RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 01-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/16 'ish metal tracks for crane?

Hey smallhaul, do you need Unit cable backhoe measurement's? I have access to one like
what's in post#18. Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Neil, I met a guy at the cabin Fever show that collects Units that is only about 45 minutes from my house. So, hopefully I'll get over there very soon because I would like to start on the boom & stick right away. So many people were bending my ear at the show I don't remember if he said one of his units were hoes or not. I'll let you know. Thank you very much!

"No load is too Small"
Old 01-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

I have went to all of my contacts in the r/c tanking world and cannot find any place that has just the drive sprockets for the T-34 metal tank tracks. The sprockets do not have teeth on them like a normal tank. The tracks 'ears' actually go into the sprocket and are driven that way. I know you want metal tracks for your build but you can get a complete T-34 for just over $130 at a few places.

Lynn
Old 01-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1cat View Post
I have went to all of my contacts in the r/c tanking world and cannot find any place that has just the drive sprockets for the T-34 metal tank tracks. The sprockets do not have teeth on them like a normal tank. The tracks 'ears' actually go into the sprocket and are driven that way. I know you want metal tracks for your build but you can get a complete T-34 for just over $130 at a few places.

Lynn
Lynn, thank you VERY much for trying. I have some time before I need the tracks so, I'll just keep looking for now. I might just go with the Panzer metal track upgrade because the drive wheels sit inside a little and the tracks would have great traction for climbing up hills.

"No load is too Small"
Old 01-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

to be honest here the panzer tracks now i know what yall are talkin about would probly be the easyer and cheaper way to go and look a lil closer inless you want the 514 high walker i can do those but to actually look like the smooth pad tracks would be hard they are pinned with no links
Old 01-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by td9clyde View Post
to be honest here the panzer tracks now i know what yall are talkin about would probly be the easyer and cheaper way to go and look a lil closer inless you want the 514 high walker i can do those but to actually look like the smooth pad tracks would be hard they are pinned with no links
The more I think about it the smooth tracks wouldn't climb hills as well. I like the looks of the high walker and it would give me a little more room to work under there...Henry, I'll shoot ya a pm and see what we can come up with.

"No load is too Small"
Old 01-21-2011, 06:35 PM

Iron Art is on a distinguished road

Have you looked at the straight running conveyor belt chain, It could be cut down to just a little over 2" wide. ( McMaster Carr) Stainless or Acetate is available and the sprockets are available. Just an idea. Fred
Old 01-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

hey Scott here's what Fred talking about http://www.mcmaster.com/#table-top-c...-chain/=aoyp2d thanks for pointing that 1 out Fred

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

could just get a broken Heng Long 1:16 tank and rob the tracks and roller wheels etc from them? bulldog and pershing have similar treads. tiger, king tiger, etc have same type of track, panzer 3 and 4 have same track. there is also a winter or desert track that sticks out farther for more weight distribution. Also a whole heng long tank is like 150 to your door +/-
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
Scott, that unit is called a "High Walker" due to the dozer style tracks. These are used on pipeline jobs for traversing the steep hills and mud associated with that kind of digging conditions.
Thanks Steve, I would like it to be able to climb well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Art View Post
Have you looked at the straight running conveyor belt chain, It could be cut down to just a little over 2" wide. ( McMaster Carr) Stainless or Acetate is available and the sprockets are available. Just an idea. Fred
Thanks for the info Fred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
hey Scott here's what Fred talking about http://www.mcmaster.com/#table-top-c...-chain/=aoyp2d thanks for pointing that 1 out Fred
Thanks for the link to the links Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
could just get a broken Heng Long 1:16 tank and rob the tracks and roller wheels etc from them? bulldog and pershing have similar treads. tiger, king tiger, etc have same type of track, panzer 3 and 4 have same track. there is also a winter or desert track that sticks out farther for more weight distribution. Also a whole heng long tank is like 150 to your door +/-
I'll keep an eye out for a used one for sale that has the metal upgrade on it.

"No load is too Small"
Old 01-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

you can order the metal upgrade kits for them and all you get is metal tracks and metal drive wheel.

Metal Tiger I late tracks with ice cleats, guy also has black and silver non cleated. 99.00
http://matomart.com/prodview.php?p=729

Tank track Metal upgrade for 1/16 Scale M26 Pershing tank Black 69.60
http://matomart.com/prodview.php?p=703

http://matomart.com/product.php?c=1000007 <--- goes to the screen where you can pick upgrades for all the tanks. when you click on a tank the next screen is vendor brand option, click the blue and yellow Mato Toys one. there you will see gearboxes, tracks, etc.

I have bought like 5 tanks & numerous parts from this guy. A++
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 01-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Hey scott have you seen this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mzm1...eature=related
Old 01-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
Lou Thanks! No, I haven't seen that before. There are some really nice trucks & equipment on that guys videos.

Here is one with the cable hoe loading a truck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKZP1...eature=related

It is cool how much is going on with the bucket pivoting when the boom is extended and the flapper is neat too.

"No load is too Small"
Old 01-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

That bucket tipping at full range is interesting. Bucyrus-Erie offered an option on the cable hoes similar to that but a hydraulic ram replacing the fixed strut on the dipper to the crowd handle . It was probably more for changing the digging and dumping angle of the dipper.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

scary!~ i just ran across that video this weekend and sent that to mog lol
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 01-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
That bucket tipping at full range is interesting. Bucyrus-Erie offered an option on the cable hoes similar to that but a hydraulic ram replacing the fixed strut on the dipper to the crowd handle . It was probably more for changing the digging and dumping angle of the dipper.
Hopefully I'll be able to load trucks ok with the stock unit hoe setup without all of the dirt falling out before I get the bucket over the truck, lol. Even of I can just dig ditches with it, it should be a blast to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
scary!~ i just ran across that video this weekend and sent that to mog lol
AND you didn't send it to me. Just kidding.

I would like to send a BIG THANKS out to Greg (RCLogger) for helping me find the aluminum molding to make the track pads out of! I ordered it out of a place in Minnesota called (www.eaglemouldingsinc.com) . Thanks Greg! The guy who took the order (sounded like the owner) was asking so many questions about what I was building that he looked through my you-tube videos while I was on the phone. maybe He'll show up here sometime.

"No load is too Small"
Old 01-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

lol i just dont want to annoy people on youtube sending them videos that i dunno if they want or not :P
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 01-31-2011, 06:53 PM

mog is on a distinguished road

i have a set of metal track for my tiger and wow did it add some weght to the thing and i got metal drive's too. i was plaing to use the old tracks for a crain but that on the some day shelf and well it a BIG shelf. just ask dean he know's

Old 02-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

lol "the shelf of projects" should be its name
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 02-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Hey smallhaul, do you need Unit cable backhoe measurement's? I have access to one like
what's in post#18. Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.
Neil,

I will take you up on that offer if it still stands? The guy that was supposed to give me photos and measurements isn't answering emails, could be wrong email.

Rough measurements would be nice so that I get the boom to stick ratio close to scale. What I really need though are some pics of the the two towers attached to the Cab area and how the cable & drum setup works...? No hurry though because it will probably take me a couple of weeks just to get the drive built and working properly.

Thanks, Scott

"No load is too Small"