RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First build ,cat D11

Well I came up with a combination of newer cutting edge and relocating pin hole closer on tilt cylinders

Might get some smaller stock for cutting edge but you get the idea

And this is as close as I can get the blade to the cylinders. When blade is fully lifted that is where the limit of how far I can tilt blade back before contact with cylinders.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:54 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Cooper-I think that was 9W talking about blade geometry. Wasn't me. That's kinda over my head. The only thing I know about dozers is that I would like to build one but that probably won't happen. I just watch videos, read the threads and try to learn from all the people on this great site. Common sense seems to go a long way and you have that. If you need more angle on the blade maybe as an experiment you could make small extensions for the front of your push arms and not have to go thru all that work of making new ones. I always say when trying to work out problems do the least amount of work possible to solve the problem and then make the correct parts. I'm sure you can get it right.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ok, sorry about getting confused of who, I'm happy with all the input everyone is adding!! I have been rained out today some some useful shop time for the dozer. So far I have relocated the pin holes for tilt cylinders. Not sure if I can get to cutting edge but will try. Want to get this done today so I can see how it works tomorrow. . Yes I agree about making minimal parts for trying something new. Guess that's why I haven't got around to paint the cylinders. Originally I had shorter cylinders but they were too shot and remade them. Well should have looked closer as that's where so of it went wrong. Top of blade was originally ment to be level. Kind of like an indicator to operator of cutting edge position.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

I think its cool regardless of if it gives you problems or not. it's more dozer then I have!!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Cooper, try and get the cutting edge's lower than the rest of the blade. then the sides won't hinder the cutting edge penetration. Looking good so far!
Cheers, Neil.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

So much for digging at our Riverlot!!! We got 3" of rain and river came up, a lot!!
Old 05-17-2014, 05:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I did bring over another load of dirt for the pond fill project. I have a long video that I did not film very well but I will upload when I get a landline. The dirt is more like mud, very wet and sticky but did get to push some with the help of the male dog. You'll see what I mean when I get the video up. Tried to spray silicone on the blade but dirt is just too wet.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Some more pushing today, came to the conclusion after the great constructive criticism that even the best machines will preform ill in mud. I was hoping that the dirt on top of my pile would be dry enough to test out the new blade and cutting edge but the soil was just too wet. Tracks fill with mud just by driving. I think this week I'll bring over some dirt that is more like sand. We have some piles of really good topsoil, pasture soil, sand and clay/shale stuff. I'm thinking for the toys the sandy stuff might be more fun to play in. ? And in the comparison of that d9, yes it's a true work of art but I'm on 1:14 scale and his 1:10 scale 97 pounder will definitely out push mine. One of these days when the soil is dry I'll get some good pushing video, and not just trying to get a full blade in 6 inches of travel.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Do you have a rototiller? Aerate the soil, so it will dry out faster.
Cheers, Neil.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes Neil, if I have time this week I'm going to hook up the tiller and drive down to our Riverlot. With permission of landlord, he is just as entertained with the rc toys as we are. Then most of the finger roots in that area will be of no harm. As far as home pond project I started tearing down the cat. Figured it is a good time to paint cylinders. Inspect insides of tubes ect. And I also have to put some divots in the final drive shafts as the two set screws have started to rotate. This thing has a lot of power, I have two set screws on the larger sprockets, one with a flat spot milled on the shaft and they are shearing on the 1/2" shaft. I think I made those shafts out of stainless, I'm going to make new ones from some higher carbon steel. Looking back I guess I should have run her more before final paint but I'm still a big kid and can't wait!!! . And have to use a little filler on the blade where the new cutting edge was attached. Hopefully I can get this done soon!!
Old 05-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

This is the video of the hose blow out. Right before end you can hear a pop and the blade is dragging as I'm going backwards.

http://youtu.be/GSz_tpY3xE4
Old 05-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I was able to get the vinyl cutter out during the rain showers today. These are the windows and cat decals. I don't have a multi color vinyl printer so I'm just placing layers.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Old 05-22-2014, 06:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well she is finished!! I did end up adding a square key to the final drive sprocket, that really beefs the drive system up. I still have not got to stall the motors, I think the chain or track links will break first!! Only thing left to do is a lighting system. I have incorporated room for lights in the steps and for attaching lights to top of lift cylinders. Only creative area will be installing lights for backing up. Thanks sooooo much for all of your support and guidance!! This has really been a dream of mine since I was a little kid to run the real ones ( got to do that- d9) and to have a r/c dozer that is not a toy but a workhorse!!! Now I guess I need to get the Aeromax running for a heavy hauler and dump truck, and excavator, and wheel loader and,,, and,,,,,,it's all that crazy Canadians fault for getting my attention from some article that I have arrived here!!!!! . Thank you!!
Old 05-22-2014, 06:37 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Wow that looks good Cooper ..Yes I know Is joes fault ..He got me started as well .lol
Old 05-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yup, he has stirred a lot of pots!!! And I forgot to mention that I'm running at 20bar. That is enough to have the blade full with stickey mud dirt that she will lift. I don't know how much weight that is but it is a good bit. I also went back and took off .005 for the sealing ring seals. The shafts were just too tight. Works a lot better with less effort. I am currently using what ever hose premacon shipped me but I did get some higher psi rated 350-400 hose in case they get warm and swell/burst. If that happens I will be replacing.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

How is the blade working since the slight rebuild?
Old 05-22-2014, 09:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ah,, I would love to report on those modifications if,,,, we quit getting rain!!!!!!!!

It's been a little wet lately, that's why I have been doing some of this little final stuff. I did sand the paint off blade (help with dirt sliding) personally I don't see how it would make a difference paint was pretty slippery. And bondo the voids, just sprayed primer on the new cutting edge. It hasent seen dirt yet, will video some if I get chance tomorrow. And I put a pretty sharp edge on the ripper will help with cutting up roots. Yea, it's just alum but I was board.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

And tonight I got to the stone guards, step and handle on the tilt cylinder
Old 05-23-2014, 12:31 AM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road

Great job on the dozer....well done!!! Looking forward to seeing more vids....