RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 990 cat loader

got the oil tank on finally and the left side compartment . I should've used the lil tri-pod for the pics

thanks for looking

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

I get goosebumps looking at this thing. Love the rear tire squat! What a beast!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:38 AM
Apprentice

kerst is on a distinguished road

Looks great!

kerst
Old 05-06-2012, 04:35 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

The loader is looking great Steve, if your not careful it is going to weigh as mush as my dozer.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:57 AM
Green Horn

caterpillar is on a distinguished road

woaw! truly amazed by this professional built. just wonder how you get to the drawings to steer the CNC machines. are this self made in cad? looks phenomenal!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 View Post
The loader is looking great Steve, if your not careful it is going to weigh as mush as my dozer.
thanks Joe , heh heh I think it's getting close for some reason , I can't make anything light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
I get goosebumps looking at this thing. Love the rear tire squat! What a beast!
aw , it's not that scary the rear tires just need some more air thanks Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerst View Post
Looks great!

kerst
thanks Kerst

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterpillar View Post
woaw! truly amazed by this professional built. just wonder how you get to the drawings to steer the CNC machines. are this self made in cad? looks phenomenal!
Thanks Cat , 1st it started as a pic from the sales brochure imported into auto-cad , scaled to 1:14 scale , many hrs. of tracing and tuning up the tracing . 2nd ,many hrs. of design of all the components as an assembly .
3rd , break the assembly into parts , duplicate where needed , place parts of same thickness on that certain thickness plate in such a way as to min. waste . keep in mind I'm doing all my designs in 2D . 4th import part plate file to cam , hrs. of programing ( for me any way ) , simulate to make sure everything is what you want (IMPORTANT) double check , triple check , maybe quad check . 5th, load file in machine and set up (IMPORTANT) double check , triple check , maybe quad check 6th , push green button and watch crunching action in blink of eye only if you DID NOT , double check , triple check , maybe quad check . As you can see this CNC thing has and still is a rough road for me yet I still like hand cranks , but , with what I can do on the VMC now , this CNC thing is catching on .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Thanks Cat , 1st it started as a pic from the sales brochure imported into auto-cad , scaled to 1:14 scale , many hrs. of tracing and tuning up the tracing . 2nd ,many hrs. of design of all the components as an assembly .
3rd , break the assembly into parts , duplicate where needed , place parts of same thickness on that certain thickness plate in such a way as to min. waste . keep in mind I'm doing all my designs in 2D . 4th import part plate file to cam , hrs. of programing ( for me any way ) , simulate to make sure everything is what you want (IMPORTANT) double check , triple check , maybe quad check . 5th, load file in machine and set up (IMPORTANT) double check , triple check , maybe quad check 6th , push green button and watch crunching action in blink of eye only if you DID NOT , double check , triple check , maybe quad check . As you can see this CNC thing has and still is a rough road for me yet I still like hand cranks , but , with what I can do on the VMC now , this CNC thing is catching on .

I think ill stick to styrene!! It amazes me still how you guys can take a picture and crank out a part that looks perfect like that!!! WOW!!! This loader is looking bad a$$!!
Old 05-20-2012, 10:34 PM

A few pics of to days carnage I made a bunch of brass shavings and a few parts (cylinders ) not quite done ran outa day + the groving bar I made with major inferior material didn't werk so I gotta order 1 Need to cut the ID seal grooves in the glands . I also got the front drive shaft hooked up last evening . I also remade the engine hood . the 1st was made from scrap panel from a delivery van which didn't bend to well without breaking ( not 6061 ) so I picked up a peice of .125" 6061 sheet and re ran it . No pics of the new 1 , forgot that pic .

thanks fer looking

hood in the back ground of this pic

Old 06-17-2012, 11:45 PM

just a few pics of what I've been pecking away at here and there . I know my copper lines are ugly but lets see howw all werks then I might make them purtier

remade the deck plate since the 1st looked like dog poo after tryin to weld the rim around . So I milled it out of .75 " plate

old

new

oil vent/fill

for size comparison . I have it sitting on a 24" x 12" x 1.625" plate in the mill

thanks fer lookin back too the grindstone

Old 06-18-2012, 02:15 AM

Trackerman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: 990 cat loader - Hydraulic lift cylinders

IH,
can you show some detailed photos of the end seals for the rams you have made and give an indication of the physical size along with whether you had any issues with leaks etc. Love the build, looks awesome.

Cheers

Trackerman

Last edited by Trackerman; 06-18-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:38 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road

Oh, like that last picture, start with a big chunk of alu and a good CNC machine, minutes later a ready 990, ha ha.

The model looks realy good, have had a special eye on the big one since building the 992 over 30 years ago. Not so many projects on wheel loaders, maybee because of availibility of ready to run models.

What program are you using when drawing? Is it possible to get an description of the different steps involved from drawing to machined part?

Dan
Old 06-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Nice to see someone getting work done. Now I can see a better view of what you texed me last week.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Looks great!
Old 06-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Nice work steve-looks like you are making some progress.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

WELL IF YOU GET PISSED ABOUT THIS MODEL IF THE SCALE IS OFF, JUST RAPID Z ONTO THE TOP AND SHORTEN IT SOME
Old 06-19-2012, 03:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

now thats a beautiful lookin 990 Steve! I should know, I work for a Cat dealership and as a matter of fact there is a 990 in our shop this very moment. Good loader, its been working at this mine for over 15 yrs now.... I did a complete rebuild of this machine twice now over the years....kinda funny, I wish I could build em but I just fix em. If you need any more measurements or pics, just let me know and I'll send ya what you need, I know this machine inside out.

Mario
Old 06-19-2012, 03:43 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here she is....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 990 loader.jpg (94.8 KB, 58 views)
Old 06-19-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
now thats a beautiful lookin 990 Steve! I should know, I work for a Cat dealership and as a matter of fact there is a 990 in our shop this very moment. Good loader, its been working at this mine for over 15 yrs now.... I did a complete rebuild of this machine twice now over the years....kinda funny, I wish I could build em but I just fix em. If you need any more measurements or pics, just let me know and I'll send ya what you need, I know this machine inside out.

Mario
thanks Mario 1 key problem area is the Z link I couldn't get good measurements off my scaled pic of all pin centers .I'm not a 100% sure I have it correct Looks like I should've punched vent holes in the hood too , looks like hood #3 in the future or a funky fixture to get hood #2 right . I kind of liked the 990G stacks instead of the stock year I went off like in the pic you have here . Thats a good pic of the fire suppression , the 1st deck plate I put it right be hind the cab which I'm using to disguise the pressure relief valve . Also good cabin interior would be great .

Old 06-20-2012, 04:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I hope thumbnail pics work for now. I'm using my company laptop and I dont have photo bucket yet. We currently have the steer joystick apart and its not in the photos. I can get better pics of the Z arm once machine is back up and running. Currently have the bucket held back with a few wire cables just in case we have to pull it out of the shop. I took a quick measurement of the z arm... distance from center of top pin to center is 41 1/2" . Distance from bottom pin to center is 52".
Like I say, once she's up and running I'll get some better pics for ya.
I also sent the pics to my home computer and can send them to you from there when I get back at the end of the month.
Have a great day!
Mario
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 990 loader 003.jpg (88.4 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 990 loader 004.jpg (87.9 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 990 loader 005.jpg (93.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 990 loader 006.jpg (92.8 KB, 51 views)
Old 06-20-2012, 04:37 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I guess a 994 for your next project is out of the question ? lol . the thing would weigh a ton eh?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 994G loader pic.jpg (97.4 KB, 57 views)