RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Vehicles Picture Gallery > 1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment

1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment Here is a spot to share your 1:1 that you drive and or operate.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road
Default 3 stick shifting

Anybody seen this video on youtube? I'm still figuring it out, I think it's a 13 speed RoadRanger with the range and splitter on separate lever's, instead of the standard shift knob setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lEYa...layer_embedded

Cheer's, Neil.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Apprentice

speedy8305 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3 stick shifting

man that dude was really shiftin
Old 10-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

I guess it's me but I would hate it. Things have come too far today to be going backwards like that. Might be fun for a few minutes than it would feel like driving something from the 1960's.

Sorry.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Apprentice

yea I guess ya right that 3 shiftin takes too much concentration heck it hard enough driving an updated truck
Old 10-20-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm tryin Boss!

Stylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura about

Now that's BAD A$$..That's fun right there...today's truck are so anybody can run them..that's what's killing industry...so many inexperience people getting be hind the wheel of these massive machines have no idea what there doing..now there's dot points that go against the drive and company for no matter what infraction...to me...one of the toughest jobs out there today..to me trucking is a feeling...it's a passion...it gets under your skin.it's in your blood...jumped in the seat at 18...and never looked back..." live to ride". " ride to live"...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
One Bus Stop Short Of The Short Bus...
Old 10-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Apprentice

Yea stylin you make a good point anyone can jump in the seat of a truck but trucking is Blood Pride and gears I do agree it is one of the toughest professions out there
Old 10-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Well after 50 years of driving to each his own but if he had enough power under the hood he would not need all those gears. That shifting gets old after a while but i do not like those air shift either just get stuck with one and have to rock it and is won't let you change gears you have to let it set for time. Ed
Old 10-20-2012, 10:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I cut my teeth on "box's" 4 x 4 and 5 x 4, never got to try a 6 x 4, don't miss them, but never knew what a tight set was like. Just somebody else's worn out scrap metal. I'll stick with my 18 speed for now!

Interesting to see what people come up with for show truck's!

Cheer's, Neil.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:57 AM

sandfarmer is on a distinguished road

Yeah that would be the fun way to shift a 13 speed for about 5 minutes on a straight road lol! Looks like he just put 2 shift levers on some air valves to take the handy dandy shifter with 2 levers on it and throw it in the toolbox until he gets tired of this! Interesting I'll give him that.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:42 AM
Green Horn

apfubar is on a distinguished road

Reminds me of a tractor I used to drive...

Gear levers:
Shuttle shift - fwd/rev with splitter on the front - synchro'd with power shift
Main box - 5 speed - syncro'd
Range - 4 speed(with creep) - syncro'd

Total ratios: 40 fwd, 40rev
Max speed: 40km/hr fwd & rev

No where near as much bling in the tractor cab, and a lot more dust(even with the air con cab)...

Cheers,
Ap
Old 10-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Green Horn

Goose19 is on a distinguished road

could be a 13 or 18, but i dont get why he pulls it out of gear to split shift...... definately an acert cat..... **** whistling things...... loved the pre emission one i drove. ('98)
Old 10-21-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm tryin Boss!

Stylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose19 View Post
could be a 13 or 18, but i dont get why he pulls it out of gear to split shift...... definately an acert cat..... **** whistling things...... loved the pre emission one i drove. ('98)
I don't get that either Goose...I drive a 18 all day and never pull it out of gear when I split...and I don't pre select till I'm ready to change a gear..this way no pressure on the fork and valve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
One Bus Stop Short Of The Short Bus...
Old 10-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylin n profilin View Post
I don't get that either Goose...I drive a 18 all day and never pull it out of gear when I split...and I don't pre select till I'm ready to change a gear..this way no pressure on the fork and valve
Wish I had a RoadRanger, instead of that obnoxious high enertia Mack tranny!
The RoadRanger's shift alot faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheer's,Neil
Old 10-22-2012, 02:14 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylin n profilin View Post
Maybee, to make it look more complicated than it is??
Have a friend here in Sweden who has a 2 stick but that a real one with 2 gearboxes.
I would never put a second or third stick to manuever the split and/or range in my gearbox.

/Dan
Old 10-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

I think its very Kool, very impractical buy still Kool non the less. I learned on my old msn 359 Pete with a 425 cat and 6x4.....I can still here it now and remember the way that truck sounded with those straight pipes.....god I miss it
Old 10-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

All I can say , let im go through the mountains here all day doing that you loose to much momentum doin all that fancy shiftin . Give me a 13 speed RR with the air shift any day . Ed , don't understand the air shifting issue while rockin it unless they gave you worn out baby motors . I never had issues with any of them I drove , from a 549 IH gasser with a 6613 to 400 BC cummins with a 13 .

Old 10-24-2012, 10:31 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

That moe-ron should loose his cdl for posting such a retarded video... not only is he sitting on the floor, barely able to see over the dash, but now no hands on the steering wheel everytime he makes a shift!

I've driven twin sticks before and I never had to let go of the steering wheel to make a shift.

Do you guys in the states not have to get your rigs safetied every six months? No way would that BS fly up here! That trk would be put oos till it was properly fitted.

Someday when he strikes a pot hole or catches a rut, perhaps with a great deal of luck he'll only kill himself!

There aint nothing cool about supertruckers, all they do is ruin it for everybody else in the profession!

Joe
Old 10-25-2012, 12:02 AM

sandfarmer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
That moe-ron should loose his cdl for posting such a retarded video... not only is he sitting on the floor, barely able to see over the dash, but now no hands on the steering wheel everytime he makes a shift!

I've driven twin sticks before and I never had to let go of the steering wheel to make a shift.

Do you guys in the states not have to get your rigs safetied every six months? No way would that BS fly up here! That trk would be put oos till it was properly fitted.

Someday when he strikes a pot hole or catches a rut, perhaps with a great deal of luck he'll only kill himself!

There aint nothing cool about supertruckers, all they do is ruin it for everybody else in the profession!
I hear ya! $10 says that's a temporary setup just for fun and if you went and looked at that truck today it would have a regular knob on top of a regular single shifter lol! As much starting and stopping as we do in a Farm situation that would be a nightmare lol!
Old 10-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

The really funny thing is this guy is from Canada. .I bet he has more miles then most in this thread rolling back from stop sings. Yeah it would be a pain in the azz to drive for sure heck a 5x4 is but its not your farm rig its a long haul truck.

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Old 10-25-2012, 06:48 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Well holy smokes, do I ever have egg on my face!!!

I read Irving in one of the comments and thought it was California. I watched less than 2mins & was so disgusted with such a pityfull display of professionalism that I didn't look to see where it was from... my appologies for assuming it was my southern neighbor.

Never-the-less, he's still a Retard for doing it! And especially so b/c the roads throughout Canada are no where near as perfect as 90% of the USA! I hope he looses his license for doing something so dangerous & with such utter disregard for the safety of others who share the road with him!

Joe

Last edited by Lil Giants; 10-25-2012 at 06:55 PM.