RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Green Horn

elliot330 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bell B35D Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulio View Post
Thanks for the quick reply everyone . What metal is used on the model , is it powder coated or two pack sprayed what is ADT B50 ?
ADT is Articulated Dump Truck and B50 relates to a Bell 50 ton machine ( my old one )

B35 = Bell 35 ton. The baby of the bunch ( my new one )

CAT740 = Catapillar 40 ton machine;

Hope that helps!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Green Horn

Hi... the chassis and rear bed is made from steel and brass... The cab, fenders and hood are all made from a thick resin type plastic.

It is a lot more detailed, but also costs a bit more
Old 01-04-2013, 12:45 AM

Southgate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliot330 View Post
Hi Paulio,

... If you were to divide the hours this things take to build, by the premium over the WDC then you realize where the extra money has gone...
I don't know much about WDC, but this much I can say;
Having spent 6 years on building my crane, the work, materials, tools etc. AND just having gone to the website you posted and looking at the products, quality, and prices, those machines are a bargain! Congrats on your new acquisition. Dan
Old 03-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Wow, such a beautiful looking model! I love the details. The axles, the torque rods, and radius arms, under the rear suspension. Very nice! The driveshafts look the same as the ones that Wedico uses. I'm a little surprised at that. Wedico runs driveshafts with a 4mm bore in the yokes. It seems like everyone else runs 5mm bores. For such a large model, that will carry a lot of weight, I will be interested to know how those cardan shafts hold up. I know you didn't disassemble the model, nor build it, but do you know the axles have panetary hubs? That would ease some of the torque off the whole drivetrain.

I'd love to see some video of the model running. I'd say that 4am trip to pick it up was well worth it!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:38 AM
Green Horn

Hi Espeefan,

Thanks for the nice words.. The detail on the rear suspension is amazing, with the track rods & tie bars, even the rear light clusters match the original.

Well spotted on the driveshafts they are the same design, they may even be from a wedico, or certainly the same supplier.

About a week after owning the model, the gearbox decided to give out, THS over-nighted me a new one without question which I fitted in due course. Oddly enough the gearbox is from Bosch, its actually a cordless screwdriver gearbox. So I've had a little experience with working on it, its very tight for space that's for sure.

The axles are from Premacon and do have planetary hubs in, according the website, they are 12:1 reduction, so as you can imagine, very little force is on the drive train. So far it's gone up and over everything I've put in front of it!

here's a couple of vids for you!

Cheers
Elliot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLMnXGZQtkc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMr6Qi58WbE
Old 03-30-2013, 02:55 AM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

Nice videos Elliot. The detail and function of that truck are spot on. That's one damp site you guys are working. The other truck, is that your old one?
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 03-30-2013, 07:21 AM
Green Horn

Thanks and yes very damp, the snow was melting in the roof and dripping down nicely. It made a lovely mess. Amazing how a little puddle can completely change the driving course.

The other model is a b40 from Fumotec. Same company that made my b50 but a little smaller and more in scale with the other models.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:20 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Do you have some kind of scale pressure washer to clean the equipment with?! I park my equip when it's muddy!

Joe
Old 03-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

That is an impressive dump truck, very capable and in my opinion the best looking articulated dump to date.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the videos, Elliot! All the models in the second video are incredible.

I'm curious too, how you clean your truck, after running in the mud like that. I don't think I'd have the heart to do that!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:04 PM
Green Horn

Hi, glad you enjoyed them. To be honest, I haven't cleaned them yet and unless I need to work on them I probably won't. The mud and water barely covered the tires so the mechanical moving parts are all still free from mud and debris...