RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2014, 02:32 AM
Journeyman

Lmackattack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mack R model ten wheeler dump

Still working on it but made a lot of progress this week...

I started on the dump box this week, its u shaped aluminum wall and floor Im using styreen for the side detail,door and bulkhead. A roof gaurd will be made after i know where the exhause stack will locate.Side boards will locate on top of the walls and a small spread pan at the rear. I used spring shackles to mount the box to the rear of the frame rails.
The bed sits on its own 20mm tall aluminum rails and will give proper clearancefor the rear axels

The lift tested good nd you can see the box has plenty of angle. I will be crossing my fingers it will lift a full load of dirt? If not i may have to revisit the lift as i still dont like how all the levrage is lost due to how far back the lift unit installs. I can't move it forward as it will interfear with the forward tandem. The drive has a u joint and the Carson lift motor is solid mounted in the truck frame rails.

I fabricated a box that will hold the battery over the motor/transmission. It's held to the frame with 4 screws so I still have easy access to the motor. A few rubber bands will keep the battery held down tight to the box
This will leave the floor space for the reciver and esc. I want as much weight over the steer axel to help with steering when its hauling a load. The cab will tilt from the front up and out of the way for access to changing the battery or electronics adjustment.

I made a cab visor and started fitting a air cleaner. The battery boxes are made and just need to mount them next to the fuel tanks.

I also got my driveshaft support bearing in and was able to test the rolling chassi for the first time.

Thanks for looking