RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:43 PM

dirdydogrc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "SLUMLORD" pic's...finally

looks awesome i was thinking about the same rear fenders for my truck or atleast similar ones
Old 11-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirdydogrc View Post
looks awesome i was thinking about the same rear fenders for my truck or atleast similar ones
dirdydogrc, thank you, I really love these fenders.
If you want nice fenders at a fair price, Stylin&profilin (John) sell's these on the board.
He is a great guy to do buiseness with...I know i'm pleased

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 02:35 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

OK everyone, I thought I was in for a good cry
I was taking the body off the frame tonight, and I dropped the body...I can't repeat what all I said, but Cindy new I very upset

Well I looked the body over, and I lucked out, everything is good.

I worked on installing the servo's, putting the tranny in, and made a rear crossmember to mount the bumper to.
And I decided to go ahead and use the FGD frame rails you've seen it sitting on.
So here are a few pic's...I'm putting the body back until final assembly...just to be safe.

I feel like i'm a little closer, and thanx for looking.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Thank God the paintwork was ok! Holy crap, I can just imagine the language!
Old 11-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
Thank God the paintwork was ok! Holy crap, I can just imagine the language!
Let me tell you that I might have made a sailor blush lol.
I have the body sitting in a spare bedroom so it can't be disturbed

Big John

Old 11-22-2011, 11:18 PM
The Man The Myth The Ledgen RUSS OF DA LOUD!

russisloud is on a distinguished road

great idea for the fifth wheel handle

Old 11-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by russisloud View Post
great idea for the fifth wheel handle
Thanx buddy, I think it's the smallest details that brings out these models

Big John

Old 11-28-2011, 05:07 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well everyone I was thinking about some drive tires for the rear axles on the truck.
Well I got eight tires from some spares that I had, charged my dremel, put the cutting wheel on, and proceeded.
Well after about two and a quarter tires the dremel started to lose power...
a light bulb went off in my head, I got the ol' hacksaw out, and I got them all done. In fact, the saw did a better job. I don't remember who the member is, but he is good at making different tread patterns for tires, and I got the idea from him...If you're the man who does this, please let me know. Or if anyone know's who it is, please tell me, it is driving me crazy not knowing.
Anyhoo, here is a pic of what I accomplished...it only took me about two and a half hours...my hands will be telling about this tommorow lol.

Thanx for looking, Big John

Old 11-28-2011, 08:16 AM
Green Horn

cabrover is on a distinguished road

Awesome paint!! Keep us posted!!

Tim
Old 11-29-2011, 12:18 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

OK boy's and girl's, before I get into this new post, I have to tell you all I have a very evil wife LOL!!!
She pulled a fast one on me today. I got a package in the mail and my "loving wife" hid it from me.

Now if you're paying attention to the mailing label, you've probably figured out what's in the box.
ihbuilder (Steve) made me a bumper, and it everything and more than I had hoped for. This is a one of a kind bumper. I sent him a pic, told him what I wanted changed, and he hit the nail on the head.
Well here it is...and I know I said I wasn't going to put the cab back until final assembly, but I had to see what the "SLUMLORD" looked like with the new addition.

In Cindy's defense, i've pulled a lot tricks on her through the years...so I guess I kinda deserved it.

Thanx for looking, Big John

Old 11-29-2011, 05:42 AM

d.k.v is on a distinguished road

I think it was silvio (skl1cent) who was cutting tyres like that
Old 11-29-2011, 05:48 AM
Wannabe

Snowman is on a distinguished road

Now that's what I'm talking about!! Yeah now it really looks the part with the bumper, amazing how one detail transforms the look. It just fits in perfectly with the whole look, custom paint, frame stretch, big pipes. Nice work Steve!

My Peterbilt build thread:
Old 11-29-2011, 05:57 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.k.v View Post
I think it was silvio (skl1cent) who was cutting tyres like that
Thanx Matthew, I thought it was Silvio, but I wasn't quite sure.

Big John

Old 11-29-2011, 06:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Now that's what I'm talking about!! Yeah now it really looks the part with the bumper, amazing how one detail transforms the look. It just fits in perfectly with the whole look, custom paint, frame stretch, big pipes. Nice work Steve!
Thanx Snowman for the complinents.
I'll tell you when I saw a pic of the bumper, I new pic's wouldn't do it justice.

And I almost had another set of rails made shorter. I'm happy I changed my mind.
I'm getting closer
I just sent russisloud a pm on his simulated air ride suspension...aaahhh yes, it's coming together

Thanx again, Big John

Old 11-29-2011, 07:21 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

thanks John I'm glad you like it . Yes 1 of a kind I only saved the Knight hualer profile .

Old 11-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Hey, REALLY nice bumper, love it. Totally improves the front end of the Knight Hauler. Nice one.

Last edited by SWAGGER; 11-29-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Um yea john I would appreciate if you wouldn't already gone

Old 11-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road

Im lovin the stretch with the rear fenders looks real good!

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's
Old 11-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
Hey, REALLY nice bumper, love it. Totally improves the front end of the Knight Hauler. Nice one.
Thank you SWAGGER, the front look's like it's saying, "BETTER GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!"

Big John

Old 11-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Um yea john I would appreciate if you wouldn't already gone
Steve, my bad, I went right to photobucket and deleted the pic...I was so excited about the bumper, I wasn't paying attention. But SWAGGER sent me a pm, and pointed it out to me. I apoligize, I will be extra carful in the future.

Big John