RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2014, 12:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First build ,cat D11

Thank you!! I myself am still overwhelmed with how it is turning out!! I must have watched that video 30 times so far!! I keep watching the tracks, they need to get worn a bit more but they are laying like the full size dozers. My first attempt to video was just the pile of dirt with the d11 sitting on top. I soon realized that it does have limitations. Since the dirt pile was fresh and dozer sitting on top I had to do a lot of maneuvering. I soon realized that having a lot of loose dirt piled into the tracks was/is a bad idea. It resulted in about 30 min of picking packed dirt out of the track links. Some dirt is ok but I was turning and packing dirt into the links. Then the sprocket was compressing it more resulting in slippage. Lesson learned as it does have limitations. In the last couple days I have been removing one track shoe at a time and milling a little bit off the touge to gain the much needed 1.5-2mm of clearance between shoes. That has made a lot of difference in track arching. As in the video you can see it is laying quite flat on the top rollers. A stiffer tensioning spring would be a bennifit too. Still amazed of myself in building something like this!!! Once the windows, decals, lights, sound and paint in cylinders this will be a second look at realism (In my eyes). The way it reacts and works seemed to resemble full size machines, do you all think? I've been around equipment all life but not big stuff.