RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks

Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks This forum is for those multiple axle trucks and other vehicles on and off road.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:56 AM

Baloo is on a distinguished road
Default Baloo's 1/10 MB 3850 (ish) Mammoth RC4WD Blackwell Beast 6WD thread

I've been meaning to post here for a while...

Here is the inspiration picture:

Now I know that isn't 6WD, heck it hasn't even got three axles but I just like the colours on it. You may also have noticed this isn't even a 3850 variant. they look like this:

So if i get it somewhere in between I'll be happy!

The first one I built was 6th scale and petrol. Too noisy and big to use. I've still got it but it is gathering dust in the garage and i'm thinking about splitting it as unsurprisingly no one seems to want to buy it as is!

Then I bought myself the beast. Here was the first iteration. It used a Tamiya body which was widened. It was great but looked to small with my other scalers so it was back to the drawing board.

Then I came across a guy called Jason on another forum. He runs a company called Customotive RC and isa very talented guy. I sent my beast to him in South Korea, nervous or what! And he sent me it back with this beauty sat atop it. Plus a spare which I'll be doing in a military theme (eventually).

I set about stripping and painting the chassis and wheels which looked like this:

I've got a box full of detail to add to this but I also need to sort out the drivetrain, rear bumper and light assembly and rear wheel fenders plus a few other bits which is going to require some custom metal fabrication. I'm tempted to have a go myself and I do have a rear bumper mocked up but it is rudimentary to say the least!

If anybody has the skills and would like to help please feel free to drop me drop me a PM.

Anyway that is all for now folks.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:57 PM

Joe25 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Baloo's 1/10 MB 3850 (ish) Mammoth RC4WD Blackwell Beast 6WD thread

Any contact info for Customotive?
Old 05-16-2015, 06:58 AM

Prop Shaft is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Baloo's 1/10 MB 3850 (ish) Mammoth RC4WD Blackwell Beast 6WD thread

That body is spot on. It's really hard to find semi truck body's that are in the true 1:10 range. I love it! Subscribed.