RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 02-04-2016, 08:54 PM

logger/dirtman is on a distinguished road
Default newbie needing some help

So I am new to the forum have always loved r/c models but never actually been able to do it til now. I need some help finding where I can get hydraulic parts and electric motors can't find the thread on it but I know I saw one that had a lost of every place out theur I'm looking for mainly the pump,tank,valve bank, cylinders,tires,electric motors,
Also wondering if there is a place to get small pulleys from.

thanks for the help.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: newbie needing some help

Welcome to the board, what kind of model/machine are you looking to build. With those details, we will be able to help you out with the best parts and where to get them. some hydraulics are cheap(er) but not good and some hydraulics are high-end and you may not need all that.

Rob
Old 02-05-2016, 01:29 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

For pulleys and timing belts suitable for scalemodels one can look for the standards '2GT' or '3M', typically 3 different widths. There are quite a good offer of at ebay of the most common diameters at good prices; search for e.g. 'pulley 2gt'.

Regarding hydraulics, motors and more, as mention above, describe a bit closer what you are planning to build and if it's a 'budget' or 'high end' project you are aiming at.

Last edited by Rimrock; 02-05-2016 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:57 AM

Ok I'm not sure if it has been done before but I am going to do a scale model of a jlg 860sjpn as I am a tech for ariel lifts and fork lifts.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:02 AM

http://www.quikey-c.com/oshk/Elements/dJLG901.jpg

Here is just one of them I will be attempting I plan to do the 860 first I believe this is the 125 a bit more challenging
Old 02-05-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimrock View Post
For pulleys and timing belts suitable for scalemodels one can look for the standards '2GT' or '3M', typically 3 different widths. There are quite a good offer of at ebay of the most common diameters at good prices; search for e.g. 'pulley 2gt'.

Regarding hydraulics, motors and more, as mention above, describe a bit closer what you are planning to build and if it's a 'budget' or 'high end' project you are aiming at.
Look bove this post for my info meant to tag ur message the first time
Old 02-05-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_farmer View Post
Welcome to the board, what kind of model/machine are you looking to build. With those details, we will be able to help you out with the best parts and where to get them. some hydraulics are cheap(er) but not good and some hydraulics are high-end and you may not need all that.
http://www.quikey-c.com/oshk/Elements/dJLG914.jpg

here is the first project I'm going to start
Old 02-06-2016, 04:41 PM

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ec&oe=573EE3B5

the cylinders that are on this rc truck are really what i need for the booming part of the lift but cant seem to find them anywhere i found the thread for some parts but would like to know if there is any other good dealers out there's thanks for the help. still waiting on my small model to arrive to get measurements to make it bigger.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Cool project idea. Is it going to be scaled for having little workers or going to be just the JLG?

I really hate running those in real life, but it should be way more fun as a model
Old 02-06-2016, 08:33 PM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by logger/dirtman View Post
the cylinders that are on this rc truck are really what i need for the booming part of the lift but cant seem to find them anywhere i found the thread for some parts but would like to know if there is any other good dealers out there's thanks for the help. still waiting on my small model to arrive to get measurements to make it bigger.

That is a ScaleART truck with Palfinger crane. You can contact ScaleART to ask if they sell the cylinders separate, or you can check out http://www.leimbach-modellbau.de under "Produkte" - "Zylinder Masstabelle" or "Erweiterte Zylinder Masstabelle" as they also have one of those cranes in their line up and are less expensive than ScaleART.

Fechtner also has a selection of cylinders and pumps - http://en.fechtner-modellbau.de
Old 02-06-2016, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post

Cool project idea. Is it going to be scaled for having little workers or going to be just the JLG?

I really hate running those in real life, but it should be way more fun as a model
I plan on making it bigger then the model shown in the pic i just need to get my measurements of it so i can figure it out, This is a baby lift as i have gone up 150' in the air we also have a 185' but that hasn't come our way in a while so cant wait to see that one, it is freaky at first but gets to be fun when u can see things for miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakthi View Post

That is a ScaleART truck with Palfinger crane. You can contact ScaleART to ask if they sell the cylinders separate, or you can check out http://www.leimbach-modellbau.de under "Produkte" - "Zylinder Masstabelle" or "Erweiterte Zylinder Masstabelle" as they also have one of those cranes in their line up and are less expensive than ScaleART.

Fechtner also has a selection of cylinders and pumps - http://en.fechtner-modellbau.de

Thanks i will check that out
Old 02-08-2016, 06:05 PM

i am lookin into getting a transmitter/receiver i was wondering if how this unit is i read on another post that that guy liked it and wanted some insist.

FLYSKY FS-CT6B
Old 02-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Here is a bit of everything, if you find something that isn't there add to the list. http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ead.php?t=5693
Old 02-08-2016, 08:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Are you set on hydro, or would electric actuators be something to consider?

Highest i've been in one is just around 70', but that was indoors working on a 777-200 vertical stabilizer. Most of my time in them is much lower, but on rental machines with worn out bushings. Makes it 'interesting' to get in close enough to work on things.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
Are you set on hydro, or would electric actuators be something to consider?

Highest i've been in one is just around 70', but that was indoors working on a 777-200 vertical stabilizer. Most of my time in them is much lower, but on rental machines with worn out bushings. Makes it 'interesting' to get in close enough to work on things.
well i was thinking of electric but i want to make it more like the original machine that i work on and also a fellow coworker challenged me to do it. I have been doing a lot of searching the past three days and i know some stuff but stuck on the motor controller right now what one would i have to get in order to run at least 9 functions i know i need a 6-10 channel receiver and transmitter i understand that but im having trouble figuring out if i use the servo valves on how the hook up to the board is suppose to be and could use a little help at that.thanks