RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 1st time rc build

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmess62 View Post
Well made some progress today. Pulled the trans out to double check everything like was suggested, and operator error, so after tearing part of the trans out and putting it back together the way it was supposed to be worked a lot better. 1st gear still not consistent, need to do some tweaking there. Then when i went to test drive I pushed the throttle stick forward nothing, but when i pulled it backwards it went foward. Need to find a way to turn the stick sensitivity down throttle real jumpy. Next is to install the Novak 55T motor in it. Still considering a GRU also. Thats all for now. Dave

Dave. you just need to adjust the EPA on your shifting and you will get that gear to work right. The REV the throttle channel to get your FOR and REV working right. Now you dont need a GRU if you put a 6 tooth pnion gear on the motor that is all it takes that is how all my trucks are set up but 2 have GRU and they are all the same speed. My motor touches my servos so you are good on your room. You can also adjust the sensitivity of each stick some remotes call it punch control too depends on brand..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Green Horn

dmess62 is on a distinguished road

Tamiya Cowboy thanks for the help. I dont know what EPA is, is it something to do with the endpoint of the servo. I looked through my manual the only thing i saw was for travel lenghth(DX6i) it is set to 100% but still have problems with 1st and third. When I put it in 1st then go to second the servo goes past center, but when i go from 3rd to 2nd it goes back to center. The steering servo horn keeps turning all the way to the left after using a couple of times. If i push stick all the way to the right it centers the tires but stick in neutral position the tires are all the way left. Am I getting too much travel to the point of stopping the horn when it tries to center.

Sorry for all the dumb questions I get confused with all the technical stuff

Dave
Old 07-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Green Horn

Finally got everything together and running right as far as I can tell. Still need to get the 55T motor in. Didn't post any pic or video, as I'm sure you guys have seen a stock King Hauler before. Now to get some longer frame rails and another cab to hack up.

Dave
Old 07-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Green Horn

Forgot to thank everyone for their help and input for someone just getting into the hobby. I've looked through hundreds of threads and posts, and gotta say the skill, craftmanship and attention to the little details is inspiring for a newbie

Dave
Old 07-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

I wanna see it stock or not
Old 07-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

Dave- we all start somewhere - I had asked the same questions myself. you probably have found out that servos move linkages but they are also vitims of power and resistance. menaing that just cause the servo came back to center doesn't mena the tires are centered due to the 'servo saver'. These things are used to help protect the finer electronic items from getting into a bind and burning up. you will find that it will work better if your truning while rolling or shifting while moving. this allow the gears and such to flow rather than just binding up.
Gotta run these just like the big guys - inch it forward and turn the wheel casue these are more like 1970's trucks with manual steering than 2K's with power steering....LOL

I'm glad you chose the nicer radio with programable features.

Izzy
Old 07-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I wanna see it stock or not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Dave- we all start somewhere - I had asked the same questions myself. you probably have found out that servos move linkages but they are also vitims of power and resistance. menaing that just cause the servo came back to center doesn't mena the tires are centered due to the 'servo saver'. These things are used to help protect the finer electronic items from getting into a bind and burning up. you will find that it will work better if your truning while rolling or shifting while moving. this allow the gears and such to flow rather than just binding up.
Gotta run these just like the big guys - inch it forward and turn the wheel casue these are more like 1970's trucks with manual steering than 2K's with power steering....LOL

I'm glad you chose the nicer radio with programable features.

Izzy

Thanks for the help Izzy, I ve been going through a lot of threads doing "research" trying to find answers before i start asking questions

Quick pic for you guys nothing fancy

Dave
Old 07-08-2012, 06:02 PM

Looks great!!! I cant wait till i can get another truck and get it built! You did a fantastic job with yours! Any idea of what color your going to go with for it? i think the white looks good just through a coat of clear on it lol
Old 07-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Green Horn

Talking Re: 1st time rc build

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Looks great!!! I cant wait till i can get another truck and get it built! You did a fantastic job with yours! Any idea of what color your going to go with for it? i think the white looks good just through a coat of clear on it lol
Thanks. I have an idea, but was gonna wait until I can get another cab and some longer frame rails. Just a hint.... think Harley Davidson.
It looks like I may be going to the Indy show in August on Saturday so maybe I can pick up some parts.

Dave
Old 07-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Green Horn

rcman is on a distinguished road

looks really good reminds me of my first king! bought it in about 1996 and i still have it and now i need to rebuild it.

Last edited by rcman; 07-11-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 08-04-2012, 02:48 AM
Green Horn

Well I figured it was time for a small update. I just picked a van trailer to pull around, Can't make no money bobtailing. I'll try and post a pic when I get a chance to download them. Its nothing fancy just stock trailer. Also got some parts ordered for the truck, so hopefully after Indy I can start mods to the cab, and hopefully I can pick up a set of longer rails there also.

Dave
Old 08-04-2012, 10:51 AM

A Harley truck would be cool! hopefully we'll see you at Indy
Old 08-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Green Horn

Hopefully..something like this.

Dave