RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Stretched globeliner

Here in Ireland, most trailers are tri axle super singles, or tandem duallies. I NEVER see spread axles here, so to me they are really rare and unusual. I didn't realise that they were so common in Oz and the US.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Here in the US they are just as common as tandoms, here in my state tri axles are not common except on a low boy, other states have different size rules and may be more common
Old 05-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

The Tri looks good and there are quite a few around Chi-town! It would look good with the fenders. I also like the spread, you want a dump, HMMM, sounds like you got lots to do! Everythings looking excellent, keep up the good work!
Old 05-13-2012, 11:56 PM

started remaking all the fenders the last couple of nights ill try to get some pics up tomorrow. Also got myself a bench grinder and a nice pack of sandpaper so i started to polish up the railes on the trailer. Got one side done pretty good, think i need to do a little more buffing but not too bad for my first time polishing aluminum. Found a new way to mount the fenders (thanks Russ for the idea) just gotta work one little problem with it on the truck side.... but i think it will work out great!!

Thanks for looking and your comments!!! Ill get some more progress pics up tomorrow night!
Old 05-15-2012, 12:04 AM

Default Re: My Stretched globeliner New pics

OK here are the pics

Was trying to get the fenders to sit lower and i think this will work
using brass bent and drilled for screw that hold axle to leaf mount to go thru and have it about 1/8' above tire

the fenders will now move with the movement of the suspension

Here is one of the new fenders being made sitting on new mounts

you can see the side rail now polished need to hit the buffer one more time though

heres with original fenders still deciding which i like better now with the new mounts

yep im liking the way she's starting to look

here is the mount clearance from the tire

new fender still under construction

Also figure out on the digital TX (as i have the DX5E) that i was able to get all functions of the MFU to work properly fairly easy. For those having the start stop issue put your servo switches back to normal then adjust your trim and it'll start and stop, then just re flip your servo switches and center your trims...

Thanks for looking. what do you think of the new mounts??
Old 05-15-2012, 12:38 AM

B-Train Hauler is on a distinguished road

I used the same way on mine.
These fenders make it look very good and the weight of the trailer (hem... mine is a bit heavy...) doesn't affect rolling.
For my part i prefer the three axles look, it make the trailer appear heavyer, but the spread looks great too!
And anyway, your build is awsome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:53 AM

Thank B-Train! Loved the videos of your truck. how do you like the ss tronics kit? Im pretty sure your trailers are a lot heavier then mine will be!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Aaron, you never fail at impressing me. Using brass mounts in genius, and I really like where you're going with the fenders. And the trailer will definitly have some BLIIIIIIIIING!!! Great job buddy.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!

Last edited by glorydays24; 05-15-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:47 PM

Thanks to you! I admit that my steels coils are a bit heavy.

The SS-tronyx kit was very easy to install and perfectly work. Was a bit more head scratching because of my particular configuration, but really a well designed product. The team who's produce it it also very helpful and friendly
Can't speak for everyone, but I'm very satisfied myself and recommend it! (and... no, I don't have any share on their business )

And it is very pleasant to load and unload without any wires to connnect , specially with a b-train!

Mods will delete this if I violate some rules with these comments...

Old 05-15-2012, 09:53 PM

Now with the SS tronics stuff, they said that they had a support leg kit along with the light kit... i dont need that if i buy the power support leg kit from tamiya right? just need the wireless light kit for the lights to work... i dont want to have to plug anything in or walk up to disconect my trailer like i do now...
Old 05-16-2012, 12:01 AM

You're right.
If nothing change since I get mine, the kit for motorized legs is an option, only if you don't want the mechanical switch system from Tamiya. Otherwise, the legs systems stay connect exactly the same way than without the wireless kit.
But I suggest you contact them for verification before ordering

Old 05-16-2012, 12:24 AM

Sweet kinda what I thought. They said that it replaces the Tamiya one so you don't have the bar sticking out from under the 5th wheel... But it's like $90
Old 05-21-2012, 02:56 PM

Talking Re: My Stretched globeliner

Made some progress this week with the fenders and even got some paint on the prototypes. I painted them to match the trucks current color but the entire truck will be changing colors and scheme come wintertime i hope. i ended up changing back to the original mounts i made for the fenders using the shock towers to hold them as the new fenders are alot thinner then the first set i made. put the trailer back to a tri axle until i get all new suspension for it as i dont have the right parts to make it a spreadaxle still playing with poss of triple fenders. Took the air cleaner rack off for now as it is not the one staying on, i am having that made for me. Well heres what i got let me know what you think.

new rear fenders

new trailer fender

side by side and hooked up look

heres the poss of a tri, just have to connect the 2 together

Got a new tractor at the local swap meet for $3.00

Some paint on the truck fenders

Heres some outside pics with the new fenders on the truck. i forgot to respray the back plate to get rid of the scratches so ill go get more paint later...

Thanks for looking!! Hopefull i'll get the back frame plate painted today or tomorrow for sure. Oh and i have full tire clearence and trailer clearance moutned this way. i test a full battery inside and outside before i painted them to adjust them right.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Aaron, isn't it simply amazing how a little bit of color brings our parts to life that we make? You did a fine job on the fenders, FANTASTIC!!! Can't wait to see the fenders painted and put on the trailer. Keep it up buddy.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road

you got my luck with paint!!

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's
Old 05-22-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Demond View Post
you got my luck with paint!!
yea and wouldnt you knw it went to the LHS and they were out of my color!!! So i went online and ordered me a box of it. never have too much paint on hand..

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays24 View Post
Aaron, isn't it simply amazing how a little bit of color brings our parts to life that we make? You did a fine job on the fenders, FANTASTIC!!! Can't wait to see the fenders painted and put on the trailer. Keep it up buddy.

Big John
Yes its amazing how much paint can cover up little flaws and make things look like an actual part instead of 4 diff pieces of plastic!! The trialer is on hold until i decide if im going to shorten it, change it or get rid of it. its pretty long and i dont have the right parts to convert to a spread axle properly so im not sure what route to go.. really want a dump trailer s i may shorten the frame and do some converting with a screw drive.. have not decided yet. Once i decide i already have more fenders made for either way.

Thanks for looking.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:00 PM

Went down to PFB Nathans house yesterday and got to play in some dirt! truck did pretty good with the locked axles heres some pics getting her a little dirty. She may look good but im not afraid to put some scratches on it!!

Waiting for the load to be done

I liked the shorter trailer, much easier to manuver around!!

Sitting with Truckmaker

waiting by the crew

Nathans rc4wd excavator is freaking HUGE!!!

My truck with youngguns

had a blast now i just gotta get some more stuff done before indy. Will prob be next year when this rebuild is fully complete including a super sweet paint job.

Thanks for looking and thanks again PFB for letting me use the loader i reall want one now...
Old 05-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

DaBears this is one of my favorite trucks. I think it's a fantastic looking machine and I really love the paint job as is, so would love to know what you have in mind that you are willing to scrap the existing job.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:36 PM

Thanks swagger! my lips are shut on the paint scheme planned. A few people know and all I can say is it'll turn some heads! Even after its gets its new paint ill still get it dirty. That's what wax and polish is for. I have a long way to go before then yet. Few more things planned yet.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:06 AM

Ogar is on a distinguished road

Nice Globe you have their.keep up the good work,what paint ideas are you planning?

Paul