. Make sure it is not in the restricted sites list. Then click the Privacy tab and again add this site to the sites list. Put the privacy setting to medium.

If that doesn't work smash your computer to pieces with a large hammer and get a new one, that's what I would probably do! HA!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:43 PM

That's the thing I have a new computer and only one antivirus running on it I'll have to try the other ways when I get home and see what happens.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:48 PM

I agree with swagger. i do bussiness and resi internet and IT work for Comcast all day.. Its gotta be a weird setting somewhere... the fact that the new computer is doing it confuses me a little.. it should be working right out the box and be able to go on. keep us posted
Old 05-22-2012, 02:12 AM

Yeah that's what I thought with a new computer.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:14 AM

Ok tryed everything that was said above even downloaded google chrome and it still doesnt work I think it might be time to change my internet provider because I get on my other half's laptop and it works on there and she's with vodafone and I'm with 3 mobile I might try and go back with telesta or go with vodafone. I'll have to find out how much I have left on my contract and then tell them to stick it.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:11 AM

could you call your provider and ask them what the deal is? they obviously have some sites blocked by why? that is weird.... id be calling to complain
Old 05-22-2012, 10:49 AM

Yeah going to give them a call tomorrow I think.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Screw the contract, if they are not providing the service that you are paying for then they are in breach of the contract and therefore it's null and void. I pulled that one last year and it worked. My ISP was constantly dropping the connection, only for a second or two here and there, but I work from home trough a VPN connection and it caused me ****. So two months into a 12 month contract I told them to shove it and they put their hands up and walked away. Know your rights dude, but make sure you are right first, that they are causing you problems and not giving the service you signed up for, then they have no option but to tear it up, specially if you threaten legal action. It's not worth their while.