RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 990 cat loader

just a few pics of what I've been pecking away at here and there . I know my copper lines are ugly but lets see howw all werks then I might make them purtier

remade the deck plate since the 1st looked like dog poo after tryin to weld the rim around . So I milled it out of .75 " plate

old

new

oil vent/fill

for size comparison . I have it sitting on a 24" x 12" x 1.625" plate in the mill

thanks fer lookin back too the grindstone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:38 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road

Oh, like that last picture, start with a big chunk of alu and a good CNC machine, minutes later a ready 990, ha ha.

The model looks realy good, have had a special eye on the big one since building the 992 over 30 years ago. Not so many projects on wheel loaders, maybee because of availibility of ready to run models.

What program are you using when drawing? Is it possible to get an description of the different steps involved from drawing to machined part?

Dan
Old 06-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Nice to see someone getting work done. Now I can see a better view of what you texed me last week.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Looks great!
Old 06-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Nice work steve-looks like you are making some progress.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

WELL IF YOU GET PISSED ABOUT THIS MODEL IF THE SCALE IS OFF, JUST RAPID Z ONTO THE TOP AND SHORTEN IT SOME
Old 06-19-2012, 03:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

now thats a beautiful lookin 990 Steve! I should know, I work for a Cat dealership and as a matter of fact there is a 990 in our shop this very moment. Good loader, its been working at this mine for over 15 yrs now.... I did a complete rebuild of this machine twice now over the years....kinda funny, I wish I could build em but I just fix em. If you need any more measurements or pics, just let me know and I'll send ya what you need, I know this machine inside out.

Mario
Old 06-19-2012, 03:43 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here she is....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 990 loader.jpg (94.8 KB, 58 views)
Old 06-19-2012, 09:27 AM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
now thats a beautiful lookin 990 Steve! I should know, I work for a Cat dealership and as a matter of fact there is a 990 in our shop this very moment. Good loader, its been working at this mine for over 15 yrs now.... I did a complete rebuild of this machine twice now over the years....kinda funny, I wish I could build em but I just fix em. If you need any more measurements or pics, just let me know and I'll send ya what you need, I know this machine inside out.

Mario
thanks Mario 1 key problem area is the Z link I couldn't get good measurements off my scaled pic of all pin centers .I'm not a 100% sure I have it correct Looks like I should've punched vent holes in the hood too , looks like hood #3 in the future or a funky fixture to get hood #2 right . I kind of liked the 990G stacks instead of the stock year I went off like in the pic you have here . Thats a good pic of the fire suppression , the 1st deck plate I put it right be hind the cab which I'm using to disguise the pressure relief valve . Also good cabin interior would be great .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I hope thumbnail pics work for now. I'm using my company laptop and I dont have photo bucket yet. We currently have the steer joystick apart and its not in the photos. I can get better pics of the Z arm once machine is back up and running. Currently have the bucket held back with a few wire cables just in case we have to pull it out of the shop. I took a quick measurement of the z arm... distance from center of top pin to center is 41 1/2" . Distance from bottom pin to center is 52".
Like I say, once she's up and running I'll get some better pics for ya.
I also sent the pics to my home computer and can send them to you from there when I get back at the end of the month.
Have a great day!
Mario
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 990 loader 003.jpg (88.4 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 990 loader 004.jpg (87.9 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 990 loader 005.jpg (93.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 990 loader 006.jpg (92.8 KB, 51 views)
Old 06-21-2012, 07:00 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Doesn't take you long to carve out parts anymore Steve.. must be a great level of satisfaction to do things quickly & correctly, eh?

Joe
Old 06-21-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Doesn't take you long to carve out parts anymore Steve.. must be a great level of satisfaction to do things quickly & correctly, eh?
YES it does , Joe I love learning new things before 3 years ago I never touched a mill in my life except for looking at them at the salvage yard / liquidater . I can't wait to get this going I also got 1 of my micro pumps figured out . to put in the pan the Jung is just to big for it (very little space ) So If my cylinders work out I'll be making up the 1's for the pan and dozer sometime after indy .

Old 06-22-2012, 04:27 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

My pleasure Steve. Glad I could help with the Z arm. Looks good! Can't wait to see her running!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:40 PM

Shane is on a distinguished road

Gidday Steve.

Hey Mate, can't offer any advise though I can add to the list of many readers who have praised you on your efforts.
What a fantastic looking model and to see it comming together is a trip in itself.

Totally impressed of what can be made with the "Can Do Attitude"

Can imagine what the guys that work on or operate this machine would be thinking.

Awsome craftmanship Steve.

Shane.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Gidday Steve.

Hey Mate, can't offer any advise though I can add to the list of many readers who have praised you on your efforts.
What a fantastic looking model and to see it comming together is a trip in itself.

Totally impressed of what can be made with the "Can Do Attitude"

Can imagine what the guys that work on or operate this machine would be thinking.

Awsome craftmanship Steve.

Shane.
yeah Shane, I work on this type of loader and what I think is " wow ! I wish I could build'em like Steve."
Seeing as I can't , I like to try and help people like him get the info he needs to continue his work of art....and thats what this machine is.... a work of art!

Mario
Old 06-30-2012, 06:24 PM

Thanks Mario , Shane

well we made it to Z bar #4 and what a !@#$ it was al the way Guess thats what I get for staying up till 4 in the AM a week ago gettin it right turns out the loader arms where too small too So remade them too and thanks too having a tig the whole loader arm assmb. got welded together I still want to clean up the weld a lil better in the mill . I couldn't resist a lil paint on it either . made my Y's the old way drill press hand mill (file) and vise doo too both mills being setup for other ops . nuff BS here's some pics

I want to clean up my bucket a little more with the tig so gotta sand blast it . Pool noodle did the trick on the tires

Old 06-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road

Wow, Steve, that looks great!

Rob
Old 06-30-2012, 09:07 PM

thanks Rob

ALMOST gotta figgure the mixing on the radidio and change out a leaky robbie valve head the tolorences on these things are pathetic , must be +/- .01 with a little tinkering you can get them to work right , except for the 1 where it leaked right out the rotor stem . they should be a running fit with no sidw to side play . I got bucket and steering werkin just waitin on the slow lathe guy to get my new rams for the lift cylinders done

Old 07-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 990 cat loader (WERKING)

Way to go Steve, it can be quite frustrating I know. It makes it all worth it when it comes alive though. WOOHOO Now video please!!!!
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 07-01-2012, 01:05 PM

Default Re: 990 cat loader (WERKING)

will do Ben In the pea gravel too