RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Talk about wierd...

Well a little over two years ago I was surfing the web and this warning came up telling me we had a virus. Well I was instructed to click on the warning for a free scan and BAM!!! the computer froze and shut down. Now I tried to turn the computer back on, and instructions were given to press F1 or F2, I can't remember wich, but it only showed this for about 1/4 of a second, and I could never hit the button quick enough. Now one of our son's friends looked at it to see if he could fix the problem, he knows about computers, so I gave the go ahead. The same thing happend to him, and after a lenghty time he said the computer was ruined, to by another, it would be cheaper. Well John's friend told me when I clicked on what popped up, that gave us a virus. So yesterday Cindy was on her notebook she bought about two years ago, and it started acting up. The charging jack is really loose, and if I held it in a certian spot I could get on line. So I called a friend of mine that works on computers, and he said Cindy's notebook would be harder to fix. So after I hung the phone up, I thought I would try to turn this bad boy on. I wasn't expecting anything different, but to my suprise, it worked. Made a few adjustments, and the virus apperantly went away...how, I don't know. But so far so good.

So now I have a question, does anyone know how the virus just vanished??? It's got me puzzled.

Thax, Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Wannabe

mazdaparts will become famous soon enoughmazdaparts will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Talk about wierd...

That is weird. I guess it could have timed out in a sense. I would download a new antivirus program and run it just to see what it finds.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:01 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdaparts View Post
That is weird. I guess it could have timed out in a sense. I would download a new antivirus program and run it just to see what it finds.
I'm a step ahead of you... I ran a scan, and no virus' found.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey John, anytime those pesky box's show up in the middle of the screen, DON'T CLICK ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pull the cable out that's feeding the internet out of the computer! This cut's there control of your computer!
Then control-alt-delete, all three at once. It may shut down, Let it. Then run your virus scan. I lost a computer too, because it locked it up.

Hope this help's!

Cheer's, Neil.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

It was a internet fed virus meaning after so long of not being connected to the "host" and the path probably changing by now it can't connect to it. IF you ever see it again unplug your internet then find the bad file. You can try to go into your add/remove programs and look to see if any searchbars or coupon anything programs are there and remove them. I fix those all the time at Work. They are a pain but you can get rid of them.

As for the laptop again it's pain but you can re solder a new charge port in there. It's just 20 screws nd almost completely taking it apart to get to that part of the board.

Hope that helps!
Old 11-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Banned

intz2nu is on a distinguished road

I can say for sure that the person who you (thought) to be knowledgeable of computers who told you that the computer was ruined because of the virus clearly doesn't know much about computers or the virus that caused the computer to have problems. I have had that vary same exact virus many times and it is easily able to be removed when you boot into safe mode as it's a virus that hides and runs in the background and is automatically installed and executed from a hidden folder on your computer. I hope that the computer wasn't tossed away because of a person with little knowledge saying it was ruined because he/she could not fix it.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Hey John, anytime those pesky box's show up in the middle of the screen, DON'T CLICK ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pull the cable out that's feeding the internet out of the computer! This cut's there control of your computer!
Then control-alt-delete, all three at once. It may shut down, Let it. Then run your virus scan. I lost a computer too, because it locked it up.

Hope this help's!

Cheer's, Neil.
Neil, i've learned my lesson...On Cindy's notebook, a box popped up of the same warning, and I just ignored it, and everything was fine. I am thankful for your input...control-alt-delete all at once...GOT IT!!! Thankyou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
It was a internet fed virus meaning after so long of not being connected to the "host" and the path probably changing by now it can't connect to it. IF you ever see it again unplug your internet then find the bad file. You can try to go into your add/remove programs and look to see if any searchbars or coupon anything programs are there and remove them. I fix those all the time at Work. They are a pain but you can get rid of them.

As for the laptop again it's pain but you can re solder a new charge port in there. It's just 20 screws nd almost completely taking it apart to get to that part of the board.

Hope that helps!
Gotcha, i'm going to do as you suggested, and see what may still be lurking. Thankyou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intz2nu View Post
I can say for sure that the person who you (thought) to be knowledgeable of computers who told you that the computer was ruined because of the virus clearly doesn't know much about computers or the virus that caused the computer to have problems. I have had that vary same exact virus many times and it is easily able to be removed when you boot into safe mode as it's a virus that hides and runs in the background and is automatically installed and executed from a hidden folder on your computer. I hope that the computer wasn't tossed away because of a person with little knowledge saying it was ruined because he/she could not fix it.
Well as luck would have it, I didn't throw this computer away...I almost did, but something told me not to. And on another note, I love the bigger screen. Thankyou.

Big John