RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Sound Systems tech

Sound Systems tech This section is dedicated to the sound systems for our models. Tamiya MFU, Servonaut, etc.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Dual rate and MFU operation

Hey guys. I am very Radio illiterate...Just learning about radios with dual rate and just need clarification on how it works on a MFU.
From what I've read , by setting the rate of one channel to 100% is that in essence telling the MFU the same thing as if you use manual trim tabs to turn lights on etc? If so, do you set the other rate to 50% for normal operation?
I have as of yet not installed or even removed from box but figured I should get educated now so when it's time to install I won't feel like ripping it out in frustration for not working
Saw a couple instructional videos on YouTube that helped understand how to navigate through the screens and options...
Thanks for any info and insight.

Mario
Old 11-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dual rate and MFU operation

Rate 1 or normal will be 100% and rate 2 will be what ever your radio will allow over 100%. For ex 125% or 150%.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks Travis. I didn't realize you can go over 100 . Worst case scenario, ill get ya to set it up for me at Indy next year. . It's a DX6i

Mario
Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Thanks Travis. I didn't realize you can go over 100 . Worst case scenario, ill get ya to set it up for me at Indy next year. . It's a DX6i

Mario
Yes by going over 100% is the same as moving the trim and moving the stick in the same direction. On an older radio with volume trims you move the trim and the stick in the same direction to get more travel but if you move the stick in the opposite direction of the trim it will be less than 100%. This is why you have to move the trim in opposite directions for each of the functions. With the dual rate it will give you over 100% in both directions so you can either turn on the flashers or the lights depending on the direction you move the stick. This way you get to do it by just flipping a switch instead of having to move the trim and trying to get it back to center when done.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 11-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Perfect. Thanks again for the help Travis

Mario